• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinch of Salt O'Clock: Japanese Wii Free Roaming Rumblings

According to Nintendo Inside we may be getting a cheaper Wii!?!?
It seems Nintendo's stock has hit a new high on The Nikkei due to a cheaper procurement of CPU's due to a larger order?

Nikkei seem to think Wii will go on the market for 19800 Yen and not 25000Yen!!!
The sales price of Wii assumes 19800 yen.
19:05 Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It seems to expect to be procured at a low price, and the change of the package for CPU of Wii to be a sales assumption price of Wii to 19,800 yen from a past 25,000 yen in the report of Nikko Citigroup according to NIKKEI NET.

Because it is not a free rumor article, you seem may expect this. Do it become a considerable remark that decides an argument in the person who is hesitating whether to still buy Wii?

(Tarecomi Thanks you)
Link to price topic

New Nintendo < Osaka Securities Exchange > hits a new high. (2006/08/15 15:35)

(code 7974 at 15:5) Stretch in succession on the fourth. The year's new high 22,310 yen on July 25 is updated to the first session, and gains have been expanded to the post-place. One o'clock is bought up to 22,810 yen of 590 yen up compared with the day before. It is continuously had a good feeling to have raised the target stock prices from a past 21,700 yen to 25,200 yen though the Nikko Citigroup bond left the investment judgment untouched by "1H" on the tenth. In this report&#65378;It becomes cheap the package for CPU (central operation processor) ..procurement.. ..the expectation.., and it changes from 25,000 yen to assume the sales price of the next generation family-use game machines 'Wii (We)' to 19,800 yen. The number of the domestic sale is expected ..expectation.. ..strong.. to increase by 50 percent so far, too. &#65379;It makes it.

There was a point with "A recent exchange market price's tending to depreciation of the yen in the dollar and Euro becomes a purchaser hanging" (major bond) in the market, too.

..(.. stock prices of Nintendo/company overview/homepage)

* This page is printed.

Also Bloomberg are reporting Nintendo are up to there nexts in the development of brain training and Diet training type games for Wii, and expect them to hit by Xmas?

According to Bloomberg's report, Nintendo seems to be developing software related to dieting for Wii.

"Software related to dieting etc. for 'Training that strengthens the brain' and next generation machine 'Wii' keeps being developed, being progressed from the desire that it wants to make even the person who cannot master the game controller can readily enjoy playing a game, and new range of customers being developed. "

being saidI think that the exercise is good as the possibility of the remote control of Wii. Brain..tray..intellectual training..genre..invent..game..education..useful..think..bring..following..this time..healthy..use..mere..game machine..family..all..locate..do.

Analyst Hideki Yasuda of the ace bond is "Tendency to which the light user buys the game that it will not be caught in a past frame such as 'Training that strengthens the brain' soon by Kon, and the market extends though a terrible game and a wonderful game were popular up to now" and analyzes it. This year's Christmas sales battle was expected that how the light user was acquired would become a point. It is described, "The domination of Nintendo because it plans to put a light game and a casual game new for wii on the market".
Link to Diet games page
All on www.nintendo-inside.jp

Aurora

AniHawk said:
19800 yen = $200 = What I thought it would be
19,800 yen = $170 = £90 = holy shit if true

Edit: Oh. Well if the Wii is priced at £130 or under it will still be wow.

updated first post.
Also to note they expect more Wii to be available for sale now, and according to reports from various sources "A christmas Domination in Japan by Nintendo"

*Waits for native Japanese speakers to dismiss it all!!*

I think they'll prefer to add more in the package than to lower the price.
200-250$ is a very very good price with what we could expect (would like to have) bundled with Wii.
So i'd rather have information about the content, after that i'll start to think about the price.

updated with the original untranslated links on the first post.

Also supposedly Yahoo are reporting a 19800Yen price too now, after some reports!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
With the amount of rumours flying around it sounds like Wii launch details are just around the corner.

230 or 170? Heaven or Hell? Beavis or Butthead? Pepsi or Coke? Tekken or Virtua Fighter? Pizza or Lasagña? Cheerios or Corn Flakes? QFT or IAWTP? Magic or DND? Tiffany or Debbie Gibson? Joey or Chandler? Blue or Green? Kirk or Picard? Gandalf or Merlin?

sp0rsk said:
With the amount of rumours flying around it sounds like Wii launch details are just around the corner.

230 or 170? Heaven or Hell? Beavis or Butthead? Pepsi or Coke? Tekken or Virtua Fighter? Pizza or Lasagña? Cheerios or Corn Flakes? QFT or IAWTP? Magic or DND? Tiffany or Debbie Gibson? Joey or Chandler? Blue or Green? Kirk or Picard? Gandalf or Merlin?

sp0rsk or Amir0x??
From Reggies interview i take it retailers now know the price and date too, so at the Games Convention we'll know too.

