• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xabora said:
Oh FML!
Hi, unfortunately Sony did not ship enough of the Demon's Souls
(Asian) this week and we will not be able to process recent orders but the
next batch of the game should arrive within the next 1-2 weeks. We will
update our customers once we have news on the next shipment from Sony.
Thanks for checking with us to make sure.

Regards,
NCSX Inc

Was this an email response?

Asian version get!!!

346qirn.jpg

There is artwork on the inside of the cover sleeve, but it is black and white. The manual is completely Japanese, but you do get a handy little foldout of all the critical info which is in English.
2611dg4.jpg

Anyone know what it says here on this page? It says 5.1/7.1 audio twice on that page, but 7.1 isn't listed above as one of the available audio tracks, and it only says 5.1 on the back of the case.
25zqv7q.jpg

Going to pay a short trip to the gym, and then I'll have details on the actual game later tonight. I really wish the Asian version had shipped the same week as the Japanese version, and not on Killzone 2 week :(

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Man, that is some warning on the package, lol!

Congrats, hopefully the rest of us that are still waiting will have ours next week sometime.

Looking forward to impressions!

EDIT: This just popped into my inbox as well:

"Thanks for your recent order for Demon's Souls (Asian version). Please note that there is a shortage of the game in Hong Kong and we will not be able to fill recent orders in the batch that will arrive tomorrow. Sony is expected to release a new supply of the game in the next 1-2 weeks and all remaining preorders will be processed and shipped once we receive the next shipment. Apologies for the delay but we will keep our customers abreast of the situation as we receive additional news over the next few days. Thanks for your attention."

Sad is me.

Thank for the package images Valkyr - Found out the manual was in Japanese through eBay - kind of a bummer but the fold-out is a plus. Looks like the game supports 7.1..... - that's sweet. Packaging looks really cool, any nice artwork inside?

I wish the game shipped original release date too - still no idea why the delay happened in the first place. Maybe they needed to make that fold out, so they delayed it :lol I've decided to hold off on KZ2 for now, not only for this reason but monetary mostly. You must be the first GAFer with it, congrats! Enjoy - hope to see you online soon!

I'm anxious for your impressions as well so I'll be refreshing like crazy.

Diseased Yak said:

Congrats, hopefully the rest of us that are still waiting will have ours next week sometime.

"Thanks for your recent order for Demon's Souls (Asian version). Please note that there is a shortage of the game in Hong Kong and we will not be able to fill recent orders in the batch that will arrive tomorrow. Sony is expected to release a new supply of the game in the next 1-2 weeks and all remaining preorders will be processed and shipped once we receive the next shipment. Apologies for the delay but we will keep our customers abreast of the situation as we receive additional news over the next few days. Thanks for your attention."

Sad is me.

That sucks hard man, a few people have been receiving that email today. You said you preordered on 2/16 right? I wonder how many people have actually preordered through NCSx. I honestly think around that time, or perhaps a week before people really started getting into the game and preordering. Guess we'll never know! At least they will be sending more copies - it could be worse, for example, that was the one and only shipment. Boy that would suck...

RavenFox

Banned
Diseased Yak said:

Sad is me.
Was that from Play-Asia?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
RavenFox said:
Was that from Play-Asia?

No, NCSX, sorry should have said that.

Yeah, it sucks, but I have other games I need to play that were gonna get shuffled to the side for Demon's Souls, so at least this way I can get some time with 'em. Still sucks, though.

sh4mike said:
Hell, that was quick. Go Ebay.

I have shipped the following item with ref no RA877049979HK to you.

Item title: PS3 GAME Demon's Souls Eng/Chi *NEW*
Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250379087682
Item number: 250379087682
Buyer User ID: XXX
Seller User ID: sondox
Total: $67.74

Once your item arrives, please leave feedback and 5 stars for me.

Thank you again!

More evidence that preordering is worthless in the scheme of things.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Well, I'm a weak and impatient person. I canceled my NCSX order and bought it off eBay, with someone that I verified had it in stock first.

Guess I'm not in a hurry to cancel my Play-Asia preorder as I got Killzone2 this friday and am currently playing SFIV and Alone in the Dark

...so I can wait I supposed =/

Diseased Yak said:
Well, I'm a weak and impatient person. I canceled my NCSX order and bought it off eBay, with someone that I verified had it in stock first.

Was thinking about this but I don't have the money to cover until the refund is made. But then I found out I couldn't since I paid with paypal (though I paid with Paypal at Play-asia and they refunded..?)

