• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Bundle #1 ($6.00) ($9.20 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Cat Suit Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Dunban Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Link Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Majora's Mask ($0.75) ($1.15 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Mega Man X Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Monkey Suit Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Proto Man Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - SSB T-Shirt ($0.75) ($1.15 with 3DS code)

• Word Search by Powgi (Lightwood Games | Demo)

Wii U | Sales

• Costume Quest 2 (Midnight City | $9.99 until 04/24, then $14.99) Upcoming 04/17
  • Paparazzi - $2.99 thru 4/28 (was $4.99)
  • Lucadian Chronicles DLC (Dark Roast Ent. | $4.99 until 04/28, then $7.99) Upcoming 04/21
  • Darts Up - $1.49 thru 5/14 (was $2.99)
  • Breezeblox (Pugsley LLC | $4.99 Permanent, was $9.99)

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• StreetPass Mii Plaza (Nintendo)
    Battleground Z ($4.99 | Both $7.99)
    Ultimate Angler ($4.99 | Both $7.99)

• Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Bundle #1 ($6.00) ($9.20 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Cat Suit Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Dunban Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Link Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Majora's Mask ($0.75) ($1.15 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Mega Man X Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Monkey Suit Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Proto Man Set ($0.75) ($1.15 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - SSB T-Shirt ($0.75) ($1.15 with Wii U code)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Code of Princess (until 04/27) Upcoming 04/20
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl (until 04/27) Upcoming 04/20
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D - $4.99 thru 4/30 (was $9.99)
  • Castle Conqueror EX - $2.79 thru 5/7 (was $3.99)
  • Fairune - $1.99 thru 5/7 (was $2.99)
  • Parking Star 3D - $1.99 thru 5/7 (was $2.99)
  • Darts Up 3D - $1.49 thru 5/14 (was $2.99)

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Bundle #1 (€6.32 | £5.52) (€9.52 | £8.72 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Cat Suit Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Dunban Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Link Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Majora's Mask (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Mega Man X Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Monkey Suit Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Proto Man Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with 3DS code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - SSB T-Shirt (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with 3DS code)

• Pandora's Tower (Nintendo | €14.99 | £13.49 until 04/23, then €19.99 | £17.99)
    PS_Wii_PandorasTower_enGB_search_thumb.png

• StreetPass Mii Plaza (Nintendo)
    StreetPass Zombies (€4.99 | £4.49 | Both €7.99 | £7.19)
    StreetPass Fishing (€4.99 | £4.49 | Both €7.99 | £7.19)

• Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Bundle #1 (€6.32 | £5.52) (€9.52 | £8.72 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Cat Suit Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Dunban Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Link Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Majora's Mask (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Mega Man X Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Monkey Suit Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - Proto Man Set (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with Wii U code)
    Mii Fighter Costume - SSB T-Shirt (€0.79 | £0.69) (€1.19 | £1.09 with Wii U code)

• Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition (Nintendo | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Best of Board Games - Mahjong (Bigben Interactive) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends April 30, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Best of Arcade Games - Brick Breaker (Bigben Interactive) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends April 30, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Best of Arcade Games - Bubble Buster (Bigben Interactive) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends April 30, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Best of Board Games - Solitaire (Bigben Interactive) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends April 30, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Best of Arcade Games - Air Hockey (Bigben Interactive) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends April 30, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Best of Board Games - Chess (Bigben Interactive) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends April 30, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Best of Arcade Games - Tetraminos (Bigben Interactive) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends April 30, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Best of Board Games (Bigben Interactive) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends April 30, normally €24.99/£19.99)
  • Best of Arcade Games (Bigben Interactive) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends April 30, normally €24.99/£19.99)
  • Best of Casual Games (Bigben Interactive) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends April 30, normally €24.99/£19.99)
  • Parking Star 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.25 (Ends May 7, normally €2.99/£2.49)
  • Fairune (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends May 7, normally €2.99/£2.39)
  • Castle Conqueror EX (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.39 (Ends May 7, normally €3.99/£3.19)

uxwGK.png

• Surechigai Mii Hiroba <StreetPass Mii Plaza> (Nintendo)
    Surechigai Zombie (¥476 | Both ¥741)
    Surechigai Fishing (¥476 | Both ¥741)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Reposting for the new page that if you bought a previous StreetPass DLC game, you qualify for the "Thank-You Bundle" which makes both new SP games cost $6.99 instead of $7.99.

Shauni

Man, Europe gets both Pandora's Tower and the Puzzles & Dragons demo. I know a lot of people have been waiting for DK64, but I'd so trade those if I could.

Ladekabel

Anyone else having problems with the New 3DS downloading in standby? Tried it several times and it doesn't start when I close the system.

maxcriden

Elliot Quest, EU guys. So friggin' good. Hopefully the patch issues are taken care of soon, I know they're actoverly working on them.

Benedict

When will Majoras Mask start to be good?
Just started the tour in the swamp area.
So far nothing is making me enjoy this game.

Bought myself DK64 and Affordable Space Adventures today. DK is one of my all time favourites and I haven't played it in at least a decade so I'm super excited. ASA should be great for me and the gf as well.

donny2112

Treating this as sort of a general Nintendo discussion thread, but I think we're due for a new WuHu Island based game. Wii Sports Resort was 2009. Pilotwings Resort was 2011. Wii Fit U was 2013. We need more WuHu island! Would love to know more about the past cultures on the island with the ruins, cave system, and volcano (always ripe fodder for stories) with like a WuHu RPG or something featuring Mii characters!

Reposting for the new page that if you bought a previous StreetPass DLC game, you qualify for the "Thank-You Bundle" which makes both new SP games cost $6.99 instead of $7.99.

Sweet!

The dungeons are standard fare. What I enjoyed about the game was the effort to get all the masks and thus the backstories that are revealed in that effort.

I liked the build up to getting to the dungeons. I remember Nintendo saying that they wanted Skyward Sword to feel like getting to a dungeon was like a dungeon in itself. I feel that they already sort of accomplished this in Majora's Mask.

Shauni

Treating this as sort of a general Nintendo discussion thread, but I think we're due for a new WuHu Island based game. Wii Sports Resort was 2009. Pilotwings Resort was 2011. Wii Fit U was 2013. We need more WuHu island! Would love to know more about the past cultures on the island with the ruins, cave system, and volcano (always ripe fodder for stories) with like a WuHu RPG or something featuring Mii characters!

I seem to recall that neither Wii Fit U or Wii Play U did very well, so I don't know if they're going to continue that brand or not, unfortunately.

maxcriden

Have you played OOT? The game kind of riffs on some shared characters between the two so that might help your enjoyment.

Also, I hope you are playing the 3DS version which is much more straightforward than the N64 one.

The game starts to realy pick up once you beat the first dungeon, I suppose. I dunno, though. I just replayed it for the first time in 15 years and started loving it pretty early on in the game. I suppose it does get much better once the game opens up a bit after that first dungeon, though.

Are you using the reverse song of time? That helps quite a bit. It's also a game where you will really benefit from going for 100% and exploring every nook and cranny. The game will feel a bit lean otherwise, a lot of the meat of the game is in that sidequest aspect of it.

Have you spent a lot of time in Clock Town yet and/or just exploring the town and world, and discovering its secrets? That really increased my enjoyment of the game.

I liked the build up to getting to the dungeons. I remember Nintendo saying that they wanted Skyward Sword to feel like getting to a dungeon was like a dungeon in itself. I feel that they already sort of accomplished this in Majora's Mask.

That's true. I think in Skyward's case though the overworld areas were set up more like a dungeon, so that added considerably to that feeling. I see what you mean in Majora, though, esp. with the Swamp and Stone Tower!

I seem to recall that neither Wii Fit U or Wii Play U did very well, so I don't know if they're going to continue that brand or not, unfortunately.

It's too bad because WFU is incredibly fun and great exercise. Just a terrific evolution of the original Wii Fit concept.

What is Wii Play U, BTW? You mean Wii Party U, right?

donny2112

WuHu Island is its own IP, so I hope it keeps coming back. Would love to see a more focused game on it like an RPG, as well.

TheMoon

BTW, really diggin' DKC. Thanks again for the recommendation!

You love Scram Kitty. I would've assumed you had been kidnapped and replaced by an alien or robot if you didn't like the DKC games. :D

Somewhere around the 1 second mark.

Think local multiplayer will work? Does it work on MK GBA?

Think about it. How would the local multiplayer of a handheld game work on a console? You can't have two instances of the same emulator running at the same time. You can't randomly hook up two consoles and two TVs for LAN-play. It should be quite obvious that this will not work for any handheld game (obvious exceptions are ones that are played on one single system like AW).

GulAtiCa

Luckily Mario Kart DS has awesome SP content and is fun to play offline. Esp since it has a item discovery stat unlike other versions. Some carts & players gets better items then others. ROB gets the best items (or more frequently).

My favorite was using ROB on 50CC maps, wait at starting line for 1st to lap me. Then I would go immediately and get star/lightning/etc and get 1st place by end of race.

Xenoboy

So, I bought Pandora's Tower and finished the first tower.
I was playing on the gamepad and so far it controls okay. Needs more getting used to.
Aside from that, it's a very nice game. I do think that the 1st tower was a bit on the short side though.
I can't let Elena down!

tolkir

So, I bought Pandora's Tower and finished the first tower.
I was playing on the gamepad and so far it controls okay. Needs more getting used to.
Aside from that, it's a very nice game. I do think that the 1st tower was a bit on the short side though.

Thanks, I needed a brave person to test the gamepad before to buy it. :p

Xenoboy

Thanks, I needed a brave person to test the gamepad before to buy it. :p

You can also control the Wii home screen with the analog stick, don't know if you can do that on a real Wii.
It's mostly just becoming comfortable with the right analog stick.

TheMoon

How do the two relate? Just that you and I tend to have similar tastes? :)

Just meant they're awesome action platformers with animal characters and cool music. :D

You can also control the Wii home screen with the analog stick, don't know if you can do that on a real Wii.
It's mostly just becoming comfortable with the right analog stick.

You can. The GamePad turns into a Classic Controller. You could control the Wii menu with the Classic Controller in both the original Wii and in Wii Mode.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

I loved Ikana Canyon/Stone Tower for exactly that. The whole place felt like one giant dungeon in a way.

cacildo

Im sorry, i really lost all the discussion about DK64. I bet the answers are scattered around threads from the last two weeks, so i have to ask it again

- So.... there´s no way to make widescreen work?
- (did nobody got pissed with this?)

Chopper

So... Puzzle & Dragons.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

I love me a match-3 puzzler, but the mechanic here is really alien to me.

Camjo-Z

So... Puzzle & Dragons.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

I love me a match-3 puzzler, but the mechanic here is really alien to me.

It's not too hard to learn, just make sure to use the time limit to the fullest and set up as many combos as you can before you're forced to drop your orb.

GulAtiCa

Thank you NoA for your gracious mention of a fantastic and unique addition to the 3DS lineup.

gj7gjlbjeuqw.png

? I don't get this comment?

Kappa is sarcasm right? Isn't A-Train 3D pretty good? A lot of people here were hyped and going out of their way to recommend the game here in this thread recently. Sorry little confused at the meme post being here in this context.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
? I don't get this comment?

Kappa is sarcasm right? Isn't A-Train 3D pretty good? A lot of people here were hyped and going out of their way to recommend the game here in this thread recently. Sorry little confused at the meme post being here in this context.

He's probably upset that they shoved it into the "Also new" section is my guess.

Top Bottom