• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

The rocket car (unlocked when you gold the first GoodWood stuff) feels like a troll car when you race with other cars in city/small tracks. You take the turns faster, you brake so much later but still have similar acceleration. Also, hilarious when you pass and your as high as their wheel arch.

Light_Car_Company_Rocket_07_01-640x360.jpg

So much fun.

The redbull at goodwood really wasn't bad at all. 27.425 after maybe 10 tries.

That's awesome. I never really used it much in GT5 (just wasn't a car I wanted to master and didn't enjoy it most of the time).....but I do want to get gold in this. Any tips you can offer? Special settings you put on the car?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
That's awesome. I never really used it much in GT5 (just wasn't a car I wanted to master and didn't enjoy it most of the time).....but I do want to get gold in this. Any tips you can offer? Special settings you put on the car?

Just took TCS off and that's it. I'm probably just used to it since I golded the challenges on GT5 (though it was a while ago). No tips really, just have to be ready for the turns with how fast it is.

I did that easily, but I can't drift on this game for the life of me, haha. I'm horrible at it.

The game's gamma is fucked up. Hope they fix it because you can't see shit at night and cockpit view is overly dark. Opposite of GT5 which had burnt whites and such.

Btw, game is selling like shit so far. It also managed 1/5th of the copies that GT5 sold at launch.

Week (7 day) sales for a Friday release (2 days left in a week) in one country isn't very indicative of the sales.

The rocket car (unlocked when you gold the first GoodWood stuff) feels like a troll car when you race with other cars in city/small tracks. You take the turns faster, you brake so much later but still have similar acceleration. Also, hilarious when you pass and your as high as their wheel arch.

Light_Car_Company_Rocket_07_01-640x360.jpg

So much fun.

I even used it one of the small car events that was meant for small low pp hatchbacks.

I had to give it a 50% power handicap and add balast to get its pp low enough to qualify. And I still dominated every race with that thing.

Also Xbow is crazy OP vs normal cars. I was even doing rally events with it and dominating.

Just took TCS off and that's it. I'm probably just used to it since I golded the challenges on GT5 (though it was a while ago). No tips really, just have to be ready for the turns with how fast it is.

I did that easily, but I can't drift on this game for the life of me, haha. I'm horrible at it.

image.php

The lighting at Tsukuba at 15:30 time of day is amazing. It is such dead on overcast. Spa in GT5 had it, and it is a million times more beautiful and believable than all the blown out sun bloom shit or pre baked god ray dusk crap other games seem obsessed with.

It always found the drifting in GT5 and 6 weird. It seems to be tailored for controllers and becomes a pain with wheels.

I had some luck entering the corner with power off, with enough speed to begin to make it slide a little, and as it starts to slide give it a bit of throttle, definitely not full, and see if you can get the wheels to break loose and just balance it through the corner. A good speed drift gives way more points than an insane angle lots of wheel spin drift. Keep good corner speed and try to keep it balanced. It is a much more gentle dance than you would think.

It always found the drifting in GT5 and 6 weird. It seems to be tailored for controllers and becomes a pain with wheels.

I had some luck entering the corner with power off, with enough speed to begin to make it slide a little, and as it starts to slide give it a bit of throttle, definitely not full, and see if you can get the wheels to break loose and just balance it through the corner. A good speed drift gives way more points than an insane angle lots of wheel spin drift. Keep good corner speed and try to keep it balanced. It is a much more gentle dance than you would think.

I feel like drifting in GT5 was impossible for me. I actually can drift in this one though. It's so much easier to tell when you're going to catch and when you can recover. It's a huge improvement IMO.

Still, I think you mentioned it, needs some transmission simulation. Being able to kick the clutch into a drift. Well.. and fixing the fucking clutch.

commedieu

Banned
I don't know if I'm high, but... Does GT6 have the ability to do Bspec races/manage via an android ap? Did GT5 have this feature?

Where did I get this idea...?

I feel like drifting in GT5 was impossible for me. I actually can drift in this one though. It's so much easier to tell when you're going to catch and when you can recover. It's a huge improvement IMO.

Still, I think you mentioned it, needs some transmission simulation. Being able to kick the clutch into a drift. Well.. and fixing the fucking clutch.

I thought GT5 was much easier to drift on a wheel, mostly because the steering was telling me exactly what the car was doing. I found it near impossible to accurately drift on a controller!

I don't know if I'm high, but... Does GT6 have the ability to do Bspec races/manage via an android ap? Did GT5 have this feature?

I think people made some scripts or something. I believe phone apps are coming later on, along with community features.

Not sure, I knew all you need was access and ability to view their webpage though. Not sure if I would trust an "app" to do that since they would need your PSN log info.

I've beaten every challenge with the exception of the National B - mission race, featuring the GTR. I'm assuming that's the race that awards you the Lancer.

That is correct. That mission gave me a bit of trouble too (the other car was out for me). The key to getting gold, is late breaking and making sure you have a smooth transition between breaking and accelerating. Don't worry about the other car, it will keep up with you if you are in front of it (drafting) so the only reliable metric, to gauge if you are doing the course better is the clock (if you hit checkpoint at 1.41 or lower you are good) and your ghost if you have completed a lap once already.

commedieu

Banned
I think people made some scripts or something. I believe phone apps are coming later on, along with community features.

Not sure, I knew all you need was access and ability to view their webpage though. Not sure if I would trust an "app" to do that since they would need your PSN log info.

That is correct. That mission gave me a bit of trouble too (the other car was out for me). The key to getting gold, is late breaking and making sure you have a smooth transition between breaking and accelerating. Don't worry about the other car, it will keep up with you if you are in front of it (drafting) so the only reliable metric, to gauge if you are doing the course better is the clock (if you hit checkpoint at 1.41 or lower you are good) and your ghost if you have completed a lap once already.

Re: Bspec:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/

Apparently 3D support is coming as well!

Ah, thank you guys. I have some how convinced myself that this feature was there for Gt5, I just didn't use it. And I was actually looking forward to Bspec`ing at work on my phone... The lies I tell myself.. lol.

How does the AI brake so well? I'm on ABS 1 and if I bury the brake, without lockin it up, I take far more distance to stop. Doesn't matter what I'm driving. Am I locking up without realising?

OmegaDL50

Lots of things are apparently coming. New BMW M4, more Vision GT Cars, Course Maker, GPS stuff.

It's just a matter of when. I don't mind a continuously improving experience.

I mean GT5 got 2 years worth of updates, but the thing is if PD plans to release GT7 some time in 2015, I'm just concerned that they may decide to not be as supportive of GT6 in favor of pushing GT7, even factoring what they said would happen in future updates.

Razgreez

I retried this race a few times unnecessarily because of how well the opposition car was keeping up with me - ended up completing it way ahead of the target gold time even with a poor lap. For all the AI complaints the opposing GTR in this challenge is actually quite good and tries to make a nuisance of itself whenever possible

Thanks. And yeah, I go TCS off as well.

Guess I'm just not accustomed to it. Will have to put in some hours using it on other courses and then come back. I'm not far off....only 1 second needed to get Gold.

How does the AI brake so well? I'm on ABS 1 and if I bury the brake, without lockin it up, I take far more distance to stop. Doesn't matter what I'm driving. Am I locking up without realising?

Almost positive the AI has inputs through the car that are far beyond its specs in both traction, braking and acceleration. This allows it to constantly maintain its on rails and pre determined speed. Watch how heavily the AI cars pitch forward some times under braking. What ever is rendering on your car as a max of say 10 braking, it seems the AI just goes to 15 to slow quicker and that number gets put into the same physics engine and results in silly ass looking behavior. A tell tale sign of this ridiculous system is how much the AI's brake lights pulse under braking. It is using a series of intense braking spurts, which would be insanely inefficient and disruptive to the weight transfer compared to a continuous threshold brake, yet the AI slows down without problem with its pulse braking.

Edit: My new favorite addition to the GT AI routine is the swerving back and forth about 10 times on straights when cars are ahead of you. Is this supposed to be defensive driving? Draft dodging? Oh, and don't worry, that aggressive swerving back and forth never scrubs off straight line speed. Dem rails are frictionless.

Rflagg

GT-R Black edition is so damn fun to drive thing is like glued to the track, also screw Kart racing one tiny mistake and the kart is doing 360s. :(

Almost positive the AI has inputs through the car that are far beyond its specs in both traction, braking and acceleration. This allows it to constantly maintain its on rails and pre determined speed. Watch how heavily the AI cars pitch forward some times under braking. What ever is rendering on your car as a max of say 10 braking, it seems the AI just goes to 15 to slow quicker and that number gets put into the same physics engine and results in silly ass looking behavior. A tell tale sign of this ridiculous system is how much the AI's brake lights pulse under braking. It is using a series of intense braking spurts, which would be insanely inefficient and disruptive to the weight transfer compared to a continuous threshold brake, yet the AI slows down without problem with its pulse braking.

Edit: My new favorite addition to the GT AI routine is the swerving back and forth about 10 times on straights when cars are ahead of you. Is this supposed to be defensive driving? Draft dodging? Oh, and don't worry, that aggressive swerving back and forth never scrubs off straight line speed. Dem rails are frictionless.

That's totally broken my heart, absolutely no hope for competitive AI racing then!

EDIT: no R34 GT-R Z-Tune? Ffs Kaz.

So that's why the Alfa Romeo lifted its ass in the air after breaking in Monaco's Massanet. I thought it would do a front flip, that's how high the tail went in the air. Italia Festival btw. All the cars in that event had crazy breaking.

Ding-Ding

Lots of things are apparently coming. New BMW M4, more Vision GT Cars, Course Maker, GPS stuff.

It's just a matter of when. I don't mind a continuously improving experience.

I mean GT5 got 2 years worth of updates, but the thing is if PD plans to release GT7 some time in 2015, I'm just concerned that they may decide to not be as supportive of GT6 in favor of pushing GT7, even factoring what they said would happen in future updates.

I think we will be O.K.

GT5 received an update not long before GT6 was released, so GT6 to GT7 should be the same (even if it was just minor update). The majority of the updates/DLC seem to be better planned this time. I am expecting alot of new features being a means to keep the game alive to rape my wallet for DLC.

That's totally broken my heart, absolutely no hope for competitive AI racing then!

EDIT: no R34 GT-R Z-Tune? Ffs Kaz.

Well I guess it depends on your definition of competitive. I hear they get more challenging, eg, they cheat/rubber band more, at the higher event levels. But they still are just an AI routine to present cars on a track in a manner that appears to be racing or racing like. They are by no means ever behaving in a way that any one on a race track would ever drive a real car. They are moving obstacles, which admittedly can be challenging and sliding past a car still feels like a real pass, but online is where you are going to have to find the real challenges. Thank god for the blind spot indicator (I hope you can force this on in multiplayer for all races) I have been PIT maneuvered by the AI so many times and now when I see that red arrow I move the fuck over.

Just unlocked the ending movie and these are in the credits where all the manufacturers are listed:

Red Bull Racing
Red Bull Motorsport
Project X (Adrian Newey)
Yamaha

Vettel and Loeb are listed as voice actors so two more special events to unlock?

Vettel and the RB9

Loeb and the Pug 208 T16 @ Pikes Peak

banderas.gif

I can out-brake the AI every time. "Pump" the brakes. You'll always slow down faster...

Also.. remember you can buy better brakes in this game.

creyas

Anyone played GT with a Sony HMZ? Trying to pick up the first model for cheap. Could be nice, a more compact wheel setup, novelty, dat OLED.
Dat discomfort, how well do short breaks ease it?

Do the cars in the menus look like shit to everyone on 720p? They are horrible on my current crud 2006 wheel TV. Really don't enjoy looking at them at all with the pronounced aliasing.

Just unlocked the ending movie and these are in the credits where all the manufacturers are listed:

Red Bull Racing
Red Bull Motorsport
Project X (Adrian Newey)
Yamaha

Vettel and Loeb are listed as voice actors so two more special events to unlock?

Vettel and the RB9

Loeb and the Pug 208 T16 @ Pikes Peak

banderas.gif

Vettel is in there for the Red Bull X Challenge which is coming in an update.

Loeb could be there for a rally special event which might get added when the course maker update comes out?

TheRook

I've been taking my time playing through A-Spec, I just got to International B today, and starting the Polyphony Digital Cup, the GT40 is too good here.

Kiraly

I got the trophy for the ending movie two days ago it seems, but I can't remember ever seeing an ending movie :lol Anyway to rewatch it?

commedieu

Banned
I got the trophy for the ending movie two days ago it seems, but I can't remember ever seeing an ending movie :lol Anyway to rewatch it?

go to the gallery. Its in videos, at least it should be. Thats where the intro is..

main screen, on the left.

edit;

Also, GT6 looks amazing through the S3 filter;

jb2eSgArey8ZL7.jpg

..as in android s3, taking off screen.

friday

I would actually like to ask you the same of Assetto Corsa. If you've played previous GT games, how does it compare to those?

To answer your question from a few pages ago, very realistic. AC is a very bare bones experience right now, but I love driving the Lotus 2-11. The car reacts so dynamically to your inputs. The 2-11 is a very light, fast, great handling car, but the short wheel base and mid-engine also makes it twitchy. Lifting off the throttle mid corner makes the car rotate, but it is all very predictable. Customization is deep with car setup and even seating position. Something like the GT series is great for fun and variety, but a true driving experience is only something you can get from a sim like AC.

I would not rush to get AC right now unless you just really love sim racing, but come final release it is going to be the game to get. Now I just need to upgrade my wheel setup from my current DFGT to something like a Fanatec.

Red Bull Racing
Red Bull Motorsport
Project X (Adrian Newey)
Yamaha

From what I saw (ending movie is on Youtube now) Yamaha is listed in the same list as Coca Cola and BP, so may not mean much.

Also along with all the galaxy photographs they also acknowledge photographs of Jupiter and Saturn :lol

nib95

Banned
go to the gallery. Its in videos, at least it should be. Thats where the intro is..

main screen, on the left.

edit;

Also, GT6 looks amazing through the S3 filter;

jb2eSgArey8ZL7.jpg

..as in android s3, taking off screen.

OMG. How much is this car in the game to buy? Or did you win it? One of my all time faves.

Korezo

This game has a bug with hatchback or small cars with front brakes, when ever the AI brakes hard with those kinds of cars the back of the car lifts off the ground like a bike breaking with front brakes.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I finally received my trigger clip on things. My god, the difference is astounding. I wish I bought these things years ago. It actually makes the DS3 a viable controller.

One question-

Is there a way to remove the long list of drivers on the right side of the HUD? I want to keep my track layout HUD up, but remove that list. It's totally blocking the rear view mirror for me.

Mobius 1

I finally received my trigger clip on things. My god, the difference is astounding. I wish I bought these things years ago. It actually makes the DS3 a viable controller.

One question-

Is there a way to remove the long list of drivers on the right side of the HUD? I want to keep my track layout HUD up, but remove that list. It's totally blocking the rear view mirror for me.

Yes, under Options.

This game has a bug with hatchback or small cars with front brakes, when ever the AI brakes hard with those kinds of cars the back of the car lifts off the ground like a bike breaking with front brakes.

It can happen with every AI car. They seem to have super brakes in order to stop them from going off the rails too much. It's really shitty.

Top Bottom