• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Omni

I am, and I have no idea how the fuck it happened.

Still more hyped for AC3, though.

Me too! And the fact that it's closing the story arc makes me anticipate it that much more!

Off topic... Anyone play MoH Beta yet? Saw pwnstar stream it a few minutes ago... I don't think I could ever enjoy it. It's like a CoD - BF3 hybrid.

Murder Miners:

I now have:
A new version of Lockout that is much closer to scale
A new version of Guardian to scale
Foundation
Beaver Creek
Sword Base (Actually good in this game)
Warlock
Midship
The Pit

In addition to the old maps:
Lockout v1
Chillout
Hang Em High

And our GAF maps:
Zanzibar
Sanctuary

Thanks to Ex2x from murderminers.com

Can I get the maps off you sometime soon?

dealwithitftb0c.gif

Woorloog

Banned
I'm confused about ordnance. What does randomised mean? The Valhalla spawns don't sound convincing.

In certain modes, power weapons are dropped to map to random places (after set time?), and the weapons are random but each map has a selection tailored for it (probably modifed by gametype as well). So Valhalla gets anti-vehicle weapons and snipers, whereas some smaller, more cramped map would get different set of power weapons.

JonCha

In certain modes, power weapons are dropped to map to random places (after set time?), and the weapons are random but each map has a selection tailored for it (probably modifed by gametype as well). So Valhalla gets anti-vehicle weapons and snipers, whereas some smaller, more cramped map would get different set of power weapons.

Oh right. I hope there is a way for players to predict where and what's dropping. I know an indicator is on-screen, but I'm, guessing maps have set locations so drops become predictable over time.

It'll be interesting to see if traditional drops are in some gamemodes. I know we have the drops at the beginning. What are 343 hoping to achieve out of this though?

After waiting in line, you go in a boot and you see a movie where Kiki talks about the game. After that, you watch some horrible players play regicide on Longbow and then you're done.

We did get an avatar award and a mega blocks figure....

After waiting in line, you go in a boot and you see a movie where Kiki talks about the game. After that, you watch some horrible players play regicide on Longbow and then you're done.

Wait let me get this straight. Its not playable?

What?

I would sue.

Watching the Meltdown IGN video, it looks like that map will take a while to not be confused by it. I know it's a figure eight, but watching it I was getting turned around a lot. Hopefully it doesn't take as long to nail down as Orbital.

I love the little detail of the snow whipping up as the wind blows.

8 guys were playing. Don't know how they got to. Me and Over are now standing in a VIP line. Maybe we'll have better luck there.

Weird - so theres a que to spectate and a que to play but only 8 people play at a time?

Sounds like a really stupid set up. Why not put the que to play around the players - so you can spectate and see the game before you play?

TCKaos

What kind of figure and award?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Damn, that sucks. :-(

feel

Hey Euro folks at wherever that event is, if there's a camera over you shoulder when you're playing don't be 100% tryhard and go for some driving on the warthog. There's no warthog footage!

More importantly, are there any pictures of Over?
I think he's on the Halogaf album

Top Bottom