• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: "Bringing more than hype, bringing Games"

nHk6tzF.png

Sounds like they might have a few surprised up their sleeves for E3. Wonder what they could be...

Phantom Dust 2? PGR5/Reboot? Otogi 3? Midtown Madness 4? Shadow Complex 2?

In other news, there will be games and new stuff for the biggest trade games show of the year. More than just hype.

Who would have thought?

Squalor

Was this really worthy of a thread?

What was Spencer supposed to say?

"We're only bringing hype to E3. No games."

I mean, really.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
It's kind of sad that this has to be pointed out, maybe not on a forum but websites that cover it at news. Video games at a video game conference? Well I'll be damned.

Not that I'm complaining.

First post-launch E3 for both MS and Sony.
Very important to reveal lots of software to make those early adopters feel secure in the future of their purchase, and for potential new buyers.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What? E3 is a place for charts, graphs, and posturing. What are games doing there!

jbug617

Banned
So we should expect to see:

Forza Horizon 2
Halo 2 Anniversary
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Fable Legends
3rd Party stuff

Needs more mystery.

Microsoft is getting a lot of shit right now, but they've had the better exlusive lineup since this gen started. Granted, a lot of that is that Sony put so much focus on late gen PS3 first party stuff, so it could change, but let's give them some credit there.

If Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break impress and you have some cool indies and perhaps exclusives (Platinum, you say?), I might bite, Phil.

Tevren

Games shown at a games show? Good to see thinking outside the Xbox.

Seriously, may as well have tweeted water is wet.

So we should expect to see:

Forza Horizon 2
Halo 2 Anniversary
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Fable Legends
3rd Party stuff

Needs more mystery.

D4 will hopefully make an appearance? I'd also be very surprised if they didn't have any more first party stuff to show off.

What could they possibly still announce though? Forza Horizon and Halo 2 have already leaked. SO, Fable and QB still don't really have any gameplay shown and they also already announced Gears of War. They might have one or two surprises, but I don't see any megatons thanks to ntkrnl

farisr

I was really happy with the npd results yesterday (no console wars BS) even though they weren't what I predicted, because it could cause MS to go the extra mile at this E3. Really looking forward to their E3 conference.

E92 M3

I am wondering why you guys are so interested in Quantum Break? I just can't see it being that special, especially with that live action crap tied-in. That said, Phil most likely meant that besides the typical trailers that induce hype, there will be as much gameplay as possible. Less celebrities, cars from the floor, and general shenanigans - more pure gameplay. Most likely that's what he meant.

Top Bottom