• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Art showing a new, unannounced Double Helix IP?

Silky

Banned
UPDATE: Looks like this may be an Action Shooter

Unannounced Action Shooter (Next Gen, PC)
• Responsible for guiding visual direction with Creative Director and Art Director for the games investigation system. Providing visual documention/concepts for our Tnt group to develop new shaders, extensive R&D, to prototyping functional in test boxes, to completion of the system in game.
• Development of high quality textures/particles for various effects such as smoke, energy, plasma, disintegration, electricity and explosions using third party software such as Maya fluids and photoshop and proprietary tools.
• Worked with our TnT group alongside Gameplay Programmers to create new systems/features with Fullscreen Effects and Shader systems."""

Seen here: http://cghub.com/images/view/746148/

qDi60jP.jpg

6xTJv7G.jpg

3aUk3YB.jpg

u9d1UpZ.jpg

Looks interesting enough.

Credit for this goes to Vico from the KI thread.

Chobel

I thought Double Helix is small studio, I'm not sure how they can develop 3 games at the same time.

Busty

Banned
Yup. It looks like a video game.

Which is why stuff like Last Of Us makes such a huge impact with the 'casuals'. It's like a breath of fresh air compared to stuff like this.

Robot? Check. With a sword? Check. Set in the future? Check.

*roll eyes*

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
art mean nothing, Double Helix is the king of half assed games. they'll need to show many good looking gameplay footage to make me interesting in anything they make.

Vico

I shared this in the Killer Instinct thread this morning, unsure if it was worth a new thread, but I guess nobody reads the Killer Instinct OT.

Anyway, it's scifi, so I'm interested, for now.

Silky

Banned
I thought Double Helix is small studio, I'm not sure how they can develop 3 games at the same time.

Well actually, they're just programming the (Strider) game. Game Design is handled entirely by Capcom Osaka.

I shared this in the Killer Instinct thread, unsure if it was worth a new thread, but I guess nobody reads the Killer Instinct OT.

Ah, right!

--

Honestly this Concept Art looks more like an action game than a shooter, because, you know.

The robot has a /sword./

KI is actually good enough as a game, as a project they've really mismanaged reveals and certain promises remain unfulfilled.

Strider still looks terrible to me, though.

This kinda reminds me of that gritty Mega Man X concept that I think Retro had started working on.

daman824

Which is why stuff like Last Of Us makes such a huge impact with the 'casuals'. It's like a breath of fresh air compared to stuff like this.

*roll eyes*
Tlou was just a linear post apocalyptic zombie third person shooter. The story is what made it unique, not the setting.

After KI, I'm excited for Double Helix to show off what they can do with time+money.

*roll eyes*

Yea a video game set in a post-apocalyptic word filled with zombie like enemies and guns was a breath of fresh air.

*rolls eyes*

I loved the last of us, but come on.

Looks like MS's answer to Killzone...LOL

uh halo?

Sdoots

Looks just generic enough to be lame, but not generic enough to make me write it off.

What I'm saying is, that armor design makes the kid in me all kinds of excited and I want it.

After how positive KI turned out, I think DH deserve some more credit than what they have been given in the past.

Looks generic enough.

*Smashes head against the table*

Take one minute to appreciate the incredible futuristic visual design and painting quality these concept artists are capable of doing and applying. We live in an era where near every game is incredibly beautiful. When is the last time you saw crappy looking anything in the concept phase?

You may not like sci fi and you might think everything looks the same but for fans of this type of art and game it is very comforting to see such a creative investment in the genre.

quickwhips

People see double helix and think its MS game. If it comes out that its multiplat or Sony they will praise it. I think it looks cool but need more info. This war will leave many men and women dead.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

*roll eyes*

This post is offensively dumb.

Give me this Double Helix, I love the art.

Also why should it be a shooter ?!, yeah I get where the shooter comments are coming from, but can't it be more of Melee // Beat em Up game or something ?!

On a 2nd thought, it feels like it is about Police Force or something, could be interesting if it is not cancelled.

Strider (XboxOne, X360, PS4, PS3, PC)
• Guiding the visual aesthetics of VFX from the beginning of the project to help create the look and style.
• Responsible for the creation of all VFX in game. (characters, environments, cinematics, destruction events, etc…)
• Working alongside our TnT group & Gameplay Programmers to push functional and flexiablity for artist using our Shader systems.

Unannounced Action Shooter (Next Gen, PC)
• Responsible for guiding visual direction with Creative Director and Art Director for the games investigation system. Providing visual documention/concepts for our Tnt group to develop new shaders, extensive R&D, to prototyping functional in test boxes, to completion of the system in game.
• Development of high quality textures/particles for various effects such as smoke, energy, plasma, disintegration, electricity and explosions using third party software such as Maya fluids and photoshop and proprietary tools.
• Worked with our TnT group alongside Gameplay Programmers to create new systems/features with Fullscreen Effects and Shader systems.

Linkedin

Couldn't find anyone else that mentioned it but at least it doesn't seem like its cancelled.

Busty

Banned
This post is offensively dumb.

*chortle*

Is that it? Are you able to offer more on this point of view than simply declaring my post 'dumb'?

I know that you can't. Seeing as you're evidently extremely sensitive this reply alone will probably send you running into the next room in tears.

Top Bottom