• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People who intended to buy Watch Dogs on Next-Gen: What are you getting instead now?

Derrick01

Banned
I don't know honestly. I only planned on 4 games and didn't really have anything else that seemed tempting. The only other game I would even give a second of thought too would be AC4 but I know buying that would be a huge mistake.

Madness

Probably an even bigger incentive to delay buying a next gen console then. As it is, I only really cared about TitanFall or Destiny. Both come out spring 2014 or later.

So I'll probably hold off on any next gen console, see what the sales are like. Don't really care about Dead rising, Infamous that much to rush out and get it.

Hellix

Last Madden I bought was 2007 when I first got the PS3. Might as well get Madden again to start off the new gen.

Killzone........maybe AC4 also?

I was one of those "fools" who was gonna buy a PS4 Day 1 coz of WD. Oops.

The 6 month wait doesn't bother me as much since I'll have my hands full on PS3 games anyway (GT6, Beyond, GTAO, WWE2K14, Black Friday games on sale, etc)

R3TRODYCE

I moved my order to ACIV then decided that I'm over the AC series so I cancelled that and put the money on NBA 2k14(PS4). I had planned on getting 2k14 on XB1 but since I couldn't find anything else to pick up in the PS4 launch lineup (Already have KZ preordered)I had to shuffle a few games around and put my XB1 2k14 order on Zoo Tycoon.

I'm leaning more towards Killzone now, I think. Like, I'm not even that interested in it, but I may get it. I just need something to tide me over until Lego Marvel releases.

Had it paid in full, so moved it to Killzone. I really didn't want two fps' at launch, what with getting bf4 already, but everything else is kinda crap.

Vire

Interesting to see Ubisoft's master plan mostly working, seems like a lot of people are going to replace with AC4:Black Flags...

Personally, I'll wait for the inevitable price drop, AC3 was just soul crushingly disappointing.

I was always going to get AC4 and Watch_Dogs, so there's no real replacement. I'll just play through more of my PS+ backlog on the PS3 instead.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Watch_Dogs was the one game I was seriously considering (PS4). I have no idea what I'll get now. I'm going to be out of town launch weekend, so I'll probably start with Res0gun and DriveClub with my Plus sub, then wait for some impressions of the launch titles I'm mildly interested in.

Vire

Watch_Dogs was the one game I was seriously considering (PS4). I have no idea what I'll get now. I'm going to be out of town launch weekend, so I'll probably start with Res0gun and DriveClub with my Plus sub, then wait for some impressions of the launch titles I'm mildly interested in.

It's a shame to see posts like this. :(

Launch days are supposed to be exciting and this unfortunately really took some wind of the sails of the excitement this year. The more I think about it, the more I'm bummed.

Just seemed to fill a gap that was really needed in this generation's launch day catalogue.

Probably nothing. Rather than keeping my pre-order, I'll wait for ubidrop and get it for $20 or so come Black Friday. I wanted something to play at launch. By then, I'll have infamous and will be waiting for the order.

Hang on wasn't Planetside 2 supposed to be a release title as well?

Someone above me also mentioned the fact that there should be a decent amount of indie titles as well as some PSN games available around launch. So there's always that.

For me, Killzone and BF4 for sure, then a few PSN games, and a highlight for me would be Planetside 2.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Think I might just pocket that $60. I already have Killzone, DriveClub, Resogun and NBA 2K so I'm not really lacking for games to play and I'm sure as hell not falling for the Assassin's Creed trap again.

hesido

I know the question if meant for launch games, but the possibility that GTA5 may be released on next gen before Watch Dogs is amusing.

If I were Rockstar, I would speed up next gen development of the game right now, to ship on the same day as Watch Dogs, solely for trolling on corporate level.

I'm still going to get a PS4 with Killzone and BF4. I was briefly debating AC4 but considering I wasn't a fan of 1 or 2 and 4 doesn't look much better to me I probably won't get that. May get Driveclub depending on how the PS+ version is, and may get Knack if it gets extremely good reviews which I doubt. Really I'm just buying the PS4 in 2013 for the device and Killzone, 2014 is what I'm looking forward to games-wise.

Caode

I'm leaning towards Injustice, never did pick it up on PS3, but I might just save the money towards a future PS4 title down the line.

Think I might just pocket that $60. I already have Killzone, DriveClub, Resogun and NBA 2K so I'm not really lacking for games to play and I'm sure as hell not falling for the Assassin's Creed trap again.

Revolutions sucked and AC 3 was straight up garbage. Can't believe there's even any hype for AC 4, smells like 3 in a row to me.

Going to go nuts on PSN releases now. Hopefully I can preorder more on the SEN site before launch. Would be cool to hook it up and it starts downloading once I link my account.

Whether or not I kept my PS4 pre-order largely hinged on how this game ended up between the two platforms, so the fact that it's now been pushed off probably means I hold off on my ps4, which probably works out for the better since by the time I do pick one up there will be more games that I really want to play.

I thought for a bit there that Killzone alone would do it, but I was buying that game for the wrong reasons (purely graphics related.)

rrs

Wait, thought it was delayed, not cancelled??

Out of picture for next gen launch, thus a topic wondering what preorder set people are thinking about now. I, personally, am going to wait on next-gen consoles as I already have a quite good PC.

R3TRODYCE

I wish Evolution would detail the differences between Driveclub retail and Driveclub PS+ edition. I would pick the retail version up but we don't know how big the gulf is between the two versions.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Nice observation, doesn't show CoD is no longer popular, but how a different segment it is.

Well, that and the fact that so many are already buying Killzone and/or Battlefield. It takes a hardcore fan to buy 3 first person shooters at launch.

Revolutions sucked and AC 3 was straight up garbage. Can't believe there's even any hype for AC 4, smells like 3 in a row to me.

Yeah, I can't shake the feeling it's going to be garbage. Still can't get over how amazing AC3 looked in previews and what a bust it turned out to be.

It maybe gives Ghosts a SLIM chance of getting a purchase from me. Been listening to Eminem's new song often and saw the video for it with COD all over it, and it has me possibly thinking that I may grab it. It would be the first COD game I buy since Modern Warfare 2.

AC4 is definitely the more likely purchase, however. Watch Dogs releasing so close to AC4 was definitely not good business.

I don't know :( I was getting BF4/WD, now I don't know. CoD/KZ? Two shooters?!?

I'm so done with AC I don't know if I wanna go that route :/ so disappointed.

Gaz_RB

Watchdogs! That was going to be my first next gen experience, and I'm pretty disappointed I won't be able to play it this November. The delay was definitely for the best though. What a damned hard decision that had to be.

My first next gen experience will be Killzone now, because I think that's my best bet for a true next gen slap in the face. I'll probably pick up AC4 now, because Watchdogs isn't coming out, and I still want that next gen open world fix.

Hang on wasn't Planetside 2 supposed to be a release title as well?

Someone above me also mentioned the fact that there should be a decent amount of indie titles as well as some PSN games available around launch. So there's always that.

For me, Killzone and BF4 for sure, then a few PSN games, and a highlight for me would be Planetside 2.

"Launch Window"

Top Bottom