• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta Thread of key begging

betanewbanner800copy.jpg

headbetainfo.jpg

DATES: Pre-Loading begins April 17th / Beta begins April 19th – May 2nd.

PLATFORMS: Xbox 360 and PS3 only.

NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 12 Total (6 vs 6)

CONTENT: The beta will give you a first glimpse at the amazing multiplayer of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, which will let you experience the future of warfare like never before.

• Select from 3 classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout), and unlock new gear to battle online on two selected maps (Mill & Pipeline).
  • Gain experience and levels, make decisive choices to customize and develop your character.
  • Gather Intel on your enemies’ positions and share it with your teammates.
  • Use the new suppression system to pin your enemies down while your teammates flank them.
  • Two adversarial game modes (Conflict & Saboteur)
  • Stats will not carry over to the final version of the game.

GAME MODES:
  • CONFLICT Players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins.
    Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes
  • SABOTEUR (available starting April 26th) A bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing teams base
    Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes

CLASSES:
  • RIFLEMAN uses Assault Rilfes and Light Machine Guns. His improved armor can sustain more hits to torso and Light Machine Guns are the only guns that create suppression
  • ENGINEER uses Shotguns and Personal Defense Rifles. His Scope Detector provides a warning when enemies are scoped in and aiming at him.
  • SCOUT uses Sniper Rifles and Submachine Guns. His optical camo activates while motionless, providing near-full concealment, but disengages when shot, suppressed, moving quickly or firing

GUIDE:
Click image to link to PDF guide from Official Beta Website

CONTROLS:
Click for full size image

headgetin.jpg

SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTION OWNERS: You will have automatic access to the beta from your Splinter Cell disc on the 19th - no keys needed. However, you'll be receiving an email from us starting on April 19th with three Xbox beta access keys that you can share with friends to build your squad! Note: Games On Demand version works as well.

XBOX GAMESTOP PREORDERS: You will receive your beta key plus three Xbox buddy keys for you to share with friends to build your squad. Keys will be emailed to you starting on the 19th. Pre-registration keys can be obtained by pre-ordering Ghost Recon: Future Soldier through Gamestop. Pre-registration keys can be entered at http://www.ghostrecon.com/vipbeta (Uplay account required).

PLAYSTATION PLUS MEMBERS: all PlayStation Plus members will have immediate access to the beta on April 19th. The beta will be published on April 17th in the PlayStation Plus section of the Store. If you’ve elected for Automatic Downloads as a subscriber, the beta will also be automatically pushed to your PS3 when it’s released! Otherwise, you can download it when you’re ready and hop in the multiplayer action.

PC GAMERS: While there are no plans for a PC beta as of now, our devs are working hard to build an amazing GR: Future Soldier experience for you on PC. We'll keep you posted if anything changes.

I have pre-registered for the beta, now what should I do?

Beta keys will be sent via email up to one week before the beta begins.
**Emails will be staggered and may not be received on the same day as other users**

Is there any other way to get access to the beta without pre-ordering Ghost Recon: Future Soldier or owning a copy of Splinter Cell: Conviction?
Select Uplay users that have either Xbox Live gamertags, or PS3 PSN IDs linked may be randomly selected for the beta.

I was able to download the beta, but I am unable to play. What should I do?
Users will be able to pre-load the beta as early as April 17th. However you will not be able to play the beta until the official beta release date which is April 19th, 2012.

headimgs.jpg

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE IMAGES

headvideos.jpg

headsquad.jpg

Need better teammates? Squad up with GAF!
Click the image below to view or add yourself to the players list for your platform

Card Boy

Banned
Based on what i have seen it looks like a cross between SOCOM and Metal Gear Online. Is it the consensus that this game will attack both audiences to the game?

Arnie

Looks pretty good, but alas I don't have a Splinter Cell disk. If anyone has a code or is up for sharing just shoot us a PM.

Hope it's fairly hardcore, Siege mode sounds good in that respect.

Great OT, keeping things simple and concise! I've added myself to the X360 list.

thanks, it came out pretty good for something I just started about 2 hours ago, although I had some source material from the game's real OT that I have been putting together for awhile

Based on what i have seen it looks like a cross between SOCOM and Metal Gear Online. Is it the consensus that this game will attack both audiences to the game?

I guess, Ghost Recon has kind of always had it's own audience. Both "us" and the SOCOM guys are looking for kind of the same thing, more realistic, team-based gameplay.

I don't think the game or the MP are gonna be a huge hit, but I think people might be pleasantly surprised if they check it out. And to the mainstream masses it seems to be shaping up as a nice alternative to the big boys (COD and BF) as there is a ton of unique stuff with the future tech as well as some real tactical depth to it.

Card Boy

Banned
I never understood why people should be buying this game when Ghost Recon Online looks like basically the same thing but is free to play on WiiU and PC.

Shawsie64

Banned
I'm pleasantly surprised how good this game looks..sure it's another shooter but it look quite polished and fun. I think I'll prob pick it up on PC providing its a decent enough port. Also nice OT, thanks for the direct feed gameplay videos! :)

kuYuri

Still have my Splinter Cell disc. :D

I never played the competitive MP for the GRAW games, I should really give this one a try.

Sethos

Banned
I keep confusing this with the Online thingy. Will this also have a bunch of crazy annoying stuff, force fields, cloak etc. or will this be more down to earth with some more tactical gameplay that isn't ruined by gadgets?

I keep confusing this with the Online thingy. Will this also have a bunch of crazy annoying stuff, force fields, cloak etc. or will this be more down to earth with some more tactical gameplay that isn't ruined by gadgets?

the latter

the game originally was going to have stuff like shoulder mounted rocket launchers, exoskeletons that allowed you to run super fast and other unbelievable sci-fi type stuff, but the 2010 E3 demo had a poor showing so they went back to the drawing board and seem to have found a happy medium between that and the previous Ghost Recon games

all of the tech in the game is either in use by the military in some form or in development with the exception of the optical camoflage, which it's implementation in the game is nowhere near close to being achieved (or at least that's what the US Military want people to think).

They actually had a more "realistic" version of it in the first iteraton of Future Soldier where it was just a cloak that had millions of mini cameras on it that reflected light to create the transparent effect. Kind of strange that they dialed all the rest of the tech back, but made the optical camo more "futuristic".

smik

seriously. all my massive hype just died down in a mere of seconds.

Just found out that there is NO option for, Team Deathmatch! Final build.

I understand the push of focusing on (Total 5) Team orientated objective modes ( Saboteur: Decoy: Conflict: Siege: Guerrilla: )
but to not implementing the single most popular game mode that was previously played is just ridiculous.
TDM has even leaked unto other Huge online games due to demand and familiarization, titles like Battlefield, heck even Gears of War.

Having to carry poor players and baby them just to capture the objective is NOT fun, how many times have you played Headquaters or Domination
and have them not even capture or move towards the team objective, its a true reality, people just enjoy lone wolfing sometimes without the annoyance of worrying
about your teammates to just even go near the objective.

i enjoy just plain barebones TDM as there is just as much focus on team tactics than any other game modes buts its way more flexible to play solo without hurting your team.

this was one really narrow minded move by the developers, i truly hate being forced to play a certain way as i have no option to pick another mode,
just put in a simple option of TDM in Retail or honestly they will Hugly regret it.

we need to start a petition

I understand the push of focusing on (Total 5) Team orientated objective modes ( Saboteur: Decoy: Conflict: Siege: Guerrilla: )
but to not implementing the single most popular game mode that was previously played is just ridiculous.
TDM has even leaked unto other Huge online games due to demand and familiarization, titles like Battlefield, heck even Gears of War.

Having to carry poor players and baby them just to capture the objective is NOT fun, how many times have you played Headquaters or Domination
and have them not even capture or move towards the team objective, its a true reality, people just enjoy lone wolfing sometimes without the annoyance of worrying
about your teammates to just even go near the objective.

i enjoy just plain barebones TDM as there is just as much focus on team tactics than any other game modes buts its way more flexible to play solo without hurting your team.

this was one really narrow minded move by the developers, i truly hate being forced to play a certain way as i have no option to pick another mode,
just put in a simple option of TDM in Retail or honestly they will Hugly regret it.

As you can see here in this pic from Ghost recon network video they will add gamemodes later on and Team deathmatch will be one off them.

GAME_MODES.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Main campaign can be played in 4 player coop.
I don't know if there are separate coop missions like in GRAW1/2 but it would be great.

16 player co-op was FUCKING awesome back in the day. You could have multi-objective maps and split up into fireteams to attack them in sync. No game has that scale nowadays - at least for co-op.

Sai

Man, I forgot all about this... I really don't need anything else on my plate right now...

But I'll be getting it anyways. :(

Ivan 3414

Thank you. I'd thought they never honor this. They're about 2 years late:

DSC01611.jpg

When I heard there were other means to get access to the beta, I felt kinda screwed over to be honest; I think it was mostly because of the wait, and on top of that there wasn't even any need to buy SCC to play. I understand that the delay changed things though. At least we're at least we're able to invite friends.

16 player co-op was FUCKING awesome back in the day. You could have multi-objective maps and split up into fireteams to attack them in sync. No game has that scale nowadays - at least for co-op.

No, no they don't. I remember the Ghost Recon 2 days on xbox live. While everyone else was playing socom, I was playing this. Looked & played better, imo. Good times.

Btw: Can I still purchase SC:C on 360 and still get the beta? (played game on PC)

Kinyou

Nice of them to keep their promise, though it is quite obvious that this is more of a demo than a real beta.

smik

As you can see here in this pic from Ghost recon network video they will add gamemodes later on and Team deathmatch will be one off them.

GAME_MODES.jpg

Oh Ok, i must of missed something are they doing roll outs of game modes?

please let this be true

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I never understood why people should be buying this game when Ghost Recon Online looks like basically the same thing but is free to play on WiiU and PC.

Because it's far from the same thing.

Will be interested to see if it's identical to GR Online.

It's not.

Main campaign can be played in 4 player coop.
I don't know if there are separate coop missions like in GRAW1/2 but it would be great.

Guerrilla mode, 4 player type horde mode.

yeah I'm not super happy about it either, they also removed the Firefight / Co-op Elimination mode which has been a staple of the game since OGR, which is actually me and my friend's fav mode to play.

Does Future Soldier have a co-op mode? That was the best part of the last two GRAW games.

2 Co-op "modes", the full campaign, which is 12 missions and is approx 10-12 hours in length and then "Guerrilla Mode" which is their take on "Horde Mode". Max 4 players for each, so no more 16 player Co-op :(

Oh Ok, i must of missed something are they doing roll outs of game modes?

please let this be true

they released a video last week for Ghost Recon Network app which showed a few other Game Modes listed that they haven't mentioned yet, which look likely as future DLC. The last two Ghost Recon games were heavily supported post launch with tons of new maps and different modes so I would imagine we would see some new modes down the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhnFGTBbpqs&feature=youtu.be

Hulud

I'm just so bummed they included being able to turn invisible and see through walls. :/ But I'm still willing to give it a chance. Loved GRAW.

I'm just so bummed they included being able to turn invisible and see through walls. :/ But I'm still willing to give it a chance. Loved GRAW.

its not that serious really...

the active camoflage is only used by the scout class and it only kicks in while you are prone or crouched and moving very slowly. The devs explanation is that it functions more like a futuristic ghillie suit then invisibility. As soon as you fire or get hit it disables. As far as the singleplayer campaign goes, enemies will detect you if you are within 20 meters and in there line of sight, but it will take a little longer for them to notice you, so it's not fool-proof.

The "see thru walls" works like this. You can always see you own guys thru the walls via the Augmented Reality (they appears as green) since you guys share the same intel network. There are 2 ways to see the enemies, one is if you or one of your teammates gets a non-lethal takedown and then successfully hacks their cross-com while they are down which takes about 15 seconds. Only then will the enemies show up on your HUD in red. The other is if you throw a sensor grenade which only the Engineer class has, and each class can only carry one type of grenade.

There is also jamming equipment and emp grenades and launchers in the game as well as decoy mines and grenades that can be used to counter this "see thru the walls".

Lunchbox

Banned
what is this spreadsheet garbage, make a free gamertag and add that, then friends of friends invites

anyone know if its sharable? if i get 3 from ubi ill donate one for the dupe since i already have splinter cell

D23

what about the classic last man standing?? that mode was the shit back in ghost recon 2 in xbox

I can still get a Beta code if I pre-order this now, right? I'm probably gonna stop by Gamestop today, so I'm just making sure.

i'm a little worried about the player count having been lowered to 6 v 6 instead of being 8 v 8 like it has always been.

Also, any confirmation of being able to open our own rooms in which we can set our own settings or are we going to be stuck with a match making system?

I really hope we can host our own rooms. It's one of the things that always made the series standout on consoles. It would be a real downer if we can't and quite possibly put my purchase in jeopardy.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
i'm a little worried about the player count having been lowered to 6 v 6 instead of being 8 v 8 like it has always been.

Also, any confirmation of being able to open our own rooms in which we can set our own settings or are we going to be stuck with a match making system?

I really hope we can host our own rooms. It's one of the things that always made the series standout on consoles. It would be a real downer if we can't and quite possibly put my purchase in jeopardy.

Matchmaking unless you do a private room. I'd rather it be that way anyway, previous games with lobbies sucked, especially asshats trolling with the kick shit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
2 Co-op "modes", the full campaign, which is 12 missions and is approx 10-12 hours in length and then "Guerrilla Mode" which is their take on "Horde Mode". Max 4 players for each, so no more 16 player Co-op :(

That's too bad. Why would they take out the one unique thing about the franchise? Boo.

Top Bottom