• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NewEgg has weird WoW Xbox SKU, GAFfer concludes WoW coming to consoles

lknENF5.png

So it looks like World of Warcraft might possibly be coming to the Xbox One according to some rumors? Hold me.

Also rumors of a possible controller bundle, something along the lines of:

Wj5Nmvb

Page is still up on Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832127022&cm_re=wow-_-32-127-022-_-Product

"It can be done, it would just be a big challenge for a game like WoW."

- Blizzard's lead systems designer Greg Street

BELIEVE.

StayDead

Wouldn't this require Xbox One to use Keyboard and Mouse support? How on earth would you play some of the classes with a controller? o_O

Wouldn't this require Xbox One to use Keyboard and Mouse support? How on earth would you play some of the classes with a controller? o_O

Hearing rumors of a special MMO controller going to be bundled with it.

People laughed at D3 on consoles news too.. I mean, lots of MMOs on consoles these days right.

Vashetti

Banned
I've entertained the idea a few times because it would be super convenient. But there's just too many controls and not enough buttons on a controller.

Just a mistake listing.

CozMick

Banned
The game is dying right?

Then this is the perfect opportunity to boost numbers.

A realm reborn is flawless on ps4.

Just an anonymous quote, all of this could be bullshit, could be huge if true.

"I cant tell you my position but my company does work together with Activision Blizzard (marketing wise) and its real

I dont know many details but they are planning to unveil it at this years Blizzcon.

All i do know is that MS paid a shit ton of money to get it exclusively on the Xbone and they are planning to release a special type of controller with it that is suited for MMOs on a console. Its along the lines of the keypad addon for the 360 controller"

Don't get me wrong I'm all for console ports but in this day and age does anyone not have a computer that could play this? I mean even toasters can play WOW.

Vashetti

Banned
The game is dying right?

Then this is the perfect opportunity to boost numbers.

A realm reborn is flawless on ps4.

7.6 million was the last revealed number of subscribers. Hardly dying.

All other MMO owners wished they had that subscriber count, plus it'll see a boost when Draenor releases.

I've entertained the idea a few times because it would be super convenient. But there's just too many controls and not enough buttons on a controller.

Just a mistake listing.
The skill bloat in WoW is real. Last time I played my warrior I had to bind 2-3 cooldowns to a single key. I had a "offensive" key with a bunch of offensive cooldowns binded, and a "defensive" key with like 3-4 defensive cooldowns.

Not to mention that without managing 10 different cooldowns, there a ton of skills to rotate as well.
TLDR this game barely works with a keyboard.

Linkyn

Just a mistake listing.

That aside, playing without mods / addons makes progressive raiding and / or PvP virtually impossible.

Kalnos

Banned
Which would probably be the case? Special controller, console servers.

Blizzard has stated constantly that they don't want to release servers that are locked on previous expansions (TBC, Vanilla, etc) because supporting two versions of the game wouldn't be worth the manpower required. I would assume that the same logic extends to supporting a console version of WoW.

Blizzard has stated constantly that they don't want to release servers that are locked on previous expansions (TBC, Vanilla, etc) because supporting two versions of the game wouldn't be worth their time. I would assume that the same logic extends to supporting a console version of WoW.

Don't think so, disproportionately bigger market in consoles than WOW Vanilla server fans. Wonder if D3's console edition was a big enough success to warrant this?

People are also saying the game is so scalable it could run on a toaster, maybe we'll even see a last-gen, current-gen release?

Vashetti

Banned
Don't think so, disproportionately bigger market in consoles than WOW Vanilla server fans. Wonder if D3's console edition was a big enough success to warrant this?

People are also saying the game is so scalable it could run on a toaster, maybe we'll even see a last-gen, current-gen release?

Sounds like you just really want this port to happen and refuse to listen to reasons that negate it.

Sounds like you just really want this port to happen and refuse to listen to reasons that negate it.

Not really, enjoy it on the PC, same for Diablo, just very curious considering Diablo 3 ported really well to consoles at the end of the day.

Curious because something like this kind of makes sense.

stilgar

Yeah, my paladin has more chance of killing an army of level 4 ogres with bloodthirst than this to happen #wacraftcomeback

SJRB

Gold Member
Hypothetically, would there even be a market for WOW on consoles? Considering you can run this game on a potato and you can play up until level 20 for free, anyone even remotely interested in WOW surely tried it by now.

I mean, even I did a couple of months ago and I give zero fucks about WOW.

zoukka

Hypothetically, would there even be a market for WOW on consoles? Considering you can run this game on a potato and you can play up until level 20 for free, anyone even remotely interested in WOW surely tried it by now.

Friendlists and platform loyalty go a long way. I mean who would've believed anyone wants to play Diablo on a console?

Yea I also started playing less and less WOW, but don't you feel the exact same can be said for Diablo 3 on consoles? I'm pretty sure the Ultimate Evil Edition is going to outsell the PC version.

Yea I also started playing less and less WOW, but don't you feel the exact same can be said for Diablo 3 on consoles? I'm pretty sure the Ultimate Evil Edition is going to outsell the PC version.

Sarcasm? Console version wont touch the PC version in sales.

D3 broke 12 million PC sales, and 3 million first week for Reaper of Souls. Consoles wont come close.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they are bleeding subscribers seems to make sense this could be a option

StayDead

Because I don't like cluttered UI's and point and click my character to move, I'd like to control myself.

If you don't like cluttered UIs use macros and a custom UI.

Also I don't know anyone who points and clicks to move in WoW. You use your mouse to turn quickly but you hold w to move forward.

stilgar

I'm not saying Wii U would be a very logical platform or MMO of this sort. But it would make sense because screen

Not happening unless MS relax their restrictions on cross-platform integration and Gold requirements.

As to those of you who think this would be an awesome way to rebuild subscriber numbers; lol, no.
If ActiBlizzard are concerned about userbase size, they would go F2P which would bring in exponentially more players than releasing a special console exclusive version.

Top Bottom