• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog outs CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2 in Amazon FR listing, now blacklisted by ATVI.

fernoca

Maybe "next gen"; since it seems to be the "trend". (releasing one that is the "new one" then release expansions/sequels through the gen which update/fix/add aspects to the "new" game).

As of right now, they have 4 studios working on main Call of Duty games and mostly 2 of them has been alternating over the last years, while 2 studios were recently added to the mix (with one -Sledgehammer- helping in the release of the most recent one and the other one -Beachhead- working mostly on online aspects/Elite.).

You know, now that I think about it, these guys could end this publisher blacklisting stuff once and for all right now.

If the major sites pulled together after a blacklist, and all posted the news, instead of keeping their heads down and hoping for extra clicks two months down the road, the blacklist stuff would fall apart.

Because at a certain point, blacklisting multiple sites HURTS Activision more than anything, because they NEED THE COVERAGE.

Blacklisting can only work if the game news sites in question THINK THEY'RE THE ONLY ONES MISSING OUT. If Gamestop and IGN and whoever else report the story as well, is Activision going to blacklist ALL OF THEM? Nah, son.

The publishers still think they hold all the cards here, but they must have missed the memo. It's the information age, folks.
This would be a nice turn of events.

syllogism

Why not? The issue in the OP was clearly the result of a C&D against Gameblog, the blacklisting only occured after they refused. The situations seem similar enough, except Gameblog refused while EviLore complied.
The difference is that with mass effect 3 leak people were sharing full text dumps of the script, which is copyright protected material. Not that it likely made a difference, but the situations clearly aren't the same.

Jb

Why? I had a great time playing against bots in BO1. If they're back in 2, I'll surely buy it.

I made good use of them too to familiarize myself with the maps, but good gob was their IA terrible. They would just wander around until they saw you, would freeze, aim perfectly and pull the trigger after a couple of seconds. 90's era stuff. Embarassing.

So we can promote new IPs..and possibly..massive improvements?...just a thought =/

The video game industry isn't 'all or nothing.' All kinds of games can exist in the marketplace. Call of Duty doesn't prevent other developers from making excellent and innovative games.

I made good use of them too to familiarize myself with the maps, but good gob was their IA terrible. They would just wander around until they saw you, would freeze, aim perfectly and pull the trigger after a couple of seconds. 90's era stuff. Embarassing.

Well if you set them to the hardest setting they become almost insane aimbots. I still have fun messing with them in different game types and modes and difficulties with different numbers on each team. There are a lot of options which is why I played it so much.

Card Boy

Banned
So we can promote new IPs..and possibly..massive improvements?...just a thought =/

You might want to think a little, the COD clones on the market are the fault of those developers who make said clones. It's up to those developers and pubs to make something original and 'improvements', it's not Activisions fault.

xHAASx

Banned
Sounds like this black ops member wasn't so..... black ops with this news.

tumblr_lwdlmdPEOM1r5gvg1o1_100.gif

Neat.

Nizz

Great. I can easily skip this since I didn't like Black Ops with it's atrocious framerate on PS3.
B Team can suck it.
Yeah, I didn't like how the PS3 version of Black Ops turned out. It was the first Treyarch developed COD title I bought of theirs and it didn't leave a good impression on me. I had skipped W@W but read up on it being a solid title.

But for whatever reasons Back Ops on PS3 turned out no so good...

Reallink

So why is the thread title not "Amazon outs BLOPS 2, Gameblog reports it, Activision blacklists Gameblog". If I'm understanding it correctly, that seems more accurate than the current title which at first glance appears to place blame on Gameblog as a "leak" of sorts, when they were really just reporting Amazon's error. The reality makes Activision look even more ridiculous and petty.

fernoca

So why is the thread title not "Amazon outs BLOPS 2, Gameblog reports it, Activision blacklists Gameblog". If I'm understanding it correctly, that seems more accurate than the current title which at first glance appears to place blame on Gameblog as a "leak" of sorts, when they were really just reporting Amazon's error. The reality makes Activision look even more ridiculous and petty.
Well, in reality was something like:

-Amazon.fr lists Black Ops 2 and emails people about it
-Amazon.fr changes it to Call of Duty 9
-Other site(s) reported about it (and the change)
-Gameblog reported about it, but didn't linked to the other sites
-Activision (France?) asked the other sites to remove said info, and they did
-Activision (France?) asked Gameblog to remove said info and they didn't
-Gameblog is blacklisted from all Activision (France?) events

:p

Well, in reality was something like:

-Amazon.fr lists Black Ops 2 and emails people about it
-Amazon.fr changes it to Call of Duty 9
-Other site(s) reported about it (and the change)
-Gameblog reported about it, but didn't linked to the other sites
-Activision (France?) asked the other sites to remove said info, and they did
-Activision (France?) asked Gameblog to remove said info and they didn't
-Gameblog is blacklisted from all Activision (France?) events

:p

Far from a professional response on Activision's end.

A reporter actually reporting stuf? "BWAAAAAA, how couuullld yoouu?". This should be reported on like Jim Redner's tweet on Duke Nukem Forever was. He got burned for it, why shouldn't Activision be burned for it?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nah, I think I'll buy this game because BLOPS was the best CoD since 4.

Easily. It took a month or two to work out the kinks on PC, but after that it was damn near perfect. I spent way too much time playing Hardcore TDM with my friends. Sticks and stones too.

I tried to sum up everything that I could find as of now in this article.

If my editors get anything from Activision requesting it get taken down, I'll let you guys know.

Can't say I'm amazed by the attempt, though. Activison is a big enough game company to be able to try this kind of a stunt. Still disappointing, at any rate.

Striek

Sequel to the worst CoD of the generation :(

BLOPs was absolute crap compared to the MW games and even WaW (MW1 reskinned). The interweb said it was a return to MW1 form and the interweb lied. Worst maps, worst weapons, worst systems, incredibly terrible singleplayer.

This news makes me sad.

daffy

Banned

BLOPs was absolute crap compared to the MW games and even WaW (MW1 reskinned). The interweb said it was a return to MW1 form and the interweb lied. Worst maps, worst weapons, worst systems, incredibly terrible singleplayer.

This news makes me sad.

No. Best COD since COD4. They got rid of all the garbage and listened to the community. Now you can play Warfare 2 if you want all that crap back. While we wait for Treyarch to bless us once more.

Aselith

The campaign was the most boring, uninspired shooter I've ever played and the map design both sp and mp is awful. Terrible game.

Hey You

This news makes me sad.

Haha, Black Ops maps are better than most of MW3's maps.

markot

Banned
And much like Bethseda getting pissy at Ars for their RAGe review and not giving them Skyrim, not a shit was given by anyone and nothing ever changes.

Top Bottom