• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 6 trailers [Complete blowout: All cars/tracks/features/etc]

mrJared

Banned
and...If anyone is in the market for a racing wheel, I am looking to unload my Logitech G27 with Wheel Stand Pro, I threw it up on eBay, I put it up at $200 so I should have no trouble selling it, but figured I'd give you guys a heads up before it gets taken by some PC sim guy. Used the thing maybe 4 times in its life, likely the best condition for a 'used' wheel anywhere.

In case anyone was interested, just search eBay for 'Logitech G27 with stand', and it should be the first one that pops up.

edit: wow, just checked amazon, they're still selling these for $240.

Damn they can make an awesome trailer...

And the new lighting mode really enhances the game. It makes the latest Forza, which looks great, look plasticky in comparison.

OmegaDL50

Multisampling (MSAA) is a newer form of AA which came about through incorporating optimizations into graphics hardware to perform more efficient AA.

MSAA provides a good compromise between image quality and performance.

GT5 uses the Quincunx MSAA style based on the Digital Foundry face off between the Nissan GT Academy 2013 GT6 Demo versus GT5

Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) which uses post-processing (usually by software) to apply a form of full-scene anti-aliasing to any game.

Morphological AA also works in conjunction with MSAA. MLAA can be a great option, but it can have a detrimental effect on image quality when small text is critical in game play. As such, it isn’t viable as a set-and-forget method of anti-aliasing for everyone.

In short,

MLAA > Does decently well and barely costs FPS.
MSAA > Does better than MLAA in higher levels but costs a lot more of FPS.

GT6 with all of it's additions being a higher resolution, day/night cycles, weather changes, real-time lighting changes. It would be unacceptable for GT6 to use the same AA method as GT5 did at the cost of framerate.

This is especially so in regards to a racing game in which the illusion of speed is crucial.

I guess it won't be too long before the intro leaks. I just hope that with this being the anniversary that Sony finally lets westerners have Moon Over the Castle. But I doubt it. :/

OmegaDL50

I guess it won't be too long before the intro leaks. I just hope that with this being the anniversary that Sony finally lets westerners have Moon Over the Castle. But I doubt it. :/

Custom soundtracks buddy! We can add it ourselves.

Edit : I should change my avatar.

I originally joined GAF because of the Mighty No. 9 topic, but it seems I've taken a liking to this place, I think it's time for me to get a self appropriate avatar to compliment my love of racing games. I think majority of my post history is in this very topic too.

Suggestions?

Goldrusher

I should change my avatar.

I originally joined GAF because of the Mighty No. 9 topic, but it seems I've taken a liking to this place, I think it's time for me to get a self appropriate avatar to compliment my love of racing games. I think majority of my post history is in this very topic too.

Suggestions?
tsd8u0d.jpg

Mobius 1

Unrelated to the topic, but I received a nice package from Japan today:
Sadly the DVD is missing. I wonder what was in it. This book is very much like the Beyond the Apex one included with GT5 Limited Edition.

Goldrusher

Sadly the DVD is missing. I wonder what was in it. This book is very much like the Beyond the Apex one included with GT5 Limited Edition.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/anyone-get-gran-turismo-4-the-bible.53296/

The dvd inculded is broken up as such: Interview(the main program, pretty much interviews and making of), Opening(I assume this is the GT4 opening?), Ending(Same as the opening hypothesis), and course guide(Basicaly one time aroud the track going slow telling you all the important parts of the track and then a time attack lap. Tracks covered: Nurburgring Nordschleife, George V Paris, Tsukuba Circuit, TwinRing MOTEGI, and Laguna SECA raceway)

Preemo

Banned
Review scores have never mattered with this series to me. It just isn't a 'fun' game to play for most all-assists-on game journos.

They don't take into account the attention to detail or pretty epic scale of this series compared to others.

...and frankly, after registering close to 11 million sales for GT5, i would have to think that most people disregard these scores as well.

since the arrival of online for GT5, and the degree of its enjoyment provided, i dont think many have emphasized the proper allure/quality it has and community it has established.

it goes without saying, but GT was always going to develop a devout community in its first foray into worldwide multiplayer as a flagship title and i think its simple yet robust nature helped pave the way to how successful and relevant the franchise continues to be and how viable it is going forward onto the PS4.

Newegg's got the G27 for $220(20 cheaper than Amazon) and comes with Iron Egg guarantee which gets you extended return policy through the holidays and price matching 2 weeks after purchase.

amar212

I bought mine a year ago, in pretty good condition (not mint, but very good) with DVD that was never played in player before:

However, this is probably the best and most important documentary in the history of GT. I do not have it in original, but somewhere in time I managed to get a DVD copy of it:

Attack Gran Turismo DVD. This is the original case, it showcases the development of GT3 game and all things related to researching FFB wheel-support and physics back at the time, as well as process of gathering data from surfaces, cars and in-house Polyphony development:

SLBM2front.jpg

I was inspired to take photos of my GT games-related collection as well, so say if you are interested, I don't want to brag with it. It is not big, but I think it is really nice. One day when my future kids sell it on e-bay for 100$ I will probably go and live as a Bhudist monk for the rest of my life :)

Wait, so the embargo is on the same day of release??? Not this Friday but next???? Way to build up hype, im getting the game regardless but would be nice to get hyped before then :(

OmegaDL50

Wait, so the embargo is on the same day of release??? Not this Friday but next???? Way to build up hype, im getting the game regardless but would be nice to get hyped before then :(

I think the large day-one patch supposedly has something to do with this.

I guess PD doesn't want reviews for the game to go out until that big patch rolls out which changes may not accurately reflect what is written reviews based on the game without said patch.

That is only sound reason I can come up with that makes the most sense in this case.

amar212

I guess PD doesn't want reviews for the game to go out until that big patch rolls out which changes may not accurately reflect what is written reviews based on the game without said patch.

That is only sound reason I can come up with that makes the most sense in this case.

It is the main reason, I can confirm. Day one patch will be released onto PSN on Thursday, Dec 5th to coincide with PSN version of GT6 in all teritorries.

It is the main reason, I can confirm. Day one patch will be released onto PSN on Thursday, Dec 5th to coincide with PSN version of GT6 in all teritorries.

So this will give reviewers a full night to update their reviews? I'm guessing most won't even bother Oh well.

JamboGT

Is the OT up this weekend? Imagine having the embargo for next week also separates it from PS4 launch in its biggest territory.

Djie

Neo Member

The reviews are written and tapped right now, before the day one patches. The stories published will be without the day one patches, even on the 6th. Why wait?

QaaQer

Man, I hope that old demo was not representative of the final build.
GT6 looked so much jaggier than GT5, not worth the minor added framerate stability for such a downgrade in AA.

So hard to get hype for a jaggy-ass PS3 game with microtransactions. I might have gotten it if it had no micros and I knew wtf kind of wheel I could use with a PS4 + PS3.

OmegaDL50

So hard to get hype for a jaggy-ass PS3 game with microtransactions. I might have gotten it if it had no micros and I knew wtf kind of wheel I could use with a PS4 + PS3.

I find it rather disingenuous you make such a statement after I brought up reasons for GT6's graphical differences over GT5, it's two posts down from the post you quoted by the way.

Also in regards to GT6's "microtransactions"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91547689&postcount=2150

Evidence suggest it does not effect the in-game payouts for winning races, it's nothing more then an optional short cut who do not want to actually play the game and build up their money by actually winning races, you know like how it was done in GT5.

PD never had a aggressive DLC scheme anyways compared to Turn10's Forza series, case in point
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/dlc/

Nevermind the fact that several months of the GT Vision concepts are going to be given away for free.

amar212

"Micros" will not interfere with the usual gameplay nor will influence payouts or whatever. You can use Thrustmaster T500 on both consoles, it have been officially confirmed.

G27 $200 on Amazon again!

everyone buy this now!!!! Me and my bro went half and half and its the best purchase ever.
It transformed GT5 to a totally different game! A true simulator I failed to see for the 3 years I played it on and off. I never though I would enjoy it as much as I do and we are going to home-depot today and get some 2X4's and build a decent enclosure for this bad boy:)

Hanmik

my PS4 order is fucked up. Will probably be left out untill February 2014.. sad me.. but atleast my review copy of this game has just been shipped (but takes 4-5 days because of location)..

It's definitely out in the wild now. More people are starting to post about having copies

1477453_7350165431783shug0.jpg

We'll probably start seeing media (intro!) and impressions over the weekend.

OmegaDL50

I wish I had the money to get a G27.

It sounds like an awesome deal considering I've seen that wheel sell for upwards to $270 to $300

ruttyboy

Just got an email from Sony that says:

Thank you! Here's a free Nissan GT-R...

As a reward for playing the heart racing GT Academy 2013 demo, you’ve been given a free in-game Nissan GT-R GT3 for Gran Turismo®6. So when the stunning PlayStation®3 driving game launches on 6 December 2013 you can get on the starting grid in style.*

And if that's not enough, here's a free GT6 dynamic theme to get you excited for launch day! Not got your copy on reserve? Pre-order below to avoid disappointment.

Little do they know I've already pre-ordered so their bribe, although appreciated by me, was worthless! ;-)

OmegaDL50

Moon over the Castle, eh?

How much you want to bet they replaced it the NTSC and PAL English releases with a Daiki Kasho song.

EDIT: Another way to tell the video is fake is at certain points is very choppy and unsmooth transitions. If one thing PD does extremely well are their CG cinematics. Even if PD decided to paste a bunch together a bunch of clips from various trailers, it's a given based on their experience with making intros they would do a far more consistent job.

Top Bottom