• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 2 ARG?

Basch

Just voted for Brown. Obviously, everyone else was thinking the same thing I was. :lol He knows about the Chimera. He knows about the cure; the virus. He knows the risks, and he always looks out for everyone else. Nice guy. Though, I don't think it will work. Even though he has experience and knows of the threat, I feel he disregards rational thinking. This may not be the best for psychological reasons. By the way, this whole thing got me wondering why they would rely on Cassie's psych reports to find an ideal candidate. No theory for that one. Just thought I would bring it up. It's not like they're struggling against the Angel's and Hive Mind's telepathy already. I think the only thing we can assume is that it has importance. So I tried evaluating all three psychologically, just like she would. In real life, I wouldn't be able to vote for any, but since I'm sitting behind a computer... :D

Danby would have been the ideal candidate and at the top of my list if it wasn't for one small problem: his naivety. I think he would be able to handle whatever mind f#cks the experiment would cause, but the fact that he doesn't know what all these mind f#cks are about leaves him scared and alone. Poor guy. Be a prime example of... "You can't handle the truth." Protein cell manipulation my a$$. He's in for a rude awakening. Kind of frail. Makes me wonder why they sent him here in the first place. He's just ready to break. The fact that he is intellectually adept only during observation will make matters even worse. Emotional train wreck incoming. Kind of like the last experiment, but he was already a pushover. Capelli is a nut bag. I can't believe the scientists didn't expect that reaction.

I would like to note one last thing. If you could jump back to June 13th when Insomniac premiered R2 on SpikeTV. The Chicago level they were showing off had tons of dialogue flying by the screen. You could catch names such as Hawthorne, Capelli (b!tch lives!!!), Carter (?), and I think Brown... not for sure. I'll get back to 'ya on that.

EDIT: No Carter or Brown in the Qore video, but there is a Warner. I'll look for the original video for a closer look. Hopefully those three (Hawthore, Capelli, and Warren) were not the one's squished by the Leviathan in that E3 demo. :lol

EDIT 2: Watching E3 press conference. Seems the buddies by Hale are not any of the above three. Lowly private speaks up to command asking if they can engage. Found new name: Blake. Blake is the one that gave a negative response. Kind of funny since the guys are like just standing there right in front of the damn thing.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
RobertM said:
Veronica Belmont said they will have a big demo for the next Qore, I wonder if Resistance is it or could it be Soul Calibur?

This is wank! Given the opportunity I'd buy Qore but of course the EU gets it dry and sideways.

RobertM said:
Veronica Belmont said they will have a big demo for the next Qore, I wonder if Resistance is it or could it be Soul Calibur?

SC wouldn't be a big demo because it'd already be out by that time. It'd be nice if it had something to do with the Street Fighter surprise Capcom has been saying is coming for Sony fans. A SF4 demo would be amazing. :)

Concept17

Any chance the picture of those guys could be the people we'll be playing as in the co-op campaign? Could one of them be a cloven?

The_Inquisitor said:
This is really cool, however I am having a hard time piecing everything together from start. Could GAF help out?
I'm looking into making a summery video to recap what we know so far. It would make the OP Much easier to read.

andycapps said:
Results of latest experiment supposed to be up at 3 PM EST. :D
Yep. The wait is back on! :D

Also of note, at Comic-Con after the Battlestar Galactica panel, they handed out fliers for America First America Only. Also at least one USB Flashdrive. The contents were an image of a newspaper from the AFAO site, and a 90MB quicktime video that was just 4 videos from Project Abraham strung together. Celina from Unfiction sat behind the guy who got the Flashdrive, and he let her copy the contents which The Bruce then uploaded.

Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7_RiRoruy8

Issun23

If you press on the red button on the tape to the left of the main screen you get Dr Alkin's views on Brown's choice.

And Brown's reaction has been added to the video section. I don't know if this is old. Not for me anyways. :D

n1n9tean

Banned
Buttonbasher said:
Yep. The wait is back on! :D

Also of note, at Comic-Con after the Battlestar Galactica panel, they handed out fliers for America First America Only. Also at least one USB Flashdrive. The contents were an image of a newspaper from the AFAO site, and a 90MB quicktime video that was just 4 videos from Project Abraham strung together. Celina from Unfiction sat behind the guy who got the Flashdrive, and he let her copy the contents which The Bruce then uploaded.

Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7_RiRoruy8

While I was looking the woman in the beginning of that video (through the patient's eyes) I coudn't help but say out loud, "the FUCK you smilin' at me for, I'm in PAIN!"

andycapps said:
Wondering if they'll put up a video of what happened to him when he was injected with the serum. Good going us, I guess. I didn't vote for him!
The videos up. I had to clear my cache though.

It's pretty graphic...

Holy shit, he puked his innards!

Issun23

Buttonbasher said:

It's pretty graphic...

Where is it? Video section?

EDIT: Found it, it's in his dossier. Bloody hell, that must be really painful. :lol

FirewalkR

Buttonbasher said:
Also of note, at Comic-Con after the Battlestar Galactica panel, they handed out fliers for America First America Only.

BSG and Resistance universe is the same!!! MEGATON!!!! Now we know why in the last episode of the fourth season
Earth was in cinders, which basically means despite Hale's best efforts, we lose
!!! :D

noonche

Buttonbasher said:

It's pretty graphic...

I can't find it. I see a video in his dossier, but I don't know how to play it. It's not showing up in the video section...

alske said:
I can't find it. I see a video in his dossier, but I don't know how to play it. It's not showing up in the video section...
I clicked the screen on the main page and the new video played automatically.

alske said:
Did you try clearing your cache? It should play when you click the video section.

FredFish

Did anyone else submit their psych test? I got an e-mail requesting that I verify but when I cut and paste the response addy I get a message that I'm an unknown user. Anyone have any luck with this?

FredFish said:
Did anyone else submit their psych test? I got an e-mail requesting that I verify but when I cut and paste the response addy I get a message that I'm an unknown user. Anyone have any luck with this?
There was some issue with if you already signed up for the contact link on the site.

Other than that I dunno.

Basch

How come every vote I make goes with the majority. I'm not used to it. I normally am part of the minority. :lol Everything is proceeding as expected. When I voted for Brown, I knew he would probably die. But I viewed it as buying time for Danby with the best case scenario. More so, Danby is starting to realize the situation he is in. Just like I had hoped. He is starting to reevaluate the logistics behind the experiments. Kind of shocking to hear he wanted to administer the injection, but only serves to help him more. Still, even though this removed a bit of his naivety, I don't think he is ready. He still has yet to experience a range of emotions before I give him my vote. I don't think he is psychologically prepared this week. He's getting the specifics, but hasn't tapped into the emotional gamut. Plus, I want to hear a bit more before I decide the cure is completely based on the specimen's psyche. Maybe it has a bit to do with physical weight, or blood pressure levels, or something. After seeing Brown throw up his internals, it got me thinking they could be laying clues around as to who would be the best bet. As a result, in the hopes of gathering more information, I placed Oster up for this week. We'll see how the cure reacts to a hot head. I'm sure some of his levels are completely different than Brown's.

Danby has the most potential out of all the candidates. That's why I won't vote for him for a couple more weeks. I think he could handle it if given the right circumstances. This whole thing might be rigged, however. I still can't believe that that many people would vote Brown over Oster. I hope Hale isn't the only one "cured" out of this experiment. Oh God, don't mention Capelli to me. That guy is psycho. Well, was, I should say. Seems okay in R2, but the videos... :lol

M3wThr33

Banned
I just got a phone call. Something about thanking me for saving her last week.
I was told to go to Prospect Abraham.

(I guess I might have heard Project...)

M3wThr33 said:
I just got a phone call. Something about thanking me for saving her last week.
I was told to go to Prospect Abraham.

Really? Do you know what the number was?

Just curious, so I can NOT answer the phone and save it as a voicemail, yenno, in case there is any important info!

M3wThr33

Banned
The number was 0000000000

At first I thought it was a Skype call, those usually leave fucked up numbers.

I've actually been out of the loop on most of this otherwise.

Top Bottom