• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 -- finding the way to european shores (29/2!)

Mr YuYu said:
There might be a chance Belguim/Holland get the collectors edition too. I saw at least 1 dutch site having the collectors edition on sale for only 34.99 euro.

Why the fuck isn't the UK only getting the vanilla edition, at a higher price too?

/cancels preorder

/sends hate mail to KOEI

/curses Gordon Brown

Lince

Banned
well lunch time, two quick pics (I have no idea of how to take pics at a LCD screen, just point ant shoot)

PS3 720p "normal" mode & smoothing on

p3pal.jpg

PS3 720p "full screen" mode & smoothing on

p3pal2.jpg

notice the small borders at the top/bottom of the screen, yes it's the old 50hz crap we're all used to, sadly the PAL version doesn't feature a 60hz mode and it feels a little bit "floaty" and videos are somewhat choppy (think FFX PAL). No localisation, no extras, well at least the manual is in full color... seems like I took one for the team guys.

Lince

Banned
Almyn said:
I know, Seriously.I thought the 50hz days were long gone.I guess in an rpg it doesn't matter so much, But still.

well it's not like Devil May Cry PAL but it's annoying as hell, even Square's Odin Sphere will have a 60hz option ffs

Jigsaw

Banned
hm the 50hz thing isn't a prob,you can force 60hz mode & y-fix via action replay codes (but i duno if they work on ps3)

are there any online shops where you can preorder the collectors edition? (i don't trust that nl store already mentioned,looks like they just copy pasted the description from some us store,it's also only the normal edition cover

Danj

Jigsaw said:
are there any online shops where you can preorder the collectors edition? (i don't trust that nl store already mentioned,looks like they just copy pasted the description from some us store,it's also only the normal edition cover

It kinda seems like different PAL regions are getting different editions. I'm certain that the UK isn't getting a special edition, so if you want that, you'll have to order from another PAL region that is getting it.

Danj

monkeylite said:
No 60Hz is disappointing. Six months to "localised" into English and they can't even get 60Hz. What the hell Koei?

Yeah I'm wondering what took the time as well, since people are reporting that mainland Europe versions (e.g. Spain) are still in English.

zoukka

100000000532937.jpg

BlahDVD what?!

Blah Price: €24.49

I guess it's not the one with the art-book etc, but boy does that price feel nice. Pre-ordered right away.

SnowDog

Neo Member
I just pre ordered this, I will be sick if the PAL FES Edition gets announced in a few months.

I am grabbing a copy of Persona 3 quick as I don't think it will be around for long. I can't see them printing many PAL discs and the game sounds too good to miss.
Its a shame that it's not the full FES edition though...

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I'm getting worried now, stores here (at least some) are saying they're only gonna get a few copies and some say (like EB Games) that they won't take it in at all :/

Just received my copy from GAME. It came with the proper hardcover CE Art of Persona 3 book as well. :D

Shame that the only way to get it in the UK is a GAME pre-order, but at least I have something.

soul

ItsInMyVeins said:
I'm getting worried now, stores here (at least some) are saying they're only gonna get a few copies and some say (like EB Games) that they won't take it in at all :/

You should have pre-ordered the game. It's impossible to find a NTSC copy of the game, it will be the same for PAL gamers soon enough.

zoukka

monkeylite said:
Just received my copy from GAME. It came with the proper hardcover CE Art of Persona 3 book as well. :D

Shame that the only way to get it in the UK is a GAME pre-order, but at least I have something.

Was it the same version I posted couple replys away?

zoukka said:
Was it the same version I posted couple replys away?

Well the box art is the same, though it doesn't say anywhere that it is supposed to come with the book. My guess is these are surplus stock that Atlus printed for CE and decided to give them away.

Shame on GAME claiming that it is an exclusive to them tho...

itsinmyveins

soul said:
You should have pre-ordered the game. It's impossible to find a NTSC copy of the game, it will be the same for PAL gamers soon enough.

It seems I did order it from a store and it's been sent now, so I'll get it tomorrow.

By the way, I was under the impression that getting the regular version of the NTSC-game was easy and that you could find it cheap, even?

zoukka

Wow if the art-book comes along it's probably the bargain of the year.

This has to be the SMT game I can finish :lol

batbeg

soul said:

I find it very easy to find Atlus games in the UK... as they're not distributed by Atlas ;) Most of the PS2 SMT games can be had for about £10, pre-owned, for example.

