• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father's day god of war ad

lherre

Accurate
I just saw this in the subway here in spain.

AZ0iwZh.jpg

Rough translation

"My dad can beat/be better than yours"

God of war

Happy father's day

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Guess that strongly suggests they are targetting GoW to release this year, not surprising really as it seems a natural bit of counter-programming to Scorpio launch. The series being traditionally a graphical showcase for PS systems.

Midas

Guys, don't jump to conclutions now. This doesnt confirm a release this year in any way. Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

It's just a funny ad, reminding people of the series.

HardRojo

What does "Mi papá le puede al tuyo" mean in Spain Spanish? It doesn't make sense in Latam Spanish as there seems to be a verb missing between "puede" and "al". I know you offered a rough English translation there but I just want to understand why that sentence, as it is, makes sense in Spain Spanish. I'm a native Spanish speaker from Peru btw.

aBarreras

What does "Mi papá le puede al tuyo" mean in Spain Spanish? It doesn't make sense in Latam Spanish as there seems to be a verb missing between "puede" and "al". I know you offered a rough English translation there but I just want to understand why that sentence, as it is, makes sense in Spain Spanish. I'm a native Spanish speaker from Peru btw.

spanish people are like that, never forget ONDA VITAL! a todo gas lobezno

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This suggests to me that the game may be closer than we think, guess we will find out in June.

lherre

Accurate

Básicamente es una frase hecha/expresión aquí en España que indica superioridad de alguien sobre otro. Ese "le puede" en el contexto se puede decir con que puede ganarle en algo, en una pelea normalmente. Pero puede referirse a cualquier cosa dependiendo de lo que se esté hablando.

Básicamente es una frase hecha/expresión aquí en España que indica superioridad de alguien sobre otro. Ese "le puede" en el contexto se puede decir con que puede ganarle en algo, en una pelea normalmente. Pero puede referirse a cualquier cosa dependiendo de lo que se esté hablando.

Translate this for us non speakers!!

cakely

What I got out of this:

The same company that does public transit advertising in Chicago also does it in Spain.

Really? I'm from Colombia and it makes perfect sense. "le puede" = "can", it's only obvious if you're familiar with the expression "mi papá le gana al tuyo" or "my dad can beat yours" that it means, effectively, "mi papá le puede [ganar] al tuyo".

Nestunt

So.. this game has really high chances of being released this year. I was not counting on that.

Still, I maintain my bet that it will have the same release window of The Order and Horizon, but in 2018

Top Bottom