• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Update Now Available: Adds Miiverse, L+R to activate camera, etc

JoeM86

New communities added for Japan. Probably will be added for the west later

Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising
Nintendogs + Cats
PilotWings Resort
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Mario Tennis
Pocket Soccer
Culdecept

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo. What has been theorised is that it's because you can use the camera in this game, hence penises.

Aaaaahhhhh of course, I wonder if they'll ever patch away around that. On the Wii U its possible to disable screenshots for only part of a game so hopefully they could patch that in for Pokemon as well. Otherwise that would mean any game with AR wouldn't get Miiverse screenshots which would really suck.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh is there really no way to remove notifications? Like say you got a message that someone is following you. Just want to clear that because it's annoying.

D-e-f-

Banned
Aaaaahhhhh of course, I wonder if they'll ever patch away around that. On the Wii U its possible to disable screenshots for only part of a game so hopefully they could patch that in for Pokemon as well. Otherwise that would mean any game with AR wouldn't get Miiverse screenshots which would really suck.

One might wonder why they didn't include that in X&Y from the get go because they obviously knew this was coming...

Inotti

Does anyone else have problem linkin club nintendo account (EU) to eshop? I have Wii U and same NNID linked to my 3DS. First I tried using 3DS eshop linking my club nintendo account and it gave me an error that either email or password was incorrect so I tried using Wii U's ehsop and it gave me same error. :( I checked several times that the email and password are 100% correct since I'm able to login using that information to nintendo.co.uk. Ugh.

I already emailed nintendo support. How fast do they usually reply? English is not my first language so I want to avoid calling them if possible. ._.

Robin64

zlCfzRQLw-c3Ryvx5q

Need more communities to brag about things in.

Does anyone else have problem linkin club nintendo account (EU) to eshop?

I already emailed nintendo support. How fast do they usually reply? English is not my first language so I want to avoid calling them if possible. ._.
They usually take weeks for me (if they even bother) but I think I am on some soft of blacklist.

There is something odd you have to do with the login to make it work. It is something like the e-mail is case insensitive (or if that is failing try case sensitive). e.g. if Example@example.com is not working try example@example.com.

JoeM86

Europe has had a load added

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
FIFA 14
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pilotwings Resort
Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Mario Tennis Open
Star Fox 64 3D
Kid Icarus: Uprising

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Europe has had a load added

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
FIFA 14
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pilotwings Resort
Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Mario Tennis Open
Star Fox 64 3D

YES!!!
...FIFA 14?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The others are good / great, though :D

Inotti

They usually take weeks for me (if they even bother) but I think I am on some soft of blacklist.

There is something odd you have to do with the login to make it work. It is something like the e-mail is case insensitive (or if that is failing try case sensitive). e.g. if Example@example.com is not working try example@example.com.

It just started working magically. :) Apparently it was some kind of server problem or something like that since my email/password were indeed correct.

SOFTWARE IS NOT MERGED. You get to keep only one 3DS's info, the target system gets wiped before it receives the source system's data.
If you get a limited edition with a digital copy of a game, you can all Nintendo and they'll give you the download ticket though. And perhaps even let you transfer the old 3DS's data to a new system if you convince them it was a mistake, but I'm not sure, I wouldn't bet on it.
I just did a transfer from my old blue XL to the new Luigi Dream Team XL last night (Was forced to update it to the latest version to do the transfer) and I got to redownload dream team on the new 3DS after the transfer wipe. No calling Nintendo or anything needed.

M3d10n

I just did a transfer from my old blue XL to the new Luigi Dream Team XL last night (Was forced to update it to the latest version to do the transfer) and I got to redownload dream team on the new 3DS after the transfer wipe. No calling Nintendo or anything needed.

Good to know. Now we need someone brave enough to try this after purchasing something on a target 3DS that hasn't been linked with a NNID to see what happens.

Inotti

Good to know. Now we need someone brave enough to try this after purchasing something on a target 3DS that hasn't been linked with a NNID to see what happens.

I just did transfer yesterday with two of my 3DS's. Source system had tons of games and NNID linked with my Wii U and the target system had pilotwings resort and mutant mudds but did not register/link any NNID before transfer. After transfer I obviously had all the source system games intact and was able to download Pilotwings Resort and Mutant Mudds again too.

Before the system transfer your 3DS will tell you which games are not merged and you can still back out if you are not happy. Only bought dlc content (NSMB2) from target system was not merged in the transfer.

eggwolio

I just did transfer yesterday with two of my 3DS's. Source system had tons of games and NNID linked with my Wii U and the target system had pilotwings resort and mutant mudds but did not register/link any NNID before transfer. After transfer I obviously had all the source system games intact and was able to download Pilotwings Resort and Mutant Mudds again too.

Finally, someone breaks it down. I could kiss you. I won't, because I'm sick, but I could. Six days until I get my XL.

JoeM86

North America's new communities

Fire Emblem Awakening
The Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Mario Tennis Open
Star Fox 64 3D
Tetris Axis
Pilotwings Resort

Inotti

Finally, someone breaks it down. I could kiss you. I won't, because I'm sick, but I could. Six days until I get my XL.

Just to be safe, don't register any NNID with your target system as I'm not sure if the games would be merged in that case. At least I can confirm that it's ok if the source system has NNID and target system has not. ^^

zroid

Banned
In case anyone was wondering, if you link directly to the URL of the images posted on Miiverse, they will actually be seen in 3D on the 3DS. So you don't have to go to Miiverse to view the 3D pics, the browser works too.

edit: plug this into your 3DS browser: http://ow.ly/rOESW

Chitown B

No, achievements are Nintendo's workaround for no achievements. (Wut?)

why did you repeat what I said with a "No" in front. That sentence makes no sense.

I hate how there is no achievement system that can be viewed by your friends about things you've done. Now it seems that screenshots will take this duty, showing people say your finished screen of a game to show you beat it, etc. I do have a 3DS.

why did you repeat what I said with a "No" in front. That sentence makes no sense.

I hate how there is no achievement system that can be viewed by your friends about things you've done. Now it seems that screenshots will take this duty, showing people say your finished screen of a game to show you beat it, etc. I do have a 3DS.

You might think your friends care that you jumped on 10 Goomba's heads in a row, but I bet they don't really.

Top Bottom