• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Killer Instinct and Powerstar golf? Also 720p with not much going on. It's not IW that is slacking here.

Hardware is a factor, but right now the biggest issue is API's. Sony have work to do on there's and alot more will come, but MS WERE NOT ready to launch this year, no way no how and all these issues are testament to that, no shows, dumb PR statements.

The X1 was a 2014 Release and MS have rushed to market to not lose ground to Sony, plain and Simple.

When KI cannot run higher than 720 what hope has a 3rd party game got at Launch!!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
That exact animation happens in the killzone multiplayer video in that other thread.

Guy dies leaving train carriage, glitches.

Now what?

Because nearly EVERY kill in CoD looks like the same static bullshit.

Where as Killzone and Battlefield both have some of the best death animation/ragdoll blends in gaming.
ihXB5mTJUYYZQ.gif

iTHlnQPcodebm.gif

Hell even Mercenary on the Damn Vita bests CoD death animations.

And lets not even get started on environmental physics.

SMZC

Where as Killzone and Battlefield both have some of the best death animation/ragdoll blends in gaming.

Sure. They do. And yet, neither series has been able to touch COD in terms of controls yet, at least on consoles. I find that to be of a higher importance than technical aspects that have barely (if any) effect on gameplay, which is precisely why I will keep looking forward to new installments in the COD series with more excitement than a new Battlefield or Killzone; at least until these two manage to get on par with COD on these more gameplay related aspects.

BigTnaples

Sure. They do. And yet, neither series has been able to touch COD in terms of controls yet, at least on consoles. I find that to be of a higher importance than technical aspects that have barely (if any) effect on gameplay, which is precisely why I will keep looking forward to new installments in the COD series with more excitement than a new Battlefield or Killzone; at least until these two manage to get on par with COD on these more gameplay related aspects.

That's all fine and dandy, but we weren't talking about gameplay in that conversation nor this thread, so what is the point of your post?

Flakker

Although this was in OXM i though it was worth mentioning.Maybe things aren't as bad as expected in XBox land..

As revealed by Eurogamer in June, the game runs at 60 frames per second in 1080p on Xbox one.

A few quotes from Infinity Ward's executive producer Mark Rubin

"Graphically I still love when we're playing in the office, when we play on Xbox One - you go up to a brick wall and you can see all the geometry of the bricks," he mused. "Even the little tiny cracks - you can see the geometry. It catches my eye, sometimes, even when we're in the middle of a firefight. It's like 'ooh, pretty'.
"For the Xbox One you're obviously looking at fantastic-looking graphics, super-smooth play,"

"We actually have a 4K TV at work and got the game running on that," Rubin told the site at the time. "It looks phenomenal. The 4K TVs have a max hertz of 30, so we're maxing it out. It looks amazing!"

Atruvius

I don't think CoD will have that advantage anymore on next gen consoles with both BF4 and KZ being 60 fps.

Skeff

Although this was in OXM i though it was worth mentioning.Maybe things aren't as bad as expected in XBox land..

As revealed by Eurogamer in June, the game runs at 60 frames per second in 1080p on Xbox one.

A few quotes from Infinity Ward's executive producer Mark Rubin

"Graphically I still love when we're playing in the office, when we play on Xbox One - you go up to a brick wall and you can see all the geometry of the bricks," he mused. "Even the little tiny cracks - you can see the geometry. It catches my eye, sometimes, even when we're in the middle of a firefight. It's like 'ooh, pretty'.
"For the Xbox One you're obviously looking at fantastic-looking graphics, super-smooth play,"

"We actually have a 4K TV at work and got the game running on that," Rubin told the site at the time. "It looks phenomenal. The 4K TVs have a max hertz of 30, so we're maxing it out. It looks amazing!"

Eurogamer also revealed both Ryse and Killer instinct were 1080p and they were very wrong, also note there is a distinct lack of "1080p" in those Rubin comments.

Except, from what we're told now by insiders, it doesn't. Microsoft have yet to confirm or deny any resolution. And that original Eurogamer article had no direct quotes to such effect anyway.

G_Berry

Banned

Hell even Mercenary on the Damn Vita bests CoD death animations.

And lets not even get started on environmental physics.

*Enter David Attenborough...

"When the wild Sony fanboy is shown anything remotely negative towards his beloved franchise, he becomes ferocious in his defence.

Its not uncommon for him to produce many gifs, compressed versions of scenes which can hide many of the flaws.

Sometimes, the fanboy goes on the attack, spamming said gifs in threads regardless of genre or platform to prove his dominance over all and justify his allegiance"

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Catch 22 honestly

If it can do 1080p 60 fps yada yada then it's no big deal because it's just COD and not very demanding in the eyes of the interwebz

If it can't do 1080p 60 fps... red alert. DOOMSDAY ya'll

Of course because... if it can't do 1080p there's something wrong

Eurogamer also revealed both Ryse and Killer instinct were 1080p and they were very wrong, also note there is a distinct lack of "1080p" in those Rubin comments.

They can say they're running in 1080p all day long and get away with it so long as they don't say the word "native", because they'll be upscaled to a 1080p signal, but that does not change the fact that if they aren't rendered in 1080p, then they are not truly 1080p games.

If it's a title I'm interested in and it's exclusive to one console or the other, I'll play it regardless of resolution or FPS. But if it's a multiplat, I'll get the superior version every time.

Edit: Misread your post, you were pointing out that they were wrong, not trying to say CoD is 1080 on XB1. Carry on...

Artorias

Banned

"When the wild Sony fanboy is shown anything remotely negative towards his beloved franchise, he becomes ferocious in his defence.

Its not uncommon for him to produce many gifs, compressed versions of scenes which can hide many of the flaws.

Sometimes, the fanboy goes on the attack, spamming said gifs in threads regardless of genre or platform to prove his dominance over all and justify his allegiance"

Sounds like you should take a break. This doesn't belong in any thread on Gaf.

SMZC

That's all fine and dandy, but we weren't talking about gameplay in that conversation nor this thread, so what it the point of your post?

My post was directed more at the implied idea that a lot of people seem to hold (not necessarily you) that Ghosts is somehow this complete garbage of a game that does nothing better than its direct competition. If you are looking for graphics and a good showcase of these next-gen systems, COD is probably not the best place to find that. But we already knew that.

With that said, with the conversation being more focused around graphics, I will say that the game still looks more than fine, even for next-gen hardware. It's one of the very few games that accomplish 1080p and 60fps, something that a lot of people claim to be "a necessity", and yet, when COD does it, it somehow doesn't matter (Battlefield doesn't seem to be doing it, for one thing, and Killzone does it in multiplayer, but not in single player, whereas COD does it throughout all of its modes). This is not done thanks to "shit graphics", like a lot of people are claiming (although I will admit that the ragdolls are absolute garbage, and have been so since 2007).

I posted this video in another thread. I recommend downloading it to the HDD to get a more accurate view on how the game really looks like; none of that Youtube or IGN low quality streaming garbage:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_call_of_duty_ghosts_trailer-14697_en.html

No one can say with a straight face that these are shit graphics, or that current-gen can do this. It may not be up to par with the level of detail of Shadow Fall, or with the scale of BF4, but it looks quite fine. Current-gen COD games don't have those textures, nor do they run at 1080p, like the PS4 version of Ghosts does. Hell, current-gen COD isn't even native 720p. So, let's not kid ourselves; there is indeed a substantial improvement here over what was capable on PS360.

Jburton

Banned

You should take a break and maybe consider a change of career .......... comedy and forum posting aren't working for you.

BigTnaples

Interesting. Two of the games we are discussing are on like 5-6 platforms each.

That and the fact that I have purchased every single IW CoD in existence (some multiple times), and have 1000gs in MW1-2-and nearly 3.

Also have an Xbox One pre-purchased in full, as well as having purchased 360, OG Xbox, Kinect, and the damned HD-DVD add on day one. But I never owned a Playstation One?

Also.

Me.