Aight, here are some quick initial impressions before Lost comes on, so forgive the stream of consciousness.

The game has very extensive facial model customization. I don't see much of the point since my character will most likely always be wearing a full helmet, but I did go with the 'skinhead' haircut :lol

Both camera axis can be adjusted which is always appreciated. The graphics are pretty good; great for a such a low-profile game, and more than good enough as a current-gen baseline. Although I have a feeling it won't be long before I start to experience "castle fatigue" since from what I've seen most of the game takes place in and around this large kingdom. There is some subtle motion blur that is a nice touch. The sound design of the game doesn't fair as well as the graphics however. The sound engine is 5.1, but there is very little surround presence. Only certain environmental sounds will show up in the rear channels. Add to this no BGM and little ambiance, and you end up with a relatively boring sounding game so far.

There is no way to pause the game from what I've seen, and R3 is used to toggle lock-on mode. It takes a little getting used to. Corpses get dragged around a TON when you walk over them. It's pretty indicative of less than stellar Havok implementation.

Aside from some of these niggling issues, I was having a great time with the game. The way the tutorial ends was an awesome surprise. I forgot that I had already read that particular spoiler a few weeks ago, but it was out of my mind when it happened. It was quite the "holy shit omgwtfbbq" moments. It changes up what would be an otherwise generic way of your character going through the events of the game.

But after playing a little bit of the core game, I realized this game has a pretty damn harsh method of treating player death. I've gone pretty deep into the initial area of the game, and I have yet to discover if there are checkpoints. There are these walls of fog that you pass through which I was fully expecting to be checkpoints, until I died. When you die you get to keep your items, but you lose all of the 'souls' you have accumulated, which is basically your currency, and then are returned to the start of the 'level.' If you go back to where you died and touch your bloody stain you get those souls returned to you, but you have to trudge through the level all over again with the mobs respawned. As someone that absolutely hates it when you either lose large chunks of game time or have to play through lengthy parts of a game again, I'm not sure if this is a game I will be able to stick with for long. I was having a great time up until then, but I've got too many other games on my plate to go through too many "you've got to be shitting me" moments in games. Hopefully I just have the wrong approach to the game and there's something I'm missing since the instruction manual is in Japanese.

Other things to note that apparently the online for the Asian servers won't be turned on until tomorrow. The multiplayer component of the game sounds really interesting. Also, the castle I'm in seems to have branching paths for later in the game. I went down a hallway which was apparently the wrong one to go down since at the end of the hallway was a huge dude with red eyes and a huge sword. He one-shotted me as expected.

matmanx1

Thanks for the impressions. And yeah I'm expecting the brutal difficulty and to be swatted down early and often. I just hope the game captures that sense of isolation and being in a hostile environment with only your wits and equipment to get you through it that the early King's Field games had going for them.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Aight, here are some quick initial impressions before Lost comes on, so forgive the stream of consciousness.

The game has very extensive facial model customization. I don't see much of the point since my character will most likely always be wearing a full helmet, but I did go with the 'skinhead' haircut :lol

Both camera axis can be adjusted which is always appreciated. The graphics are pretty good; great for a such a low-profile game, and more than good enough as a current-gen baseline. Although I have a feeling it won't be long before I start to experience "castle fatigue" since from what I've seen most of the game takes place in and around this large kingdom. There is some subtle motion blur that is a nice touch. The sound design of the game doesn't fair as well as the graphics however. The sound engine is 5.1, but there is very little surround presence. Only certain environmental sounds will show up in the rear channels. Add to this no BGM and little ambiance, and you end up with a relatively boring sounding game so far.

There is no way to pause the game from what I've seen, and R3 is used to toggle lock-on mode. It takes a little getting used to. Corpses get dragged around a TON when you walk over them. It's pretty indicative of less than stellar Havok implementation.

Aside from some of these niggling issues, I was having a great time with the game. The way the tutorial ends was an awesome surprise. I forgot that I had already read that particular spoiler a few weeks ago, but it was out of my mind when it happened. It was quite the "holy shit omgwtfbbq" moments. It changes up what would be an otherwise generic way of your character going through the events of the game.

