• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row going to PS3? "Meh"-gaton indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceb

I heard they were gonna make a Saints Row Triology for the PS3, not sure about that though.

Its funny....this wasn't really ever a secret. The developers flatout stated that it was going to the PS3 when they had the "Play" magazine cover story awhile back. Mentioning differences between using the PS3's 7 SPEs and the 360's 3 cores...

Barnolde

Banned
bill0527 said:
When is Enchanted Arms for the PS3 being released here in the U.S. ?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164120.html March for Japan, so I'd guess summer.

Branduil said:
Do they say if MGS: Triology is coming out for the PS3 as well?

N-Gage only :(

AgentOtaku said:
Its funny....this wasn't really ever a secret. The developers flatout stated that it was going to the PS3 when they had the "Play" magazine cover story awhile back. Mentioning differences between using the PS3's 7 SPEs and the 360's 3 cores...

PS3 version to get planes!?!?!? I remember Volition saying lolnoplanes because the 360 didn't have a standard HDD. They should go and play Just Cause, which is also on PS2.

Zaptruder

Banned
Saints Row is a pretty solid game...

but the lack of voice acting with the main character... it's there, but he gets what... 3 lines. It doesn't even make sense.

Anyway, the real problem is the fisher price take on urban gangs... simultaneously trying to be... i don't know... kid friendly and R18+ at the same time.

****in confusing and disjointed.

Get rid of the neon colors... bright purples, yellows, reds and blues? That's just retarded.

Looking forward to the second iteration... would be nice to see Saints Row challenging GTA in a significant manner, instead of just been an excellent tide over until the real thing is released.

mood

The game will do well on PS3 for the same reason it did well on 360. Lack of games. Though to be fair, the game itself is good as well.

goldenpp72

meh, saints row got old fast, I barely got anywhere in that game and regret buying it.. I guess if you're desperate for a mid gta fix its good.

Did it even sell on 360?

tegdf

goldenpp72 said:
meh, saints row got old fast, I barely got anywhere in that game and regret buying it.. I guess if you're desperate for a mid gta fix its good.

Did it even sell on 360?

over a million I think

Barnolde

Banned
goldenpp72 said:

Did it even sell on 360?

For September: 360 SAINTS ROW 455k

Saints Row was the #1 title by value in September according to The NPD Group (NPD). More than one million units of Saints Row shipped during the quarter.

shuri

Banned
It was a really fun game, i went back to it a few weeks ago, and I think it's superior to GTA in every other way, except for some of the story.

Hell even one of my friend who is OBSESSED with GTA says that Saints Row is a better game than San Andreas, and he refused to come over to try SR saying it was just a cheap ripoff until he finally did and was really, really impressed.

The firefights are really intense, and the various missions are more combat oriented, as opposed to the more gimmick oriented missions of GTA SA.

shuri

Banned
My only real complain would be that the cops are simply not efficient or threatening at all. The missions felt more real or rather closer to street gangs than GTA and its more humorous take on the thing.

SR went in with the humor, but didnt go over the top like GTA:SA

Groovester

Neo Member
I could see this happening. Just add another section to the city, more options and you have yourself a nice upgrade. Or you could just wait for the Triology on Xbox 360....

I thought this was already announced awhile back. :/

Zaptruder said:
Saints Row is a pretty solid game...

but the lack of voice acting with the main character... it's there, but he gets what... 3 lines. It doesn't even make sense.

Anyway, the real problem is the fisher price take on urban gangs... simultaneously trying to be... i don't know... kid friendly and R18+ at the same time.

****in confusing and disjointed.

Get rid of the neon colors... bright purples, yellows, reds and blues? That's just retarded.

Looking forward to the second iteration... would be nice to see Saints Row challenging GTA in a significant manner, instead of just been an excellent tide over until the real thing is released.

I agree.

Saints Row was in some respects superior to GTA. The gun fights in particular were far better and I hope the next GTA apes the same control mechanics from Saints Row. I don't want to go back to the same archaic GTA firing scheme in #4.

But stylistically Saints Row is a freakin' wreck. It's the Kevin Federline of GTA clones. The guys over at Volition may have succeeded at creating a mechanically competent copy of GTA but they sure as hell didn't come close in recreating the humor and intelligence of Rockstar's games. People said around here that SR was a supposed to be a parody of GTA but I didn't see it like that at all and honestly I question whether or not Voilition even has enough imagination to come up with something like that.

Rhindle

I wonder if these late ports are going to sell at all.

I would guess that a big chunk of the early PS3 buyers already own 360s, and will have already picked up SR, Oblivion and Splinter Cell DA if they were really interested.

temp

posting on contract only
I still can't believe how solid Saints Row is. The story and the writing are terrible, but it's a great game.

White Man

If GTA4 doesn't have dual analog-style aiming, it loses next gen. I'm surprised we've tolerated GTA games this long without acceptable aiming.

Bildi

Barnolde said:
also checked IGN since they're usually good about getting info on new games

:lol

In terms of the topic, the impact of Saints Row moving to any console is approximately 0.

pilonv1

White Man said:
If GTA4 doesn't have dual analog-style aiming, it loses next gen. I'm surprised we've tolerated GTA games this long without acceptable aiming.

I thought San Andreas had it. I found the targeting was better than aiming with the horrible Dual Shock sticks though.

Ranger X

With GTA4 coming around "soon" i don't see a release of Saints Row a super good idea...

And i will personally wait for GTA4 (a given).

X26

Banned
pilonv1 said:
I thought San Andreas had it. I found the targeting was better than aiming with the horrible Dual Shock sticks though.

Well, unless you were locked on to someone, when you ran aorund shooting there was no real way to aim and it was just really sloppy

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
OH MY GOD THE 360 EXCLUSIVES ARE DROPPING LIKE FLIES DONT KILL YOURSELVES XBOTS JESUS FROWNS ON THAT SORT OF THING

drohne said:
OH MY GOD THE 360 EXCLUSIVES ARE DROPPING LIKE FLIES DONT KILL YOURSELVES XBOTS JESUS FROWNS ON THAT SORT OF THING

I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU AND DOING IT ANYWAY. JEWISH GOD HATES IT EVEN MORE BUT I DON'T CARE.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
White Man said:

I never did. I bitched about them, but I still bought them.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
actually this news might be significant if it brings us a sequel to cabel's buggy saints row musical. i'm pulling for a really lazy port.

pr0cs

Great game, no surprise really that it's going to the PS3 as well, I expect a lot of third parties to put stuff out on 360 first and if it sells well enough it goes to PS3.

I've logged more hours in Saint's Row than any other 360 title in 2006. I really enjoyed it. I never finished any of the GTA series except Vice City. They all got REALLY old near the end and even in Vice City I had to cheat to suffer through finishing the storyline.

I never had this problem with Saint's Row.

If you like sandbox games you really should try out Saint's Row to see how much an impact Havok physics has on this type of game, the physics alone make the price of entry worth it.

Dizzy

Banned
Wasn't it rumoured in EGM at one point? Well that was about it being a launch title...but close enough.

It wouldn't surprise me, and even if Saint's Row doesn't make it to PS3 then the inevitable sequel will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom