• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Yogscast Bundle (sort of) (coming soon-ish)

Well, this is a bit of a mess

So, the last couple of years the Yogscast crew spend most of December doing constant streams trying to raise money for Oxfam. This year it's a bit different, since they're teamed up with Humble Bundle to handle the donations, expanded the charities on offer and also is going to throw some games in with your donation.

Video announcement starts here about 0:40.

Donate $25 or more, and get an exclusive TF2 item, an exclusive War of the Vikings hat, Napoleon Total War, Sonic & All Stars Transformed, Chivalry, Shank 2, Torchlight and access to Magicka Wizard Wars. (you won't get keys now, but you will once the page comes back up)

All proceeds will be given to Oxfam, War Child, Little People UK, GamerAid and SpecialEffect, with you getting to choose who gets how much.

Formal launch is tomorrow.

velociraptor

WA5M1Rg.png

Where are my keys? D:

Cbajd5

I AM ENJOYING MY NOTHING THANK YOU VERY MUCH

The waiting game is always fun after all.

(I only donated $1.01, so I don't feel like I'm even owed much of anything...)

LQX

Kind of shitty some are pre-buying to raise up the minimum needed to get the extra games.

Sergiepoo

I would say Simon and Lewis are the most annoying of all the Yogscast crew. The other ones are good people, specially Sips, Strippin and IntheLittleWood.
Really? Simon and Lewis make me laugh the most. Sips and Sjinn are cool, and Duncan and Hannah are just alright. Everyone else really don't do anything for me.

Of course, I've been watching the Yogscast since they were doing Minecraft tutorials. To me, Simon and Lewis are the Yogscast, and the rest are just guests. I agree Simon can get pretty annoying when he gets on a meme tangent ("pubby voice" ugh), but the dynamics between the main duo is brilliant for the most part.

Mozendo

This could of been Fitzthistlewits' bundle if he won the golden joystick award
rip ;-;

Interested in Chivalry only

Oh, so it's not available yet. I was wondering why the game images were missing. Still a damn good deal for one of the best kart racers in years.

cicero

If it is BTA $25 I am going to ask for a refund. The impression given was the usual one when one sees the typical setup of the Humble Bundle page and reference to activating Steam keys.That those who paid above the BTA would receive any games being offered, even with the bundle page not having looked as if it was completely working at that point. I am on a budget, I don't have $25 to spare, and I paid BTA for something via a page that shouldn't have been open to sales at that point if it didn't have specific details listed out that wouldn't change later on. I don't call what they did Bait-and-Switch because I don't believe any intent was there whatsoever, the end effect is still there for me though. I wasn't donating out of the goodness of my heart, I was paying for a bundle of products with the purchase price being donated on my behalf.

I hope they work this out.

Anteater

Hello Yogscast Pre-Purchasers,

Thanks for supporting the The Yogscast's Dwarven Dairy Drive!

Unfortunately, the version of the site that you purchased from was not intended for the public and did not properly represent the structure of the promotion. With that in mind, redemptions will work as follows:

- Users who donate over $1 will receive a TF2 "Heart of Gold" DLC
- Users who donate over $25 receive Torchlight, Chivalry, Shank 2, Magicka: Wizard Wars, Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed, Napoleon Total War and the Yogscast War of the Vikings

The content will appear on your download pages after the launch of the promotion. If you wish to increase your order, you can do so by using the order adder on the top of your download page:

Thank you for supporting Oxfam, Special Effect, Little People UK, GamesAid and War Child. Feel free to contact us if you have any problems and sorry for the confusion.

:lol whatever that is.

I think they'd probably raise a lot more money for charity if they went with the usual pwyw. I'm not interested in TF2 stuff and not interested in any of those games enough to pay $25 for them so I'm going to sit this one out.

Fonz72

Damn. Bought too early. Paid for an item in a game I don't play. At least it goes to charity. Still, pretty lame letting the link get out without a proper explanation. I expect more when Humble Bundle is involved. They started all this!

dani_dc

And it's up.
I can't see this being particularly successful with the $25 minimum to get games, especially when most of which were in bundles before or sold for cheap.

People will just see a bad deal instead of charity.

Loved the past charity streams and look forward to these ones. The first day has already been great - they said they would stick around instead of sleep if they reached 100k$ not thinking it would happen and it happened in about 15 minutes or less.

Donating through the Humble Bundle is more trustworthy and gets you games for doing so, too.

Top Bottom