• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origin site-wide 30% off promo (works on Mass Effect DLC)

Ralemont

not me
From Reddit:

There was a thread about this last night, but it seems to have been deleted. I figured it was worth posting again since a lot of people (me included) have been dying for a sale and they so rarely ever happen.

How to use:

Open Origin client and go into game details
Click "Buy Now" on any of the DLC and see a screen that tells you how many BioWare Points you need
Click "Continue" and you'll see this screen: http://i.imgur.com/AFTezX6.png
Click "Promo Code" (code is ORIGIN30) and you can enter it.

You can't add all the DLC to a "cart" and check out all at once, but you can buy each DLC individually and apply the code each time. I purchased 6 separate items from both Mass Effect 2 and 3 yesterday (for $46! my cheapgamer heart hurts) and I was able to apply it to all of them.

GameStop Trilogy Sale $10.19:

If you're on PC, you might be interested in getting the trilogy (Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 and DLC for 1) to go along with the DLC sale.

What's the cheapest way to get everything? Are the "Deluxe" editions a good buy?:

I think the cheapest way to get all the games and story DLC is to avoid the ME2 and 3 Deluxe Editions; they either don't include any story DLC or are much more expensive than the trilogy on sale. Buy the trilogy for $10 ($30 regular price), buy the ME3 Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade ($10, includes From Ashes among other things; From Ashes is $10 by itself), and then individually buy the other DLC you want. Check out /u/rowan72's excellent DLC FAQ for overviews of each DLC if you're undecided.

Steam versions vs. Origin versions:

This old comment says that ME 1 and 2 Steam keys should work to activate games in Origin. Look for "CD Key" in your Steam library.

DLC summary mentioned above.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Mass Effect DLC in sale?

tumblr_nwdebe0OiU1uivhlwo1_250.gif

Ralemont

not me
Probably should mention the promo code is ORIGIN30 somewhere, OP. :)

Thanks, thought it was in the quote but was wrong.

Which DLCs for 2 and 3 are actually worth getting?

I included a link to the DLC FAQ about that in an edit, but basically Lair of the Shadow Broker, Citadel, Leviathan, and the Extended Cut (free) are ones I'd consider important. Overlord and Omega are both very good imo, Omega especially if you like ME3 combat.

cwistofu

I'm in class now, but if I were to buy the trilogy and all the non-cosmetic DLC, how much (roughly) am I looking to spend? More than $20? $30?

And ME3 has no steam version, is it possible to still transfer saves from ME2 steam to ME3 Origin?

Ralemont

not me
EXCLUDES STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY,
I think this part is the reason. but not sure.

Well, the Reddit OP confirmed it worked for him on ME DLC. Just to check, you're following the instructions in the quote right?

So I guess the big question is, if I already own all the DLC on ME3 on 360, would it be worth it to pick it up on PC...on one hand, no real reason to double dip, on the other hand...load times.

Zojirushi

Lolwut ME DLC on sale? Man finally jumping into the Citadel DLC after all these years of being salty over ME3 would be weird as fuuuuck :D

diaspora

So I guess the big question is, if I already own all the DLC on ME3 on 360, would it be worth it to pick it up on PC...on one hand, no real reason to double dip, on the other hand...load times.

PC version has downsampling, 60fps, and mods. Easily worth it.

Funny thing is it works for games:
kmwbqf.png

I assume they blocked purchase of points on my region.

It works on ME3 DLC too.
pbnnji.png

As far as I can tell the logo on the Bioware Points logo is the key. If it is EA it works, if it is bioware it doesn't.

I wouldn't expect anything less from EA.

For people having trouble getting it working: I've noticed that the promo code only works if you buy off of ME3's DLC page, not ME2's.

Thank you OP, the instructions work for me (Poland) as described.

For people having trouble getting it working: I've noticed that the promo code only works if you buy off of ME3's DLC page, not ME2's.

Not the case for me. ME2 worked too. Maybe it's region based issue, maybe it's something related to point amounts? I grabbed the biggest packs all the time.

Thank you OP, the instructions work for me (Poland) as described.

Not the case for me. ME2 worked too. Maybe it's region based issue, maybe it's something related to point amounts? I grabbed the biggest packs all the time.

I tested the point amounts so it isn't that, but it may be region because i'm in Canada.

Effect

This work on the Dragon Age Inquisition DLC? Would like to finally the final DLC to fully finish the story.

Deadstar

The steam versions of Mass Effect 1 and 2 include all dlc for these two games right? So the only thing I'd need to buy would be Mass Effect 3 and all the dlc on Origin?

Nzyme32

The steam versions of Mass Effect 1 and 2 include all dlc for these two games right? So the only thing I'd need to buy would be Mass Effect 3 and all the dlc on Origin?

They do not, as far as I am aware - at least for Mass Effect 2. There is a whole Liara DLC thing which isn't available on Steam

Steam version of ME1 doesn't come with Pinnacle Station but is on the Origin version. If the steam version of ME2 is the same as the digital deluxe version on Origin, you have From Ashes and the N7 weapons bundle but there's a bunch of other stuff you won't have. I think everything is listed here

Deadstar

Maybe I'm missing something but how do you find dlc in Origin? I can't find it in the store. What a piece of crap this whole system is. Also why do they sell a Trilogy that doesn't include the dlc? You kidding me?1

Maybe I'm missing something but how do you find dlc in Origin? I can't find it in the store. What a piece of crap this whole system is. Also why do they sell a Trilogy that doesn't include the dlc? You kidding me?1

Of course they don't include the DLC and they are not the only ones that do things like that by any rate, though some other pubs do throw the DLCs in.

Fastest way to get to DLC list (once you have the game) is left clicking game in library and clicking on "info" icon, or right clicking game in library and clicking "show properties" text. Scroll down. This is however by no means universal, but what applies to ME2 & ME3. Mirror's Edge DLC is a separate "app" altogether. BF seems to split its DLCs into two pools for whatever reason. It probably goes on.

You can find most dlc just by searching for it on the store but the Mass Effect games have their own system. You have to own the games first and then you can see the dlc available on their info page in your library.

SugarDave

Bought all the DLC. I feel dirty about it, still way too fucking expensive. If they go on sale or something soon, I'm gonna top myself.

Shit, maybe I'll actually play ME3 now. I kept holding off since I wanted the DLC as well, but then saw how expensive it was, and then I just kind of never did anything with it

Bought all the DLC. I feel dirty about it, still way too fucking expensive. If they go on sale or something soon, I'm gonna top myself.

Don't worry too much about the latter. BioWare Points go on sale REALLY rarely, and even regular EA DLC is basically what EA counts on for people to buy while cutting prices of everything else. Honestly if not for that policy ME trilogy for 15€ and less (or as a part of Origin Axis, I guess) would be shockingly good value, though I imagine early adopters feel differently about this.

Anyway it isn't technically impossible for EA to merge the whole BSN DLC system into normal Origin framework at some point and then get discounted on a more regular basis, but given they didn't do that yet, I sort of don't expect that to happen.

Deadstar

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. If I calculated correctly it's over $30 for all the dlc for an old game. Granted, it's one of the best trilogies of all time but still. There should be a collection with the whole package. Having to buy each dlc separately is a huge pain. I'm going to pass. I'd rather buy Doom than pay for this old game I already played.

Red Hood

Banned
Thanks for the heads up, but no thanks.

It's pretty sad that a 30% discount on DLC for six and four year old games respectively is making people (including myself) go crazy. But I've already accepted the fact I'll never play (nor do I want) the DLC for their current prices if the main games - one of the very best from last gen - hit dirt prices quite frequently. And I don't think they'll ever get a decent discount on Origin as well, so I might as well indoctrinate (no pun intended) myself that the DLC doesn't exist.

Uhm, speaking of, what were we talking about?

Big Nikus

They better not announce a remaster or an Ultimate Trilogy Edition during E3.
I know they won't.
Yeah. They don't do that, they won't, ever.
I'm gonna buy the trilogy and all the DLC. I'm safe. I'm safe.

SugarDave

Just a heads up, all of the ME2 DLC now shows up in my registered game content on the BSN with a download link, so presumably you'll be able to get it for your steam version if that's where you're wanting to play it.

Dmax3901

Been holding out for the ME3 DLC to get cheaper for four years. Gonna check it out when I get home and see if it's worth it in AUD.

Top Bottom