You couldn't have been more spot on.... I am a CoD hating PlayStation Fan Boy. Wait...

system11

The glitch itself is not entirely the issue, look at the texture. Is that good enough to you? if yes, then you should probably buy the PS3/360 version since it will probably look the same.

also, CoD hitting a rock solid 60 ? what CoD have you played that have a locked 60 fps ?

Thos 3 FPS will never be locked at 60. Dips are expected and will happen.

Black Ops 2 on the 360 drops frames so rarely that it may as well be locked (specifically I play hardcore Team Deathmatch all the time, can't speak for single player). That goes for all of the games, if it's just during specific explosions, masses of smoke effects in one place then I'm realistic, that gets a free pass. What it doesn't do is choke constantly in certain map areas for example. The one that worries me is when they say Killzone runs at 60 "a lot of the time". How much is a lot, exactly? I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

As for the textures, the static screens I've seen look, that gif is obviously not representative on the falling soldier. I don't particularly pay attention to textures, I just ask that they move smoothly and not be so heavily anti aliased that you're trying to pick one blur out from another.

Side note: I would dearly love console games to give us options for things like that, like PC games do.

You should watch his documentary on XBox fanboys. It always follows the Sony documentary, but no-one takes it seriously.

SMZC

I don't think CoD will have that advantage anymore on next gen consoles with both BF4 and KZ being 60 fps.

It's not just about the framerate, though. It's also about response time, the smoothness of the character's animations, how the controls are actually adjusted, etc, etc.

I ignore how responsive the current version of Shadow Fall is, but reports from the E3 build said that it still had the infamous input lag from Killzone 2. Even if that has been fixed by now, I very much doubt the controls are up to par with COD, which has always been top dog in this aspect.

As for Battlefield, I don't know if this will be fixed on the final version either, but I recall the 360 beta having the same sensibility both for aiming down the sights and for aiming from the hip. That's an indication that Battlefield 4 is a PC-centric game and that DICE doesn't focus as much on making sure that the controls are well adjusted for console gaming, whereas the COD teams always excel on this. The animations of Battlefield are also slower, it takes more time for the character to perform certain actions, there are miss inputs too, which is unheard of on any COD. Some of these aspects are necessarily better or worse, but it gives COD the distinctive fast-paced, fluid action that a lot of people love about it. It just goes to show that it never was "just" about the 60fps; so, the fact that now the competition has that framerate too doesn't really mean much for COD. COD still has its distinctive style, and none of the other big players are really following it.

Krilekk

Banned
Apparently it's an issue with how the ESRAM is set up, and it really not being big enough to easily do 1080p

I find that hard to believe considering the 360s EDRAM is much smaller and the console has no problem running games like Rayman at 60 fps in 1080p with FSAA.

test_account

XP-39C²
1080p doesn't really matter on a 8 year old engine...

does it ?
The enigne is not 8 year old. I mean, the base of it might be about 8 years indeed, but the engine they used 8 years ago is not the exact same that they use now. Improvements has been made, so i think resolution would matter to the visual quality.

Skeff

I find that hard to believe considering the 360s EDRAM is much smaller and the console has no problem running games like Rayman at 60 fps in 1080p with FSAA.

Info dump:

Well No, It's not just esram that means a lack of 1080p, it is also the power of the consoles GPUs, but this is a significant factor and would help determine where a developer would cut scale back, regarding fitting it into 10mb if we look back at my previous post ad just throw 720p numbers into it we can get:

Back Buffer:
1280x720 [Resolution] * 32 [Bits Per Pixel] * 2[FSAA Depth]
= 58982400 bits = 7MB

Depth Buffer:
1280x720 [Resolution] * 32 [24Bit Z, 8Bit Stencil] * 2 [FSAA Depth]
= 58982400 bits = 7MB

Front Buffer:
1280x720 [Resolution] * 32 [24Bit Z, 8Bit Stencil]
= 29491200 bits = 3.5MB

For a total of 17.5MB with 2x AA, of course this doesn't fit in 10mb edram, however if we look at the memory setup of the xbox 360 bandwidth we get this:

X360bandwidthdiagram.jpg

That has bandwidth of just 32GB/s for Esram compared to the 22.4GB/s to main ram, I comparison to the PS3, it has similar bandwidth between GPU and main memory, transferring data from esram to main memory and back on the xb1 is relatively a much bigger hit to performance than it was in the 360, All three of the buffers at 720p and 2x FSAA fit into edram and can be moved between edram and main memory with less of a performance hit than if the same thing was done on XB1. For instance on XB1 it would drop a potential bandwidth from 140gb/s down to 68gb/s for a drop of over 50% (and around 60% slower than PS4), compared to the drop in the 360 which would only be from 32 to 22, which is around a 30% drop (and around the same as PS3)

Also further in that thread it is clarified by Kagari that a Japaese developer was having similar Esram issues.

We don't know for sure what it the main cause of sub 1080p But I would assume both the lower Graphical power and the esram will both contribute.

We are in the same situation for tiled deferred rendering as well AFAIK

I don't know, I heard that each can display four rectangle Meaning that 3 of the rectangles could be flagged as empty and only display one portion of the screen in the buffer. If that was the case they could Display 1 quarter of the screen at 1080p (main character) and another at 3 quarters of the screen at 720, I think this would save memory, However it is far more likely the additional display plane would be used for a 1080p UI stuck on top of a 720p screen. But I really don't know.

Theecliff

Banned

I... I don't think this was as funny as you thought it would be. What's with all the salt as of late?

Ubersnug

I won't pretend to be technically minded when it comes to subjects like this, so I won't even try to throw blind facts that I don't fully understand and can't back up. I also fully appreciate that there is a hardware disparity between the PS4 and XOne - the level of disparity seems to be subjective, but it is undeniable. However, while I do appreciate that Forza 5 and NBA2K14 are doing different things than what an FPS will be doing - It still baffles me how Infinity Ward cannot get a game that is running on a heavily modified Quake 3 engine outputting @ 1080P on the XOne.

It raises far too many questions than just the simple response of 'The XOne's GPU Can't handle it'. Even if IW had to reduce post processing effects, or whatever, I am sure they could get teh game running @ 1080P.

Has Infinity Ward bloated their engine with too many bells and whistles that optimising it before the XOne and PS4 release was asking too much? That the PS4's brute force is enough to carry the game, despite the lack of optimisation?

Is Microsoft's XOne SDK so immature that Infinity Ward couldn't optimise their engine enough with the tools available?

With more development time, can the COD/Quake engine be optimised enough to get the game running @ 1080P on the XOne? Or is it a true lost cause?

I'm not one for personally getting hung up on which is the better platform when buying a game. However, what I am getting hung up on is that the XOne is limping from the start of this race and won't be able to recover. We need some assurances that things will get better if this is the case.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
The enigne is not 8 year old. I mean, the base of it might be about 8 years indeed, but the engine they used 8 years ago is not the exact same that they use now. Improvements has been made, so i think resolution would matter to the visual quality.

They did change a few things... apparently now on pc a 780 gtx is recommended... end of "enhancements";)

How about Killer Instinct and Powerstar golf? Also 720p with not much going on. It's not IW that is slacking here.

Aren't all xb1 exclusives confirmed sub native 1080p except Forza 5? That would apply to all the arcade titles as well like Crimson Dragon, KI, Fighter Within and all the others. I know DR3 is 720p and Ryse is 900p.

My post was directed more at the implied idea that a lot of people seem to hold (not necessarily you) that Ghosts is somehow this complete garbage of a game that does nothing better than its direct competition. If you are looking for graphics and a good showcase of these next-gen systems, COD is probably not the best place to find that. But we already knew that.

With that said, with the conversation being more focused around graphics, I will say that the game still looks more than fine, even for next-gen hardware. It's one of the very few games that accomplish 1080p and 60fps, something that a lot of people claim to be "a necessity", and yet, when COD does it, it somehow doesn't matter (Battlefield doesn't seem to be doing it, for one thing, and Killzone does it in multiplayer, but not in single player, whereas COD does it throughout all of its modes). This is not done thanks to "shit graphics", like a lot of people are claiming (although I will admit that the ragdolls are absolute garbage, and have been so since 2007).

I posted this video in another thread. I recommend downloading it to the HDD to get a more accurate view on how the game really looks like; none of that Youtube or IGN low quality streaming garbage:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_call_of_duty_ghosts_trailer-14697_en.html

No one can say with a straight face that these are shit graphics, or that current-gen can do this. It may not be up to par with the level of detail of Shadow Fall, or with the scale of BF4, but it looks quite fine. Current-gen COD games don't have those textures, nor do they run at 1080p, like the PS4 version of Ghosts does. Hell, current-gen COD isn't even native 720p. So, let's not kid ourselves; there is indeed a substantial improvement here over what was capable on PS360.

Ayup. I understand why people feel that way after watching the IGN footage. I really don't know why devs are giving exclusive video to people who are making it look like shit with their horrible compression and 30 fps.

Even at 720p on Xbox One, it will clearly look better than the 360 or PS3 version, in more ways than just resolution, even if it's one of the poorer looking launch titles.

But I don't blame people for not believing that if they've seen the IGN videos. I blame IGN, and Infinity Ward for not demanding IGN offer downloads at higher bit rates and full frame rates.

StuBurns

Banned
Crimson Dragon sure as shit shouldn't be 720p, it's a 360 port, and it's a rail-shooter that runs at 30fps, that's already unacceptable.

Skeff

Aren't all xb1 exclusives confirmed sub native 1080p except Forza 5? That would apply to all the arcade titles as well like Crimson Dragon, KI, Fighter Within and all the others. I know DR3 is 720p and Ryse is 900p.

I'm not sure on a lot of those resolutions, but I can confirm Zoo Tycoon is 1080p on the XB1.

EDIT: technically I can confirm that the screenshots released for Zoo tycoon are native 1080p, but so are the Ryse screenshots, but other screenshots like powerstar golf are actually 720p native released.

DR3 is variable resolution like Wipeout HD and Rage. Killer Instinct is confirmed 720p and 60 fps. People who can't believe COD could be 720p, or who think that if it is, it's entirely on Infinity Ward don't seem to be able to explain why it should be higher resolution than Killer Instinct, which is a 1 vs 1 fighting game.

I saw this earlier today.

The way information is distributed these days: forums, Facebook, Twitter, MS are going to have a difficult time responding. Do they lay low or try to obfuscate?

Portugeezer

Ayup. I understand why people feel that way after watching the IGN footage. I really don't know why devs are giving exclusive video to people who are making it look like shit with their horrible compression and 30 fps.

Even at 720p on Xbox One, it will clearly look better than the 360 or PS3 version, in more ways than just resolution, even if it's one of the poorer looking launch titles.

But I don't blame people for not believing that if they've seen the IGN videos. I blame IGN, and Infinity Ward for not demanding IGN offer downloads at higher bit rates and full frame rates.

IGN's is fucking terrible. You could compare BF3 on PC and BF3 on console to that and it'd look near identical with all the compression.

Slashlen

I saw this earlier today.

The way information is distributed these days: forums, Facebook, Twitter, MS are going to have a difficult time responding. Do they lay low or try to obfuscate?

A little of both. Nothing official, but Albert Penello assured people it would look great.

IN&OUT

Banned
First we got KI downgrade, then Ryse then BF and now COD. It's clear that X1 chip design is NOT optimal for full HD (without heavy compromise s on effects).

Yes, its that weak for a supposedly 2014 next gen console.

I'm not sure on a lot of those resolutions, but I can confirm Zoo Tycoon is 1080p on the XB1.

EDIT: technically I can confirm that the screenshots released for Zoo tycoon are native 1080p, but so are the Ryse screenshots, but other screenshots like powerstar golf are actually 720p native released.

So, it looks like the xb1 only has 3 confirmed native 1080p games at launch. NBA2K14, Forza 5 and Zoo Tycoon. I'm sure Zoo Tycoon being native 1080p will help assuage their dissapointment at COD being 720p. :p

IGN's is fucking terrible. You could compare BF3 on PC and BF3 on console to that and it'd look near identical with all the compression.

