• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox tweets Xbox support

Milennia

It could be a FAQ that they are trying to make public?

Or the dude who runs the twitter actually didn't know.
(Its the first one)

AngryMars

Neo Member
They just deleted it

VMPQKBm.jpg

That is amazing for all the wrong reasons.

The Xbox account is probably run by Microsoft's principal advertising firm. So yeah, it's just a case of "We forgot to log out of the main account / into a fake one."

I don't blame Microsoft for manipulating social media through fake Twitter profiles. It happens all the time in every industry.

oSoLucky

I wonder now if all those tweets yosp replies to are/were real.

Maybe not, if he thinks answering "no" or "yes" will generate some sort of PR buzz. I would imagine that him/Major Nelson, i.e. the PR/Marketing figureheads would get enough real tweets to answer most questions, more than a faceless support account.

I need a job like this. I have the attention span required to type out 140 characters. I'd also have better browser session control to avoid mishaps like this one. Seriously, if anyone knows of any company looking for someone to do this for them but better and cheaper feel free to PM the bajeezus out of me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I need a job like this. I have the attention span required to type out 140 characters. I'd also have better browser session control to avoid mishaps like this one.

The interesting thing is that this particular tweet was tweeted from browser (Web Twitter). Actual social media accounts use some kind of client

Barzul

Omg, the speed at which gaf discovered everything about her makes me realise just how exposed I am by being online.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I need a job like this. I have the attention span required to type out 140 characters. I'd also have better browser session control to avoid mishaps like this one. Seriously, if anyone knows of any company looking for someone to do this for them but better and cheaper feel free to PM the bajeezus out of me.
How does $38K/year sound to you for doing this job?

Saganator

I can't believe people have legitimate jobs for social media. What kind of previous experience do you need to get one of these jobs? Are these people like bottom of the barrel marketing majors?

PopInnovation

Neo Member
I can't believe people have legitimate jobs for social media. What kind of previous experience do you need to get one of these jobs? Are these people like bottom of the barrel marketing majors?

While the title is a bit of a joke amoungst marketers, the position involves a lot more than just "updating twitter and facebook".

--

Honest mistake, it's not really that bad. I doubt she is even going to be in any/much trouble.

saunderez

Its completely ridiculous to me they even have to resort to doing this. As if there aren't enough legitimate questions sent to the XboxSupport twitter account. What a sham.

Why would anyone put their home coordinates on there....Unless it's not her home? But why omg this is so weird.

What happened to that car!?

onanie

While the title is a bit of a joke amoungst marketers, the position involves a lot more than just "updating twitter and facebook".

--

Honest mistake, it's not really that bad. I doubt she is even going to be in any/much trouble.

When it became apparent XboxSupport needs fake questions about the Xbone, it does become a bit of an issue.

oSoLucky

more than I make already

im unemployed

Average middle class income is around 50-60K/yr if I recall

It depends on where you live, as different areas with different avg. costs of living have different mean/median incomes. Either way, 50-60k is much higher than the median(better metric than mean, which is skewed too much by the extremely high income) in most areas.

saunderez

When it became apparent XboxSupport needs fake questions about the Xbone, it does become a bit of an issue.

Why do they need fake questions? Are the real questions making them look bad? I don't understand why any company would need to do this when there are a plethora of people ready to complain about their product and ask for help

Top Bottom