• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony TGS 2015 Conference [Over]

Fbh

Missed it, damn.

Does anybody know if Yakuza HD and Yakuza 6 will get a western release near the Japanese release? Same for Gravity Rush?

Gravity Rush probably (haven't checked).

Yakuza HD and Yakuza 6 no chance. With how Sega is, even if Yakuza 5 gets amazing sales (which I doubt) you are still probably looking at at least 1 year until you see either of those in the west

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I need to watch the conference today, but from the thread titles I've seen in the first page, this is better than E3 .

Holy shit, i just realized 2016 maybe the best year of Japanese games for us
- Ni-Oh
- Gravity Rush 2
- Vanillaware's 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
- Kingdom Hearts II.8
- Final Fantasy XV
- World of FF
- Project Setsuna
- Star Ocean 5

Possible in 2016 for western release?
- Dragon Quest XI
- Yakuza Remake

My life is complete now :')

Holy shit, i just realized 2016 maybe the best year of Japanese games for us
- Ni-Oh
- Gravity Rush 2
- Vanillaware's 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
- Kingdom Hearts II.8
- Final Fantasy XV
- World of FF
- Project Setsuna
- Star Ocean 5

Possible in 2016 for western release?
- Dragon Quest XI
- Yakuza Remake

My life is complete now :')

Please no delays
Pleaseeeeee

Is it even a thing tho? I know Thuway and Tidux have said in the past that NNK2 is being made, but do we have Verendus's stamp? Just knowing that it is happening will be enough for me.

It's still totally up in the air what Level-5's PS4 game is. It may very well not be Ni no Kuni 2 at all, but I have my theories, and they point to NnK2 being a possibility at least. The only problem is the Ghibli situation, and whether they've dismantled completely or are still doing odd jobs here and there. Maybe Level-5 can get by this time without using them at all, who knows.

Percy

Banned
Some really nice sounding stuff announced but the lack of Persona 5 really makes Atlus look like assholes for being so insistent that it's a 2015 game.

No fucking way P5 launches this year if TGS goes by and they're still radio silent on it.

Also, just me or does every new Yakuza related announcement just make you wanna grit your teeth in frustration?

Tizoc

my main highlight of this TGS?
KOF 14
Seriously, when I saw SNK Playmore then the year counter my brain went into overdrive. I don't care about the graphics but the fact it came out of nowhere was the most hype I've been during this thing.
Other notable stuff:
Yakuza 1 Remake
kcVam2q.gif

4yEjvkG.gif

Bloodborne DLC

BTW if someone could link to trailers of all PS4 games shown during TGS, I'd eally appreciate it since I want to show them to my brother when I get back home :3

my main highlight of this TGS?
KOF 14
Seriously, when I saw SNK Playmore then the year counter my brain went into overdrive. I don't care about the graphics but the fact it came out of nowhere was the most hype I've been during this thing.
Other notable stuff:
Yakuza 1 Remake
kcVam2q.gif

4yEjvkG.gif

Bloodborne DLC

BTW if someone could link to trailers of all PS4 games shown during TGS, I'd eally appreciate it since I want to show them to my brother when I get back home :3

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/sceja-press-conference-2015-news

It's crazy to think about, but this was just the first of 3 conferences that Sony will have before the year ends, all of which will persumably have lots of annoncements.

And in the same timeframe Microsoft has nothing planned conference wise, at least as far I'm aware.

crinale

http://www.jp.playstation.com/tgs/games/01.html

Sony listed Final Fantasy Adventure for PSVita as their TGS booth showing.
I knew they didn't just show everything at the conference.
(It does say Final Fantasy Gaiden - Seiken Densetsu -, so I assume it's not the mobile game they currently have).

Edit: Well SE may have been preparing this as the surprise so Sony may take it down from the website lol.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Quick question! Did they show or mentioned/Update anything about Way of the Samurai for PS Vita?

Usobuko

Banned
I already said this numerous time, PlayStation is de facto Japanese game platform. Look at those exclusive or otherwise third party game, no moneyhat needed, the relationship has been established since PlayStation 1 era. It's only because the PS3 failure and HD development hurdle that it feels like the Japanese development stumbled on something, but even then we get gems like Nier, Ni no Kuni, Valkyria Chronicles. This gens they're coming BACK and HARD, if you like Japanese games, PlayStation is the only choice, make no mistake.

MMTJhXS.jpg

For the first time, the number of games I kinda want on PS4 rivals Wii U's. I like these announcements today.

- Bloodborne: The Old Hunters - Release Date: November 24, 2015
- Minna no Golf, 2016
- Gravity Daze for PS4, 12/10
- Gravity Daze 2 for PS4 in 2016
- Yakuza Remake, 1/21/2016 for PS3/PS4
- Yakuza 6 for PS4, Fall 2016
- King of Fighters XIV
- One Piece: Burning Blood for PS4/Vita
- Gundam Extreme Vs-Force for Vita
- Nioh for PS4, 2016
- Star Ocean 5, 2/25/2016
- SaGa Scarlet Grace for Vita, 2016
- Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue, PS4 (Yes, that's the real name)
- Exist Archive, 12/17/2015
- 13 Sentinels for PS4/Vita
- Danganronpa 3 for PS4/Vita
- Dragon Quest Builders is a new genre. Trust me, I'm an expert. Also, release date:

crazyprac

Wow just woke up to all these announced games. Whats even better are the games coming soon!!!! Ahhhhh Omg... I'm already hype for Paris show for hopefully GT7. Like wtf sony is killing it this year. Halllpppp me!

After TGS there are 20 plus games i have to get next year and sony still has 2 more shows.
Going to be buying more games next year than i have in years , remind me of the good old PS1 and PS2 days .

Remastered: February 9, 2016 (NA) and February 10 (EU)
Gravity Rush 2: 2016

Huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMwmaxZc8WE

It's on PS Blog and they even made a trailer with Gravity Rush 2 logo.

Both are confirmed for 2016 in the west.
Sorry, I only read the comments of the PS blog guy and he wasn't clear on the release year for West. Great to know that we are getting it next year along with Japan.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/tgs/games/01.html

Sony listed Final Fantasy Adventure for PSVita as their TGS booth showing.
I knew they didn't just show everything at the conference.
(It does say Final Fantasy Gaiden - Seiken Densetsu -, so I assume it's not the mobile game they currently have).

Edit: Well SE may have been preparing this as the surprise so Sony may take it down from the website lol.
Good find. I was almost sure this was going to be a mobile release, but it could also be a mistake.

It's crazy to think about, but this was just the first of 3 conferences that Sony will have before the year ends, all of which will persumably have lots of annoncements.

And in the same timeframe Microsoft has nothing planned conference wise, at least as far I'm aware.
I keep saying it in the NPD threads, but this is really the time to get Xbox if you are into Halo or some of there other announced exclusives. As soon a December hits, it's going to all playstation for a while. Games across all genres coming exclusively to the platform, and we haven't even seen half of what WWS is doing, 1 or 3 conferences baby.

And then Nintendo comes out with a brand new platform next year! Gaming is going to get some much needed spotlight.

Philippo

In case it wasn't obvious already, 2015 is the year where dead games/series come back to life. Unbelievable stuff.

Next one is gonna be Agent at VGA/PSX, mark my words.

Top Bottom