Gamespots is the same. It literally leached all the next genness out of the NBA 2K 14 footage. Devs need to lean on the press to get them to fix this crap.

StuBurns

Banned
Shouldn't be this game gold by this time?
The gold is already starting to fade, there are unboxings already. They can still patch it, but yes, we can compare the unpatched game anyway. It'll be interesting to see what a month of optimization can do actually.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Lol Pot calling the kettle black much?

Skeff

So, it looks like the xb1 only has 3 confirmed native 1080p games at launch. NBA2K14, Forza 5 and Zoo Tycoon. I'm sure Zoo Tycoon being native 1080p will help assuage their dissapointment at COD being 720p. :p

Full list of confrimed resolutions:

We made a list of confirmed resolutions, but Albert sure as shit wouldn't want to look at it:

Forza: 1080p - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/17/forza-5-runs-at-native-1080p-ryse-does-not
CoD:DoG 1080p - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4
Fifa 1080p - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ference-between-current-gen-and-next-gen-fifa
LocoCycle 1080p - Pixel count by Liabe Brave - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86349940&postcount=35
Zoo Tycoon 1080p - Pixel count by Liabe Brave - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86353156&postcount=37
PowerstarGolf - 720p with 1080p UI - Pixel count by Liabe Brave - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86349940&postcount=35
Ryse: 900p - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/17/forza-5-runs-at-native-1080p-ryse-does-not
KI: 720p - http://gamingbolt.com/killer-instin...s-removed-or-optimized-praises-xbox-one-cloud
DR3: Dynamic bullshit - actually unable to find a solid link on this, many available but no direct dev comments could be found easily. - Albert could clarify if he wanted to, even if he didn't know it would be 1 phonecall away.

Driveclub: 1080p - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4
KZ:SF: 1080p - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4
Knack: 1080p - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4
Infamous: 1080p - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4
the Order: 1920x800 (artistic- 2.40 cinema aspect ratio, retains 1:1 pixel mapping) - Seriously, the resolution of this one is everywhere, find it yourself :p
ACIV: 1080p - constantly referred to as 1080p, eurogamer comment here - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-analysis-assassins-creed-4
CoD:DoG 1080p - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4
Fifa 1080p - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ference-between-current-gen-and-next-gen-fifa
Resogun: 1080p - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-resogun
Flower: 1080p - https://twitter.com/TDMoss/status/385907407475314688 - talks about 60fps in tweet but in comments confirms 1080p
DC:UO 1080p - http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/e3-2013-dcuo-plans-to-remain-completely-free-on-ps4/
FF14 1080p - http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09...-fps-1080p-equivalent-to-highest-pc-settings/
Blacklight Retribution 1080p - http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/06/hands-on-with-blacklight-retribution-for-playstation-4/
Hohokum 1080p - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/07/hohokum-coming-to-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-in-2014/
Strider 1080p - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/10/strider-hands-on-remember-your-ninja-training/

They are just about the only confirmed resolutions out there.

EDIT: If anyone provides a valid link with a developer quote or a pixel analysis I'll add the game to the list.

EDIT2:
There is a thread here: www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=86349940 which not only does some pixel counting it also explains how it is done if anyone is interested, it also confirms the figures above for Killzone, Knack, Infamous, Resogun, Driveclub and Infamous.

Also of note: Ryse was 1080p native at E3.

I may have to remove the CoD info from that. but Fifa and lococycle are also confirmed 1080p

First we got KI downgrade, then Ryse then BF and now COD. It's clear that X1 chip design is NOT optimal for full HD (without heavy compromise s on effects).

Yes, its that weak for a supposedly 2014 next gen console.

to be fair, it still offers a clear upgrade over current gen. to be fair, we are seeing games resolutions generally increase on the Xbox One compared to last gen. but yeah, I guess Microsoft didn't think full 1080p would be a big deal.

if that's the main difference between PS4 and Xbox One versions, I think most Xbox One owners will be content.

but me, I'm going to love the higher percentage of 1080p goodness being offered on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom