• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM Live* - 2/05 - R&C: Size Matters

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/Podcasts/EGM/020507.mp3

They have some High Impact people on where they talk about Rachet and Clank: Size Matters on the PSP. Sounds really interesting. They seem to be pretty into PSP development. They say they have a lot more to squeeze out of the PSP.

This is what I think EGM should be...developer interviews and a deeper look into the magazine...not 1up Yours' bastard stepchild.

Great interview.

Sounds like a certain NeoGAF Resistance Clan member wasn't just pulling our chain when he was teasing us about seeing R&C stuff in the lobby chat...

:D

I cannot wait!

Derps

Banned
I think I fell asleep listening to the Ratchet segment. PARTICLES ARE OVER 9000 lol this game is funny like Pixar... don't you ever compare Ratchet to Pixar Shane..

I'm really looking forward to Size Matters especially after the 1up guys said it was more platformy along the lines of R&C 1+2. And R&C PS3 is definitely one of my most anticipated games, I'm desperate for some next-gen 3D platformer/adventure goodness.

Wollan

jstevenson said:

It's on now.

Let me just cross one out on my guess list for Insomniac happenings in 2007:

- Ratchet and Clank announced with details in Feb. CHECK!
- Worldwide Resistance online play enabled for EU March launch alongside other changes.
- First Resistance map package ($) ready to go late April/May (free download in August, my personal guess).
- Disruptor released on PSN Store in June.
- Insomniac 'E-distribution' game released in August.
- Second Resistance map package ($) ready to go in October (free download in January, my personal guess).
- Ratchet and Clank: Going for brokebacked released in November.
- Second Insomniac 'E-distribution' game in Feb 2008.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So the Resistance map packages become free just a couple months later? That's some awesome shit

Sweet, my favorite 1up podcast. And that's not a sleight against the others, they're all great, but I really like the more relaxed atmosphere of this one.

Ceb

So both the new EGM and EDGE should be out in mid-February? 1½-2 weeks from now? Sweet, can't wait for some new R&C + MGS4 stuff.

diunxx

jstevenson said:

hell-yeah.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
VERY

VERY

HAPPY

That Resistance online play will go worldwide in March. I've played Resistance online for all of 20 mins since I got my PS3 since I can't play with you guys and it's been very depressing missing out on what is supposedly an amazing online title.

I look forward to playing with you all in March!

Thank you Insomniac for making worldwide play a reality.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
That interview was pretty crappy. Shane shoulda just thrown out the "We all know your game is awesome, but how awesome is it really?"

I'll listen to the rest after work. So far, needs more game.com

Wollan

Bebpo said:

Please don't get confused, that was just a personal guess by me. They've only said they are working on making the servers international but they haven't promised anything or put a date on it.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Holy shit, I need to start a gif folder JUST for your gifs.
:lol
Bebpo said:
VERY

VERY

HAPPY

That Resistance online play will go worldwide in March. I've played Resistance online for all of 20 mins since I got my PS3 since I can't play with you guys and it's been very depressing missing out on what is supposedly an amazing online title.

I look forward to playing with you all in March!

I think those were Wollan's guesses, though there are hints that it might indeed happen.

edit: beaten by Wollan himself. ;P

Bebpo

Banned
Wollan said:
Please don't get confused, that was just a personal guess by me. They've only said they are working on making the servers international but they haven't promised anything or put a date on it.

J-Rzez

I would imagine it'd be hard to launch RnC this year... but, if it does in November, it'd give the PS3 a nice boost for the holidays!

Just I hope it's not rushed... I love these games and really really look forward to it... I'm psych'd :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
J-Rzez said:
I would imagine it'd be hard to launch RnC this year... but, if it does in November, it'd give the PS3 a nice boost for the holidays!
Why would it be hard to believe?

J-Rzez

Bad_Boy said:
Why would it be hard to believe?

Well, I guess it'd be depending on when production started for this... did it start months before Resistance was finished? When it was finished? For some reason I'm stuck in a mentality that these games probably take over a year to produce... I have no idea why... But, I guess it could hit this year if they were working on it while they were putting finishing touches on Resistance?

I mean, if it comes out matching the quality or exceeding the other ones as far as game depth/story, then shoot, sign me up! I'm just hoping for an Uber-RnC on the PS3 since I'm very impressed what they've done so far on this new machine... They show they have a great grasp on it...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
J-Rzez said:
Well, I guess it'd be depending on when production started for this... did it start months before Resistance was finished? When it was finished? For some reason I'm stuck in a mentality that these games probably take over a year to produce... I have no idea why... But, I guess it could hit this year if they were working on it while they were putting finishing touches on Resistance?

I mean, if it comes out matching the quality or exceeding the other ones as far as game depth/story, then shoot, sign me up! I'm just hoping for an Uber-RnC on the PS3 since I'm very impressed what they've done so far on this new machine... They show they have a great grasp on it...
Yeah, R&C development began before resistance finished. Check Wollan's link for the demonstration of the R&C engine we saw march 06 (which would mean, the engine was in works well before then). But I'm sure R&C development went full force when Resistance was finished. It wouldnt surprise me if we saw R&C @ the end of 2007. Not in the least honestly.

Chris_C

Bad_Boy said:
Yeah, R&C development began before resistance finished. Check Wollan's link for the demonstration of the R&C engine we saw march 06 (which would mean, the engine was in works well before then). But I'm sure R&C development went full force when Resistance was finished. It wouldnt surprise me if we saw R&C @ the end of 2007. Not in the least honestly.

Me neither, Insomniac have proven they are capable of creating a AAA original IP from scratch and on time for a console launch. Assuming RnC PS3 was under develeopment bu a skeleton crew since sometime in 05, working on concept art, game design and the engine, I wouldn't bet against an 07 release.

Of course, I'm sure Sony will want to spread out the release of RnC and the ND game. I'm thinking we'll either see the ND game or RnC by years end.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Chris_C said:
Me neither, Insomniac have proven they are capable of creating a AAA original IP from scratch and on time for a console launch. Assuming RnC PS3 was under develeopment bu a skeleton crew since sometime in 05, working on concept art, game design and the engine, I wouldn't bet against an 07 release.

Of course, I'm sure Sony will want to spread out the release of RnC and the ND game. I'm thinking we'll either see the ND game or RnC by years end.
Yeah I agree with that. Its not surprising to think R&C or ND's game are 2007 titles. Though when you start putting the titles together, it starts to sound really amazing. Imagine if they could release ND's game, R&C, Wipeout, and Killzone... all within 4 months of each other.

So many games come out that are at least as good as half of the titles that Shane spooges all over, but if they aren't on a Sony platform, he really doesn't give a shit. The guy once made a somewhat amusing foil on 1up Yours, but ultimately objective, platform-agnostic participants make for much better podcasts. See Played and Player One.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
So many games come out that are at least as good as half of the titles that Shane spooges all over, but if they aren't on a Sony platform, he really doesn't give a shit. The guy is a somewhat amusing foil on 1up Yours, but ultimately objective, platform-agnostic participants make for much better podcasts. See Played and Player One.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever son. On 1up he even agrees when someone says that DMC4 and MGS4 will come to 360, that's how much of a PS3 fan he is. He's the least biased one on the crew IMO, and if anything, he's pro Nintendo.

Anyway, this topic doesn't get enough attention, we just got confirmation of R&C PS3 media coming soon, title change plzkthx.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
beermonkey@tehbias said:
So many games come out that are at least as good as half of the titles that Shane spooges all over, but if they aren't on a Sony platform, he really doesn't give a shit. The guy once made a somewhat amusing foil on 1up Yours, but ultimately objective, platform-agnostic participants make for much better podcasts. See Played and Player One.

You know, you sony/shane haters, keep forgetting shane is a nintendo fanboy FIRST.

Top Bottom