ItsInMyVeins said:
By the way, I was under the impression that getting the regular version of the NTSC-game was easy and that you could find it cheap, even?

:lol Nope.

soul said:
Meh, if it sells out we're sure to get FES anyways, I hope.

itsinmyveins

So, the copy with the artbook, does it look like a regular version of the game? Ordinary plastic box and etc?

batbeg said:
I find it very easy to find Atlus games in the UK... as they're not distributed by Atlas ;) Most of the PS2 SMT games can be had for about £10, pre-owned, for example.
This is true. For some reason most stores still carry Ghoslight published SMT games... I even found the first DD for £10 some months ago.

But for some reason Koei published Devil Summoner 3 are difficult to find in stores. And it is newer too.

ItsInMyVeins said:
So, the copy with the artbook, does it look like a regular version of the game? Ordinary plastic box and etc?
Yes.

BTW gameplay.co.uk and GAME probably shares the same distribution warehouse. Both their postcodes match saved for the return PO Box.

Vito

Banned
GAME and gameplay.co.uk pretty much have the same email responses as well. Same goes for prices and stock.
Tried contacting gameplay but they couldn't tell me if I preordered today if I'd be getting the artbook or not :(

itsinmyveins

replayy said:
Yeah its just the normal case with the artbook seperate, shame we couldn't get the LE packaging like the US.

Why do they write this for on the description then; "A striking collector’s box to store your game and all the extra goodies!"? :((

ItsInMyVeins said:
Why do they write this for on the description then; "A striking collector’s box to store your game and all the extra goodies!"? :((
I think some countries in mainland EU are getting the CE.

We in UK are not. We get the vanilla box, and the art book for those lucky enough.

itsinmyveins

monkeylite said:
I think some countries in mainland EU are getting the CE.

We in UK are not. We get the vanilla box, and the art book for those lucky enough.

Oh, then lets hope I get a CE :)

1. Koei claims it works on 60GB PS3. But reports of the US version is that it runs fine until some later in the game where it can encounter freezing.

2. 70+ hours, again according to Koei. Standard jRPG length I would assume.

TheOddOne

monkeylite said:
1. Koei claims it works on 60GB PS3. But reports of the US version is that it runs fine until some later in the game where it can encounter freezing.

2. 70+ hours, again according to Koei. Standard jRPG length I would assume.

mm.. is the freezing as bad as MGS3? Cause i got freaking angry every 5 to 10 min freeze.

Vito

Banned
If anyone finds anything more about the CE edition, please post here, although I get the feeling they just copy pasted the US promo text.

I tried contacting gameplay but they didn't know anything about the preorder bonus and since they don't ship DMC4 LE to Slovenia I had to order from GAME (I hate their order management and their system hates my creditcard) and GAME is slow to respond to emails. Any UK GAFer want to volunteer and call GAME on my behalf so that I can cancel the order if necessary?

Xater

Just bought the game, looked pretty good upscaled.

It was a real hassle to find it though. Almost no one has the game, not even in their computer so I had to go to a Gamestop and they are so fucking anal about release dates but I got it anyway.

near

Gold Member
Danj said:
Huh, a friend of mine just found this on the ASDA website - P3 PAL version for £17.93.

Nice find. Definitely would have purchased it from there if I hadn't already imported.

Narcosis

Wow, what did Europe do to the gaming industry to get the treatment it gets?

It's great that people there will get to play Persona 3, but to only get the regular edition when an English localized version of FES is set to hit the US in just 2 months is crazy.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
My copy was posted this morning. Hopefully it will be in tomorrow. Can't wait to play this after all the great things I have heard about it.

Flek

Banned
Xater said:
Just bought the game, looked pretty good upscaled.

It was a real hassle to find it though. Almost no one has the game, not even in their computer so I had to go to a Gamestop and they are so fucking anal about release dates but I got it anyway.

with a free artbook too?

inner-G

Banned
Narcosis said:
Wow, what did Europe do to the gaming industry to get the treatment it gets?

It's great that people there will get to play Persona 3, but to only get the regular edition when an English localized version of FES is set to hit the US in just 2 months is crazy.
US got the original right before FES hit Japan, I believe.

Vito

Banned
GAME again declined my credit card... I hate their ordering system... never had any problems elsewhere except GAME/gameplay. I really want to get that artbook :(

Top Bottom