But after playing a little bit of the core game, I realized this game has a pretty damn harsh method of treating player death. I've gone pretty deep into the initial area of the game, and I have yet to discover if there are checkpoints. There are these walls of fog that you pass through which I was fully expecting to be checkpoints, until I died. When you die you get to keep your items, but you lose all of the 'souls' you have accumulated, which is basically your currency, and then are returned to the start of the 'level.' If you go back to where you died and touch your bloody stain you get those souls returned to you, but you have to trudge through the level all over again with the mobs respawned. As someone that absolutely hates it when you either lose large chunks of game time or have to play through lengthy parts of a game again, I'm not sure if this is a game I will be able to stick with for long. I was having a great time up until then, but I've got too many other games on my plate to go through too many "you've got to be shitting me" moments in games. Hopefully I just have the wrong approach to the game and there's something I'm missing since the instruction manual is in Japanese.

Other things to note that apparently the online for the Asian servers won't be turned on until tomorrow. The multiplayer component of the game sounds really interesting. Also, the castle I'm in seems to have branching paths for later in the game. I went down a hallway which was apparently the wrong one to go down since at the end of the hallway was a huge dude with red eyes and a huge sword. He one-shotted me as expected.

If I'm not mistaken there are checkpoints in the form of a sword in the ground essentially....also, tehre is a RETURN spell which will return you back to the Nexus at any point. Also, the castle isn't the only area in the game so there is variety.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
If I'm not mistaken there are checkpoints in the form of a sword in the ground essentially....also, tehre is a RETURN spell which will return you back to the Nexus at any point. Also, the castle isn't the only area in the game so there is variety.

Hmmm, I guess I need to keep an eye out for those swords. I never found one. The problem with the return spell is that you forfeit all of the souls you earned to return to the Nexus. I'm not sure if they somehow stay there waiting for you when you return. Otherwise, returning to the Nexus is kinda pointless in those situations.

sh4mike said:
Can you pause by hitting the PS button?

No, but holding the PS button until the black screen may actually pause.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Hmmm, I guess I need to keep an eye out for those swords. I never found one. The problem with the return spell is that you forfeit all of the souls you earned to return to the Nexus. I'm not sure if they somehow stay there waiting for you when you return. Otherwise, returning to the Nexus is kinda pointless in those situations.

Oh I did not know that about forfeiting the souls -- that sucks...But yes it's a sword or something from what I can tell, has a blue haze around it.

careksims

So my friend told me that Play-Asia might send it this week but if not, definitely next week. Friend chose 2-day shipping for me. I don't mind. Killzone 2 is on Friday. Plenty of time to dig into that :D

Doctor_No

Valkyr Junkie said:
The problem with the return spell is that you forfeit all of the souls you earned to return to the Nexus. I'm not sure if they somehow stay there waiting for you when you return. Otherwise, returning to the Nexus is kinda pointless in those situations.

No, you don't. You will retain ALL your souls if you use the "Return" spell. (not sure the English name for the spell, it could also be called 'Escape')

If you die, then yes you will lose you souls until you pick your body back up. Also, you can go back to the Nexus and your body will still be at the last point you died.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Yeah, this game is going back on the shelf until there are plenty of FAQs written for this game :lol

I'm not sure how the Asian server situation is, but there should be a ton of tips written on the floor during the game- they are the best FAQs for the game. In fact, most Japanese FAQ sites are pretty barren for the play-through portion of each stage since the in-game stuff is more important.

I'll try to write some basic tips out later tonight since I understand that there should be some hurdles for people just starting the game.

Yeah, there are a ton of hints already on the Asian servers even though they've only been up for a few hours. I did discover that if you return to the Nexus and quit your game, your body cannot be recovered when you return to play. At least, that's what happened to me once.

I guess I just need more of a focused experience. I'm at the first demon, and depleted all of my fire bombs trying to beat it but still lost since my HP bar is like 2" long even on a 46" TV. And the only trader I've found will take me like 15 minutes of grinding to get back to just to buy more.

Doctor_No

Valkyr Junkie said:
Yeah, there are a ton of hints already on the Asian servers even though they've only been up for a few hours. I did discover that if you return to the Nexus and quit your game, your body cannot be recovered when you return to play. At least, that's what happened to me once.

I guess I just need more of a focused experience. I'm at the first demon, and depleted all of my fire bombs trying to beat it but still lost since my HP bar is like 2" long even on a 46" TV. And the only trader I've found will take me like 15 minutes of grinding to get back to just to buy more.

Yes, if you quit your game your soul corpse is lost if you haven't picked it up.

If you haven't beat the 1-1 boss I would suggest not worrying about your souls. You'll quickly get more souls once you beat the boss, plus you can't really use it at the beginning to level up or upgrade your weapon. 1-1 of the game is kinda slow, I stopped playing for a week when I got the game, but don't let the first area give you the wrong impression about the game. It would have been better if they let you level up immediately instead of having to wait to beat the first boss.

For the first boss (1-1)
those fire bombs do help, but don't rely on them. The slimes take little damage from the front (the shield in the front should be a clue). The slimes and the phalanx take lots of damage if you run around from behind and hit them from the back. You use the pillars as cover, they are slow and only throw spears at you so its easy to avoid getting hit.

Also, make sure you have the cling ring equipped.

Doctor_No said:
No, you don't. You will retain ALL your souls if you use the "Return" spell. (not sure the English name for the spell, it could also be called 'Escape')

If you die, then yes you will lose you souls until you pick your body back up. Also, you can go back to the Nexus and your body will still be at the last point you died.

I'm not sure how the Asian server situation is, but there should be a ton of tips written on the floor during the game- they are the best FAQs for the game. In fact, most Japanese FAQ sites are pretty barren for the play-through portion of each stage since the in-game stuff is more important.

I'll try to write some basic tips out later tonight since I understand that there should be some hurdles for people just starting the game.

Where'd you disappear to :) I knew it didn't sound right. I was surprised to hear that your souls were taken if you used the spell...so thank you for clarifying that again. Supposedly the Asian server isn't up yet but will be up in the next few days so hopefully tips start popping up by then. I agree that the tips on the ground are going to be your best bet for figuring this sucker out.

Doctor_No

General tips for people starting out. Most of it will sound obvious, but some of its easy to miss.

Leveling Up: You CANNOT level up until you beat the 1-1 boss. Once you clear the first area you can level up by talking to the Maiden in Black. At the beginning don't stress out about losing your soul corpse, there is very little you can use souls for anyway until you beat the first boss. Buy healing items and weapons of your choice, but if you lose your corpse, don't get worked up about it. You'll get lots of souls as the game progresses when you can actually use it.

Difficulty Level: In this game as your level goes up your base defense will go up regardless of what stat you decide to allocate points to. This means that no matter how you decide to develop your character you will take less damage as you level up.

If you are finding one area to be particularly difficult, first you should just change your approach. Use a different weapon, use a different tactic, or use magic. Usually a good strategy and skill will make up for dozens of player levels, but if you're taking too much damage, just level up and come back to the stage later.

Weight: You have an equip weight limit and an overall carry weight limit. It sounds like common sense but if you have heavy armor and heavy weapons you will move slow. The efficacy at which you can evade attacks and the speed at which you can run will depend on how much equip you are carrying relative to you equip weight limit.

There are three degrees:
Over: If you have more weight equipped then you can carry you cannot run.
Maxed: If you have close to your max equip rate you will move slow. When you roll, your dualshock will rumble with the weight of your armor.
Fast: If you are lightly equipped you can move very quickly. You will roll and run much quicker.

Sh4Mike:
"There are 3 weight classes that effect movement speed -- above equipped allowance, 50-100% equipped allowance, and <50% equipped allowance.

For general purpose gameplay, you want to stay <50% for faster movement and rolls"

Cling Ring: The most important item in the game and you get it in the first 30 minutes. You will be playing this game mostly in soul form, this item will give you 75% your max HP if the ring is equpped (versus 50% normally).

The ring is in the corpse in the first shortcut in 1-1. Its very easy to find, however, you would be surprised by how many people on the Japanese forums played the entire game without the ring; usually they have it in their inventory and they didn't know to equip it.

DemonSoul-1-19.jpg

Stamina: All moves in this game will take stamina, from attacking, to dashing, to blocking. Heavy weapons take more stamina, rolling around with heavy armor will as well- if it sounds obvious it usually is. Luckily stamina replenishes very quickly, but its still important to keep your mind on it.

Blocking: You can either block with a shield or with a weapon (if you are holding it with two-hands). When blocking stamina will first be depleted, after which you will lose HP if you have no stamina left. If you know an attack is going to be strong (or you don't have any stamina left) it might be better to parry or evade. An important stat to keep an eye out for is the defense of your shield. You weapon will also have this stat and will be used if you are using your weapon to block.

If you're attacking an enemy, and quickly need to block. Remember you stamina might be depleted.

Lock-on/ Lock-off: Using the lock-on (R3), as well as the lock-off, effectively is incredibly important in this game. Many piercing moves and weapons will require it. Staying locked on all the time isn't usually very effective either, especially against bosses. Quickly locking-off and disengaging from the enemy is just as important. Good maneuvering can give you time to regain stamina.

