• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 new Wii channel's

king zell

The new information on Wii also : in the place of this interview. The present function's being added to "Wii shopping channel one" of the Wii channel obviously :. It can present this by buying the title of a virtual console and the Wii wear for the Wii friend. It is scheduled to be added in December.

Another one is "TV program schedule channel (temporary). "It becomes a channel to which the television program schedule that uses G guide is delivered in cooperation with the interactive program guide. "It is thought that operativeness and unique not defeated at any digital device that seems to look for an interesting program for the time being with Wii are necessary. " (Iwata). It seems to be Nintendo, and it seems to become happy though there is a disadvantageous part that it is not possible to record as it is, too in there are play. Here is an appearance schedule in the spring of 2008.

excite Translation

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1211537_1124.html

ChunderMan

Living in a one-dimensional world...
I would have put a "Translated from Japanese" before those two quotes so they don't sound like a crazy person.

Evlar

Banned
Buying VC games as gifts? Sort of like giving a friend a song through iTunes? Am I reading that correctly?

JSnake

"The new information on Wii also : in the place of this interview. The present function's being added to "Wii shopping channel one" of the Wii channel obviously :. It can present this by buying the title of a virtual console and the Wii wear for the Wii friend. It is scheduled to be added in December."

what does this mean

koam

JSnake said:
"The new information on Wii also : in the place of this interview. The present function's being added to "Wii shopping channel one" of the Wii channel obviously :. It can present this by buying the title of a virtual console and the Wii wear for the Wii friend. It is scheduled to be added in December."

what does this mean

See the other thread, you can send wii ware and vc games as gifts to people.

Not sure what the second one is, sounds like a TV guide

Evlar

Banned
OK, that's apparently correct. There's a whole thread on it already. I had skipped over it because I thought shinsnake was just begging for a Wii points card or something. :lol

king zell

JSnake said:
"The new information on Wii also : in the place of this interview. The present function's being added to "Wii shopping channel one" of the Wii channel obviously :. It can present this by buying the title of a virtual console and the virtual console for the Wii friend. It is scheduled to be added in December."

what does this mean

i think it means you can buy virtual console & WW games for other Wii owners .

meppi

So it looks like you will be able to buy WiiWare games and VC games and send them to a friend as a gift? That's actually a great idea..

Civil

Gifting VC games is a great idea, but flip to my Wii to read my TV guide? Sounds like a bit of a chore, compared to just popping up the guide on my Cablebox/Satellite/Tivo/etc that already has the same correct information.

-or-

WiiVO confirmed

marc^o^ said:
Clever ideas.
What would be clever is if you could series link the shows and have a reminder pop up in game telling you that a show is on and advising you to save XX minutes before the show is scheduled to start. Innovation

No6

Visualante said:
What would be clever is if you could series link the shows and have a reminder pop up in game telling you that a show is on and advising you to save XX minutes before the show is scheduled to start. Innovation
I guess, but is there any cable provider out there who doesn't hand out DVR for free (or nearly free)?

No6 said:
I guess, but is there any cable provider out there who doesn't hand out DVR for free (or nearly free)?
Nintendo paid Associated Press and a weather provider for other channels. I see them paying (a lot less) for this too.
edit. By the way I'm not talking about recording the show like TiVo, simply a reminder to turn off your Wii and watch the show.

NotWii

Banned
No fucking way am I buying Super Metroid for all the SOBs who are unwilling to play it on their own.

Why not just allow VC games to be downloaded with a 10-30min time limit until they purchase.

bryehn

Think these channels will be integrated into the firmware, or eat yet more of the 256MB user space on the flash?

Plus what if someone gifts me a game I'm already leasing? Bound to happen, I've over 40 games on there.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Civil said:
Gifting VC games is a great idea, but flip to my Wii to read my TV guide? Sounds like a bit of a chore, compared to just popping up the guide on my Cablebox/Satellite/Tivo/etc that already has the same correct information.

Perhaps it's just my sucky college cable but I don't have anything like that. Not even a TV Guide Channel. So hooray, I have use for this.

Famitsu said:
この会見の場でWiiに関する新情報も。Wiiチャンネルのひとつ”Wiiショッピングチャンネル”にプレゼント機能が追加されることが明らかに。これはWiiフレンドに、バーチャルコンソールやWiiウェアのタイトルを購入してプレゼントできるというもの。12月から追加される予定だ。

もうひとつが、”TV番組表チャンネル(仮)”。インタラクティブプログラムガイドと提携して、Gガイドを使ったテレビ番組表を配信するチャンネルとなる。「とりあえずWiiでおもしろい番組を探そうと思えるような、どんなデジタル機器にも負けない操作性とユニークさが必要と考えています」(岩田)。そのまま録画ができないという不利な部分もあるが、任天堂らしい、遊びのある楽しいものになりそう。こちらは2008年春に登場予定だ。

10月10日の同社カンファレンスで発表された”Miiコンテストチャンネル”、”みんなのニンテンドーチャンネル”に加え、今回も新たなチャンネルが明らかになった。日常生活でWiiに触れる機会が確実に増えていきそうだ。

There was also news regarding the Wii at the press conference. It was announced that users will be able to give presents through the Wii Shopping Channel. That is, users can purchase Virtual Console or Wii Ware titles for their Wii Friends. This will be available starting in December.

Also announced was the TV Program Guide Channel (temporary name). With an interactive program guide, this channel will deliver TV schedule data from service provider G-Guide. Satoru Iwata said that users can have fun searching for [TV] programs using the unique operability of the Wii. Not content to settle for existing program guides' functionality, it will be something very fun and Nintendo-esque. It's scheduled for a Spring 2008 release.

These pieces of news come in addition to the Mii Contest Channel and Everyone's Nintendo Channel that were announced at the October 10th conference. It seems that the Wii will continue to have more opportunities to touch peoples' everyday lives.

pswii60

What the hell is the point in the TV Guide Channel? I can just press 'Guide' on my TV remote, and it comes up with its own guide. Same as anyone else with digital terrestrial/cable/satellite (ie most people). The last thing I'd want to do is turn my Wii on and mess about with that - it'd take about 10x as long and be completely pointless.

It seems they're now just making up channels for the hell of it, whereas up until now they'd actually had some really good ideas.

Rate my Mii is quite a good idea, but stolen from Hot or Not ;)

shinsnake

Banned
The Sphinx said:
OK, that's apparently correct. There's a whole thread on it already. I had skipped over it because I thought shinsnake was just begging for a Wii points card or something. :lol

Who says I'm not? :lol

Shit, now I probably have to delete something to download two new channels. This non-reading from SD card thing is really pissing me off.

Avrum

That gift channel thing actually sounds pretty neat. For those I like, great VC games you may not own on your special day.

For those I don't, Vigilante for all! :p

Avrum said:
That gift channel thing actually sounds pretty neat. For those I like, great VC games you may not own on your special day.

For those I don't, Vigilante for all! :p

It's not a separate channel. You give VC or Wii Ware titles through the updated Wii Shopping Channel.

Raist

Banned
pswii60 said:
What the hell is the point in the TV Guide Channel? I can just press 'Guide' on my TV remote, and it comes up with its own guide.

Yes, but it's not fun. With a wiimote, it'll be fun.

No6

Visualante said:
Nintendo paid Associated Press and a weather provider for other channels. I see them paying (a lot less) for this too.
edit. By the way I'm not talking about recording the show like TiVo, simply a reminder to turn off your Wii and watch the show.
I understand that, but DVR has largely eliminated the need to be told "go watch this show". The only reason I care about when a show starts is so that I don't start watching it, thereby allowing the recording to build up some buffer time for commercial skipping.

edit: what would be cool is if my Wii could interface with my DVR, thereby allowing me to navigate the system much faster. But that's not going to happen.

The gifts just use an updated version of the Wii Shop Channel not a whole new one.

I like the idea of the TV schedule channel but I imagine that it would be useless for an importer like me as it would probably show listings on US channels :(

Banned
C'mon Nintendo, make a FRIENDS channel that shows what your friends have been playing, high score boards, and a list of all the online games they have and an 'add friend' button so you can add them as your friend in a game without having to retype in friend codes. That way you can still deal in friend codes for 'non console' friends, as Nintendo loves, but for your 'console friends' you can just add them in the channel.

Also, pre-load up the Shopping channel so you don't have to 'log on' every time you want to have a look.

Deku

Banned
666 said:
Also, pre-load up the Shopping channel so you don't have to 'log on' every time you want to have a look.

That's on my wishlist too actually. I'm running the Wiiconnect on the Nintendo USB and it's ridiculous how many times an hour the Wii connects online. There is ample opportunity for the Wii to grab the shop channel page one one its outings to to the internet.

Top Bottom