Yoboman

Gold Member
They should make a Wii training game that'll have all the various ways you can use the controller, and give training. Or maybe that'll just be Warioware.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Chû Totoro said:
I'm not sure.
Even if it's not the same public eye toy kinetic didn't sell so well.
step-up with a wiimote in my hands ?!?
That's because nobody wanted EyeToy, you wouldn't have to buy a peripheral for this.

ziran

diet training!!

if nintendo does this right, and i think they will, a brain training type game for educating people on foods, diets and healthy eating could be huge!!! and i mean bigger than brain training huge! the world's obsession with fitness and health shoudn't be underestimated.

a 19,800 price for wii would great.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
19800 yen would be pure sex. I could pick up a Wii without a second thought. Nintendo am awesome.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
kia said:
Nintendo FTW, they are on the fire right now.

I just hope all this momentum translates into actual sales.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A 19,800 yen Wii would definitely cost $200 USD, since a 30 dollar USD price premium is not sufficiently large to cause widescale importing rather than buying domestic.

thetrin

Stumpokapow said:
A 19,800 yen Wii would definitely cost $200 USD, since a 30 dollar USD price premium is not sufficiently large to cause widescale importing rather than buying domestic.

Any way you cut it, it won`t happen. Nintendo has never launched a system above $199. Why start now?

Stumpokapow said:
Reminder...

JP NDS Lite - 16800Y
US NDS Lite - 129$

pestul

19800 Yen = Japan dominated on both console/handheld fronts. :p

I honestly hope it's $199 with two controllers Stateside as opposed to one with a $179 pack.

Endgegner

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Reminder...

JP NDS Lite - 16800Y
US NDS Lite - 129$

But the US needed a lower price due to the market situation. The DS lite was flying of the shelves in Japan anyways, they didn't need to go below 16800 Y.

On the other hand, the same could be true for the Wii in NA.

Jonnyram

sp0rsk said:

Debbie Gibson, most definitely.

Gee

I'm still thinking 200 E, and not a penny less.
Europe will be wallet raped once again.

ziran said:
diet training!!

if nintendo does this right, and i think they will, a brain training type game for educating people on foods, diets and healthy eating could be huge!!! and i mean bigger than brain training huge! the world's obsession with fitness and health shoudn't be underestimated.

a 19,800 price for wii would great.

Yeah, a (non) game like this would get so much free publicity in todays health obsessive world, huge potential to be even bigger than Brain Training.

can't wait til the 23rd now(Games Convention), as it looks like this is were we are definately gonna get our info (As to Wii Release ETC), as everyone(Retail, Developers etc) knows apart from the public (and Matt Cassbiscuit). so they(Nintendo) won't want their party spoiled. (By having it all leaked beforehand)

EDIT: Fixed for those who can't tap into my brain

DefectiveReject said:
can't wait til the 23rd now, as it looks like this is were we are definately gonna get our info, as everyone knowd apart from the public (and Matt Cassbiscuit). so they won't want their party spoiled.

what

thefro

LOL @ people believing the $230 price was final.

That's just how the Iwata-led Nintendo is... all about deception and pleasing people.

And Diet Training = megaton sales

TheKingsCrown said:
Maybe in NA, but there isn't a diet problem in Japan like NA is there?
Sumo disagrees!!

According to the BBC today there are now more overweight people in the world than there are malnourished, so its time to diet, and the World Health Organization are pushing Nintendo for

Professor H.Burger
Diet Training
How fat is your Arse?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I look forward to the 30 minute long Diet Training infomercial!

"How easy is it Diane?"
"It's very easy Bob!"

Kobiekun

You can't walk outside in the US without seeing an obese person - but I don't think a Diet Training title will succeed where bowflex, slimfast, and 24 hour fitness have failed. :lol

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Nintendo (DSL + Wii) is going to dominate in Japan this Christmas. It's going to be frightening...especially when shortages kick in and people begin killing each other and selling DSL for $500 on ebay

SuperJ said:
You can't walk outside in the US without seeing an obese person - but I don't think a Diet Training title will succeed where bowflex, slimfast, and 24 hour fitness have failed. :lol

Nintendo don't care about actually reducing the number of fat lazy bastards in the world, Nintendo only care about exploiting their hatred of themselves and their appearance and getting them to purchase software which they will never use once they realise they can't eat it.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
SuperJ said:

Diet Training will use psychology and the speaker in the controller though.

If you put the controller down too soon, it will say:
"Giving up are you? No one will want you now, you fat ****!"

Weight-loss will be achieved through guilt and emotional blackmail ...

Nash said:
Diet Training will use psychology and the speaker in the controller though.

If you put the controller down too soon, it will say:
"Giving up are you? No one will want you now, you fat ****!"

Weight-loss will be achieved through guilt and emotional blackmail ...

Somebody get this man a cookie...a cookie with the voice of God.

Top Bottom