• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EDGE (159) Scores

refreshZ

Didn't see this posted

DoA4 : 7
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Crime : 7
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows: 3
Tokobot: 5
Exit: 8
Super Monkey Ball:Touch 'n' Roll : 5
Popolocrois: 4
Bubble Bobble Revolution: 6
Battles of Prince of Persia: 5
Prince Of Persia Revelations: 5

Agree on Prince Of Persia Revelations - picked it up in Singapore - should have been a cinch to port to PSP but they fucked it up utterly.

ps36zz.jpg

Can't wait for replies...

PD: Ryu ga Gotoku preview :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
before people wonder if they got some news about the PS3, well, no. It's just a long article summing up the whole next generation scene and how the PS3 stands in it.

hadareud

The Translator
boooh! Already available in Singapore, I'm a subscriber in the UK and haven't received it yet.

edit: ahh, fuck. should learn to read.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
"My God! It is full of stars."

Has anyone seen David Bowman?

Also makes me think of War of the Worlds and Independence Day. Even Mars Attacks!

PS3 will make you shape your mashed potatoes into monolithic shapes reminiscent of George Foreman grills!

Oneself

What's so wrong about Tokobot? I picked it up a couple of weeks ago (only had time to play less than 2 hours) and I'm quite pleased with what I've played so far.

warthog

I agree, Tokobot isn't that bad. I haven't really had all that much time to really get into it, but I think it's fun at this moment.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
EDGE has had some great cover recently with the Revolution cover and now with the PS3 cover.

nine words said:
It was expected imo, crappy controls = bad SMB. It also has crappy music compared to the console and other handheld versions, and you would get a 1UP every 10 bananas. While the game looks better then the GBA and N-Gage versions of SMB, it sadly seems to have turned out worse then both of them.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
With a cover like that, it'd be disappointing if there wasn't even any hints at something previously unknown or unreported. Usually Edge articles are so comprehensive relative to others, that something "new" is tucked away, be it explicit or implicit..

So what conclusion does Edge come to? :p Probably none, but I still like to read their analysis. When is this out in the shops?

jenov4

It's been awhile since I've read Edge, but does it still have the nice matte finished cover like the old Next Generation magazines?

fresquito

jj984jj said:
It was expected imo, crappy controls = bad SMB. It also has crappy music compared to the console and other handheld versions, and you would get a 1UP every 10 bananas. While the game looks better then the GBA and N-Gage versions of SMB, it sadly seems to have turned out worse then both of them.
I didn´t know it had crappy controls. I don´t always relate touch sceen control = bad controls. However, if that´s the case, then I will skip this one, for sure.

Did they actually write Partners in Crime? If so that review is invalid as they apparently didn't even notice the actual title of the game.

8bit

Knows the Score
AndoCalrissian said:
Did they actually write Partners in Crime? If so that review is invalid as they apparently didn't even notice the actual title of the game.

I'd imagine that's the fault of whomever transcribed the scores. It seems such a schoolboy mistake.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
AndoCalrissian said:

Nope. It's "in Time" on EDGE.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
jj984jj said:

I actually had a chance to play the Japanese version of SMB DS. The controls seemed really bad at first. The touch pad controls are too 'weak' where it's hard to get up to full speed and hard to stop when you're rolling down slopes. You can play with the d-pad, but it's just the opposite where you start and stop very abruptly. It took me a while to figure out the best control scheme, which was using my left thumb on the d-pad for quick movements (mostly forward and backward) and my right thumb on the touchpad with the thumb stylus for steering and fine movements. It took me a few minutes to adjust but I could actually control it really well after a short while. I haven't read EDGE's review, but if they haven't figured out the 'trick' to controlling it I can definitely see them getting frustrated with it.

The other problem with SMB DS is there's no Monkey Target. -2 points just for that. WTH were you thinking, Sega?

hadareud

The Translator
I got this issue yesterday.

Did anyone notice that in the PS3 article they mention that every PS3 comes equiped with a harddrive as standard?

If this happens (which I doubt) that should make for some interesting threads :D

hadareud said:
I got this issue yesterday.

Did anyone notice that in the PS3 article they mention that every PS3 comes equiped with a harddrive as standard?

If this happens (which I doubt) that should make for some interesting threads :D

Who knows, months ago Kutaragi said it wouldn't because it wouldn't be big enough. But then again, that was months ago. And given that they're setting up Connect for the PSP currently, and are doing the PSP Giga Pack now to make sure people have mem sticks that can handle it, a harddrive would make sense for the PS3.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Super Monkey Ball:Touch 'n' Roll : 5

Arggh shit shit shit. Anyone read the critique? It's the control isn't it, the control isn't good
:(

My biggest fear was they would balls the control like pac n roll.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
anyone got the mag? Can you sum up what they thought was wrong with monkeys balls?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
VideoMan said:
I actually had a chance to play the Japanese version of SMB DS. The controls seemed really bad at first. The touch pad controls are too 'weak' where it's hard to get up to full speed and hard to stop when you're rolling down slopes. You can play with the d-pad, but it's just the opposite where you start and stop very abruptly. It took me a while to figure out the best control scheme, which was using my left thumb on the d-pad for quick movements (mostly forward and backward) and my right thumb on the touchpad with the thumb stylus for steering and fine movements. It took me a few minutes to adjust but I could actually control it really well after a short while. I haven't read EDGE's review, but if they haven't figured out the 'trick' to controlling it I can definitely see them getting frustrated with it.

:lol
nintendo fans

Gigglepoo

Yay, someone finally gave Gauntlet a score it deserves!

Tough luck about Monkey Ball DS, though. I was really looking forward to that. Maybe it's because of a lack of innovation and not fun.

Edit: Apparantly it's because of crappy controls... damn.

Top Bottom