• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

DrXym

Doc Evils said:
ah bitter tears.

Just like how those pit stop screens were CG amrite?

I still chuckle about some of the stupid remarks made previously about the pit stop screens.

erick

Banned
Doc Evils said:
ah bitter tears.

Just like how those pit stop screens were CG amrite?

81yb7ec.jpg

If you think you will get this amount of roadside detail on a measly 256MB of video memory, you either know nothing of graphics cards or you're posting under influence ;)

The car will most likely look that good, but as for the rest...

nofi

erick said:
If you think you will get this amount of roadside detail on a measly 256MB of video memory, you either know nothing of graphics cards or you're posting under influence ;)

You're funny.

Doc Evils

erick said:

You have no idea how the PS3 works do you? just randomly stumbled across this thread I presume?

nofi

erick said:
You're an ignoramus, which is also funny in a sad way.

Don't you have PC threads to entertain yourself? Seriously, you don't know a damned thing about the PS3 or this game. You've not played a demo. In fact, you probably just turned up here and saw a 430 in London, spit out your coffee and then tried desperately to convince yourself that it can't be true.

Come Friday I'll have a little YouTube for you.

erick said:
EDIT: removed response to deleted post.

Too late.

DrXym

erick said:
81yb7ec.jpg

The building's shadow looks quite steppy. If it was a bullshot, why wouldn't they fix that? Anyway, having played the GT5 Prologue Demo, I see no reason it can't render exactly as you see it in the picture although the AA mightn't be as good.

erick said:

The environment will look just like that, although I bet you'll find differences (that will not be there) when people post digicam shots.

avaya

erick said:
81yb7ec.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Only thing bullshot about this is the SSAA.

erick said:

Your world is CRUMBLING right now, isn't it? I believe you have at least 4 corners in your room, you know what to do.

erick

Banned
nofi said:
Don't you have PC threads to entertain yourself? Seriously, you don't know a damned thing about the PS3 or this game. You've not played a demo. In fact, you probably just turned up here and saw a 430 in London, spit out your coffee and then tried desperately to convince yourself that it can't be true.

Come Friday I'll have a little YouTube for you.

Too late.

You caught my edit :) No matter, just wanted to make sure it was properly addressed to you.

I'm sorry, how competent can you be if you think you'll use YouTube to show me off this hi-rez texture quality? :)

Secondly, I know more of PS3 hardware than you could probably comprehend, both Cell and RSX. ;)

nofi

erick said:
You caught my edit :) No matter, just wanted to make sure it was properly addressed to you.

I'm sorry, how competent can you be if you think you'll use YouTube to show me off this hi-rez texture quality? :)

Secondly, I know more of PS3 hardware than you could probably comprehend, both Cell and RSX. ;)

Competent? I'll be playing the game, not developing it.

You're a joke, go play with Crysis or something.

erick said:

You should play Uncharted. Amazing texturing.

erick

Banned
nofi said:
Competent? I'll be playing the game, not developing it.

You're a joke, go play with Crysis or something.

All you need to say now is that it's 1080p native and then you'd really show me :lol

CEO

SolidSnakex said:
Agreed, obviously GT isn't that good.

Look how everything is funny now and then... you telling me that a "Demo" a "Prologue" is a 10/10/9/10? How is that? Endless Replayability? ...must be the lack of any good games i guess

CEO said:
Look how everything is funny now and then... you telling me that a "Demo" a "Prologue" is a 10/10/9/10? How is that? Endless Replayability? ...must be the lack of any good games i guess

Its a racing game, if it's really good it is endlessly replayable. That's the nature of the genre.

CEO

Doc Evils said:
You have no idea how the PS3 works do you? just randomly stumbled across this thread I presume?

Well i hope you dont mind him telling the truth. its obvious you dont know how sony's pr dep works. HINT.

OMG!!!!
it is not possible the game looks so gorgeous !
i mean, it's really scary.
The AA is sure to be too good to be true. But anyway, the car models are jaw-dropping.
ps3 has shown its muscle recently :
Heavenly sword < Ratchet < Uncharted < GT5P.

and coming soon : MGS4 < KZ2 < FFXIII.

erick

Banned
Doc Evils said:

CEO said:
Well i hope you dont mind him telling the truth. its obvious you dont know how sony's pr dep works. HINT.

Doc Evils, I translated a 5 page piece in my hardware forum on CELL architecture before the PS3 was even out and I know nVidia GPUs like the back of my hand all the way back to Riva TNT 16MB. HINT. ;)

Dalauz

erick said:
Doc Evils, I translated a 5 page piece in my hardware forum on CELL architecture before the PS3 was even out and I know nVidia GPUs like the back of my hand all the way back to Riva TNT 16MB. HINT. ;)
Streaming. Fast, wikipedia could help you.

dankir

Okay I need some clarification. What should be the easiest way to purchase this? Buy the disc from an import shop ? Or buy the 5000 yen card off of ebay ?

I want to have it asap!

To all the doubters the Prologue demo is very close to this it has some aliasing problems, but at 1080p its fucking gorgeous.

nofi

dankir said:
Okay I need some clarification. What should be the easiest way to purchase this? Buy the disc from an import shop ? Or buy the 5000 yen card off of ebay ?

I want to have it asap!

I was importing the disk, but I've changed my mind for the PSN card, which should hopefully be emailed over tomorrow.

DieH@rd

Banned
dankir said:

I want to have it asap!

Playasia.com

avaya

dankir said:

I want to have it asap!

To all the doubters the Prologue demo is very close to this it has some aliasing problems, but at 1080p its fucking gorgeous.

Someone already said Playasia. Yesasia.com is also great.

Top Bottom