• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One voice uses region data from marketplace region setting, can't mix and match

T.O.P

Banned
Ok what?

I will be forced to have Italian in all my games because i won't be able to change the Language (System Language or something on the 360?) of the UI?

Same for Voice Commands?

Am i getting this right or it's last night's booze

Tiu Neo

It does but you will have to use the terrible Brazilian marketplace. And if your gamwrtag is US, you can't use it and set the system to Portuguese like you can on the 360

That's ok to me. I'll just use everything in english, and buy everything in US Dollars. Most of the things are cheaper that way, anyway.

I just hope they didn't put IP blocks on that.

Nerfon

Ok what?

I will be forced to have Italian in all my games because i won't be able to change the Language (System Language or something on the 360?) of the UI?

Same for Voice Commands?

Am i getting this right or it's last night's booze

You getting it right , that's the reason i am now forced to skip xbox one and move to ps4 where i can set language i want and shop region no matter.

this whole voice commands thing is such a wasted load of crap imo.
People could have played the console all over the world by now if it wasn't for this highly failure sensitive tech.

Nerfon

this whole voice commands thing is such a wasted load of crap imo.
People could have played the console all over the world by now if it wasn't for this highly failure sensitive tech.

Problem is not voice chat , is that that you cant set in europe the consolle to english language if you no a uk resident.

Nerfon

Start to think xbox one os coding got outsouced to some asian nation, you cant be an american and dont know your language is speaked also in other nations.

Lonnie413

Just imagine when people find out that the console might be region free but the games are region locked. Hilarity will surely insue.

Colbert

Banned
Just imagine when people find out that the console might be region free but the games are region locked. Hilarity will surely insue.

Games are not region locked if you buy on disc. But if you want to buy digital-only you can only do it on your region marketplace. If you want to play the game in a language of your choice the game have to support it (as it always was, it is exactly the same on Playstation). If your disc or digital-image of the game supports different languages there is no problem games wise!

Nerfon

Games are not region locked if you buy on disc. But if you want to buy digital-only you can only do it on your region marketplace. If you want to play the game in a language of your choice the game have to support it (as it always was, it is exactly the same on Playstation). If your disc or digital-image of the game supports different languages there is no problem games wise!

Games can not be played in english if your account is not uk or na when you created it.

Colbert

Banned
Games can not be played in english if your account is not uk or na when you created it.

As you know this time the XBox One and their games are not region locked. So I can buy a UK version and play it in english on my german region XBox One.

So what you are saying is completely wrong!

Lima

As you know this time the XBox One and their games are not region locked. So I can buy a UK version and play it in english on my german region XBox One.

So no what you are saying is completely wrong!

I expect most games to be multi language this time with Blu-ray like it was already on PS3 last gen.

This means that when your Xbox is set to German and thus to Germany as a country, most games will play in German.

So you then have to change your language and country, enter a valid billing address etc. Man this shit fucked me up yesterday and I'm still mad about this today. Oh well still gonna pick it up in less than 24 hours.

Colbert

Banned
I expect most games to be multi language this time with Blu-ray like it was already on PS3 last gen.

This means that when your Xbox is set to German and thus to Germany as a country, most games will play in German.

So you then have to change your language and country, enter a valid billing address etc. Man this shit fucked me up yesterday and I'm still mad about this today. Oh well still gonna pick it up in less than 24 hours.

If it is like it was on PS3 than you can still select the language in-game you want to play with if I remember correctly. You were able to chose this in the options of a game or at the beginning.

For the record: I will also play most games in german language but I was hoping for that I would be able to use english voice commands for the UI.

T.O.P

Banned
You getting it right , that's the reason i am now forced to skip xbox one and move to ps4 where i can set language i want and shop region no matter.

bullshit decision, making english available to every country would have been the better way to go

now i donnow what i'll do when i'll set it up tomorrow =_=

joseale

Ah, MS, you and your boneheaded one step forward, two steps back routine. Removing choices is always worse, what's so wrong with giving users options like System Language, Game Language, Subtitle Language, Marketplace Locale? and then tie up your payment method only to the marketplace locale?

Why tie everything up in an all-or-nothing fashion? At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if you are working on ways to also lock voice chat to your selected locale, not transmitting voice messages if the box detects you're speaking in, say, german with a locale set to UK.

Every day I have access to more and more online places where I can buy and get stuff from all over the world delivered to my house @hellhole Mexico and you are going in the exact opposite direction, restricting digital purchases based on geography where the restriction wasn't there before. You are not alone, though, Google with its play store pulls the same kind of shit and after 2 years of arguing back and forth with them to let me spend my damn money on their store they just won't let me, with the obvious result that they've gotten $0 from me altogether. It certainly is not in your best interest to strive for this kind of policy "success".

Is just having it work as it does today with the 360 too much to ask?

Nerfon

Well news for italy, xbox one supporting voice command in italian day one .

Think it detecting better italian than english lol

Sad that MS pr dont know that it's supported :p

Top Bottom