Magic and Miracles: You will need a wand to do magic, and a talisman to do miracles. Later in the game you will get an item that can do both magic and miracles.

Your stat will need to be at least 10 for magic to do magic, and 10 for Faith to do miracles. You will start with one slot for magic and one slot for miracles when you start.

Where to get the Talisman:
4-1(Shrine of Storms) in front of the castle gates to the left, purchased from Filthy Woman in Valley of Defilement, comes as standard equipment on some classes
Where to get the Wand:
1-2 (Boletarian Palace) atop the tower on the bridge, Jail cell in Tower of Latria, 5-1 (Tower of Latria) purchased from Once Royal Mistress, comes as standard equipment with some classes

Faith 10 -> 1 Miracle Slot
Faith 16 -> 2 Miracle Slots
Faith 24 -> 3 Miracle Slots
Faith 36 -> 4 Miracle Slots

Will 10 -> 1 Magic Slot
Will 14 -> 2 Magic Slots
Will 18 -> 3 Magic Slots
Will 24 -> 4 Magic Slots
Will 30 -> 5 Magic Slots
Will 40 -> 6 Magic Slots

DemonSoul-1-18.jpg

Finally. . . .

Do-Overs, Cheat if you must: If you find the game too hard or frustrating, and if you absolutely must, you're given an easy way to cheat. This game auto-saves everything, by merely pressing the "PS" button and hitting "Quit Game" you can restart close to where you died if you do it quick enough.

While its not much different from wRPGs like Oblivion, where you can save anywhere, before engaging in enemies or bosses, and quickly do things over - its still cheating in this game.

BUT. . . you have to 'quit game' immediately after you die. Most of the time there's no point since you can usually go back to a boss quickly. Personally used it only couple of times so I wouldn't know if it damages your saved file or not. According to some people on the Japanese boards it doesn't.

start001.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I ever knew about that cheat. I might try it later on, but so far I am enjoying the game as is. Although it can be annoying to lose a corpse with tens of thousands of souls on it forever (I'm still only level 25). Do you have to quit the game before the loading screen comes up? Also I always figured the game would just start you back in the Nexus if you quit in the middle of a stage, but does it actually bring you back near the point where you quit?

Another thing; do you have any advice as to how I should progress? I am a 25 aristocrat and I have mostly been buffing up my MP, spell damage and faith (so I could get two slots). I have the heal miracle and the escape miracle and most of the spells that are initially available (I have no idea if there are more later or not). I have beat 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 and explored a bit of 3-1 and 4-1 (got the talisman, etc...). Should I just try and beat 2-2 and then progress from there?

I have to say this game is awesome. I am extremely glad I decided to pick it up, and because I had zero knowledge or expectations of this game before it was released I find myself extremely pleased with it. It is challenging, but the feeling of accomplishment when you do well is huge. This is definitely in my top 3 list for PS3 games. I planned to get Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 today, but I decided to wait because I wanted to finish this first.

BeeDog

So the impressions thus far (at least on GAF?) are universally positive, I guess? I found the art direction and general look of the game to be great in the beginning, but some of the early videos were really damn off-putting.

My interest in this game has been increasing ever so slightly, and I'm starting to wonder if it's going to be release in Europe any time soon (if at all).

fanboi said:
can someone tell me how the english is in this game.

1) Subs

2) Subs + voice?

:|

English text for all the menus & all the voices are recorded in English - also, I presume there are English subs for the voice overs, perhaps someone with the Asian version can confirm?

Also, my copy got shipped from Yesasia! Woo, and it appears to be coming from one of their suppliers in Holland, so I should be getting it soon - can't freaking wait.

matmanx1

Contacted my Ebay seller last night to ask him to drop me a line when the product shipped. He responded this morning saying that it went out yesterday so woohoo for me! I'm still pretty shocked at how reasonable the price was. Basically I'm paying less for this than I would for a normal full priced game with tax and more than $10 less than I paid for the FF7 Advent Children Blu-Ray with FF13 demon. Good times.

fanboi

Banned
Bootaaay said:
English text for all the menus & all the voices are recorded in English - also, I presume there are English subs for the voice overs, perhaps someone with the Asian version can confirm?

Also, my copy got shipped from Yesasia! Woo, and it appears to be coming from one of their suppliers in Holland, so I should be getting it soon - can't freaking wait.

thank you!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
fanboi said:
can someone tell me how the english is in this game.

1) Subs

2) Subs + voice?

:|

I'm playing the Japanese version and the voices are all in English. The voice acting is actually quite good.

sh4mike

Doctor_No

Zefah said:
Wow I ever knew about that cheat. I might try it later on, but so far I am enjoying the game as is. Although it can be annoying to lose a corpse with tens of thousands of souls on it forever (I'm still only level 25). Do you have to quit the game before the loading screen comes up? Also I always figured the game would just start you back in the Nexus if you quit in the middle of a stage, but does it actually bring you back near the point where you quit?

Another thing; do you have any advice as to how I should progress? I am a 25 aristocrat and I have mostly been buffing up my MP, spell damage and faith (so I could get two slots). I have the heal miracle and the escape miracle and most of the spells that are initially available (I have no idea if there are more later or not). I have beat 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 and explored a bit of 3-1 and 4-1 (got the talisman, etc...). Should I just try and beat 2-2 and then progress from there?

I have to say this game is awesome. I am extremely glad I decided to pick it up, and because I had zero knowledge or expectations of this game before it was released I find myself extremely pleased with it. It is challenging, but the feeling of accomplishment when you do well is huge. This is definitely in my top 3 list for PS3 games. I planned to get Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 today, but I decided to wait because I wanted to finish this first.

If you're going down the magic route you should aim to free both the magician and cleric. The Cleric is in
5-1 in a cell, and the magician is in 4-2 (in the cave). he's in the cave below Patches the Hyena, don't kill Patches even if he's annoying because later he'll open a store in the Nexus that is very useful
To learn the high-end magic and miracles you'll need to free these two characters. You can exchange your demon souls for devastating spells.

Regardless if you intend on building your magic, I would consider upgrading your weapons as well. You can get the ore to do this in Stonefang. Area 2-2 is incredibly rich in ore and you can quickly build up your weapon there. For 2-2
If you intend on fighting the boss, take the right route (with those troll things) and carefully drop down. It'll take you directly to the boss. If you take the left route, with the exploding ball, you can get a ton of ores and items but its very hard to get to the boss

sh4mike said:
Correction on Dr. No's tip sheet. There are 3 weight classes that effect movement speed -- above equipped allowance, 50-100% equipped allowance, and <50% equipped allowance.

For general purpose gameplay, you want to stay <50% for faster movement and rolls.

Some Wikis (top reference is the best):
http://demons-souls.gkwiki2.com/ (most diverse info)
http://wiki.livedoor.jp/demons_souls/ (some additional info)
http://www.geocities.jp/kouryakubo/ds/index.html (maps)

Thanks. I will fix that.

sh4mike said:
Correction on Dr. No's tip sheet. There are 3 weight classes that effect movement speed -- above equipped allowance, 50-100% equipped allowance, and <50% equipped allowance.

For general purpose gameplay, you want to stay <50% for faster movement and rolls.

Some Wikis (top reference is the best):
http://demons-souls.gkwiki2.com/ (most diverse info)
http://wiki.livedoor.jp/demons_souls/ (some additional info)
http://www.geocities.jp/kouryakubo/ds/index.html (maps)

Wow mike, awesome info. I'm going to update the thread with that nonsense. Any chance you could make a "quick" guide for navigating the maps link? That is extremely useful.

RavenFox

Banned
Well guys Im on the waiting list :-(

Dear RavenFox,

This is an important e-mail update regarding your pending Demon's Souls
(PS3/Asia Version) preorder (#).

We regret to inform you that due to an unforeseen production cut,
insufficient quantities of this item have been made available to the
market during the first week of its release. Despite our very best efforts
to obtain sufficient units in order to fill all pending preorders, there is
expected to be a slightly longer delay with your order.

Based on information provided by our suppliers, more units are likely to
be made available before the end of March 2009. At the same time, we are
still doing our very best to fasten the process and will update you as
soon as your order has been completed.

In case the delay has caused any change in your purchase intention, please
feel free to contact our customer service in reply to this e-mail with your
instructions.

For your reference, Demon's Souls is alternatively available as Japanese
Version (featuring English voices with Japanese text) at the following
address.

Demon's Soul (Japan Version):
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-70-368o.html

To express our deepest regret, you will shortly receive a US$ 10 store
credit voucher by e-mail as a small compensation for the delay. The
voucher will be valid, also in case you decide to cancel your original
order.

We appreciate your support and would once again like to apologize for any
inconvenience this delay may have caused to you.

Your Play-Asia.com Customer Service
http://www.play-asia.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom