• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is this mystery object on Google Moon? [an artifact... of Google's algorithms]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicfan

Venerable Member
Bizarre wedge-shaped mysterious triangular object appears on the lunar surface

space11.jpg

A mysterious triangular wedge-shaped object looking similar to an alien ‘spaceship’ has been spotted on the Moon by Google maps. Is this another indication of Aliens on Moon? Is it part of an alien spaceship located under the dust of the moon, or a mysterious moonbase occupied by humans?

The cluster of questions started arising as it shows something unsolved on the surface of the moon.

The contentious images shows rows of seven light dots along its edge that have been equated to an alien base or spaceship.

It can be found on the Google Moon viewer at coordinates 22042’38.46N and 142034’44.52E.

Google Moon uses the Google Maps interface to show satellite images from the moon. It was launched by Google on July 20, 2009, the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 lunar landing.

The two-sided object on the lunar surface was revealed by a paranormal researcher, identified as WowForReel, who posted a video of the finding online.

“It’s unique and unusual in the area,” said WowForReel.

The website Techandgadgetnews states: The gigantic shape actually looks like the leading edge of an immense, triangular space ship, similar to, so far, super secret stealth aircraft technology, but is much larger than any airplane ever built on Earth.

However, it is much larger than any airplane ever built on Earth, it said.

The YouTube video description added: ‘After going there on Google Moon and staring at this thing for quite a long time I can say yes, it is really there, not faked and I have no clue what it is.

Google Moon is available on the Web at moon.google.com.

Pheonix 1997,,,

kiteiphoenixlights.jpg

Obligatory...

alien-guy-from-history-channel.jpg

lednerg

Those coordinates should be 22°42'38.46"N 142°34'44.52"E - whoever wrote the article turned degrees symbols into 0s, which is pretty funny.

There's a bunch of similar artifacts in that area of the map. It's probably not a secret moon base.

Fushin

The moon is littered with Saturn V remnants and other space debris. Would have to rule out any of those before speculating on anything extraterrestrial.

Kajigger

Humans have been operating on the moon for decades. That installation is most likely one of the abandoned ones from after the cold war. Last I heard, most if not all the military and scientific American installations have been moved sub-surface due to people butting their heads where they shouldn't. Truth is that America's first Starships flew from the moon to the earth and back. Most if not all the U.F.O sightings can be accounted for if you look deep in jellyfish fields for that one jar of jelly. Jelly so precious that it can drive a man mad. Mad enough to do things. Things that should never be done. Horrible things.... It is pure evil. It makes us change; corrupts us to the point where we can't even recognize ourselves in the mirror. For the love of all that is good, stay away from Jellyfish fields!

I also wonder what it is

akira28

Humans have been operating on the moon for decades. That installation is most likely one of the abandoned ones from after the cold war. Last I heard, most if not all the military and scientific American installations have been moved sub-surface due to people butting their heads where they shouldn't. Truth is that America's first Starships flew from the moon to the earth and back. Most if not all the U.F.O sightings can be accounted for if you look deep in jellyfish fields for that one jar of jelly. Jelly so precious that it can drive a man mad. Mad enough to do things. Things that should never be done. Horrible things.... It is pure evil. It makes us change; corrupts us to the point where we can't even recognize ourselves in the mirror. For the love of all that is good. Stay away from Jellyfish fields!

I also wonder what it is

sNACQbB.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I love this:
‘After going there on Google Moon and staring at this thing for quite a long time I can say yes, it is really there, not faked and I have no clue what it is.

Really? By looking at the same ONE IMAGE on Google Moon for a long time you know for a fact that it's really there?

Theory #2. It's most likely a long dead high class Pacman:
WwGviL7.png

Theory #3. It's just a strange shape that occured naturally over several millennia.

Opiate

Um... looks like a non descript mound, like all the rest on the moon?

The follow up question one might ask is: given an orb that has 4x the surface area of the United States, how likely is it to find nothing vaguely weird when you comb over the entire surface with blurry photographs?

What are the odds of a surface that large producing no vaguely-triangle shaped shadows, or vaguely-square shaped objects, or vaguely human looking rubble? What are the odds of finding nothing at all that even partially resembles a pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom