• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (HD?) coming to PS3 on Dec. 17 in Japan

miku

sNerPqn.jpg

Is this new?

-For 3,240 yen
-In 720p
-Trophy Support

Famitsu

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Certainly the mobile port with missing music tracks?

Maybe it's the HD version made from the iOS version that's already available on X360. I think it never came out on PS3, there's just the PS2 Classic.

TheDanger

Banned
Who cares about a 720p version of this game, R* should just hire Bluepoint and release a remastered GTA 3, VC and SA collection in 1080/60 for PS4, Xbox One and PC if it has more improvements, I guess it would sell for 60$.

Who cares about a 720p version of this game, R* should just hire Bluepoint and release a remastered GTA 3, VC and SA collection in 1080/60 for PS4, Xbox One and PC if it has more improvements, I guess it would sell for 60$.

Interesting but they need to re-work the controls. By that I mean use the control mechanics from GTA V, especially for flying and combat.

It'd probably take Bluepoint a good 18 months or longer to do it as well.

Seems too good be true, unfortunately. If we get a real GTA rerelease, I would bet it would only be each game seperate for like $30/40. Rockstar and Take 2 know they are sitting on another gold mine.

Consumer

Trophy support = insta-buy.

SA is the funnest GTA IMO, so getting the platinum is going to be goddamn awesome.

Drippy

Trophy support = insta-buy.

SA is the funnest GTA IMO, so getting the platinum is going to be goddamn awesome.

Yeah, having San Andreas platinum in trophy collection seems great to me too. And I've gotten 100% completion on PC version few years ago. However it's pretty strange to release it now on PS3 instead of PS4, but I'm okay with this, because I still play a lot on PS3.

Zalman

I am shocked they didn't do this last generation. Everyone was doing trilogies back then.

Consumer

Yeah, having San Andreas platinum in trophy collection seems great to me too. And I've gotten 100% completion on PC version few years ago. However it's pretty strange to release it now on PS3 instead of PS4, but I'm okay with this, because I still play a lot on PS3.

Yeah I would've preferred a PS4 version for the sake of convenience, but I'm just grateful it's releasing in the first place. I wonder if the other PS2-era GTAs will re-release with trophy support?

I am shocked they didn't do this last generation. Everyone was doing trilogies back then.

Although the sales would undoubtedly be pretty high, R* has never been known to remaster their games; all their studios seem to be busy with something. And if I know anything about R*, it's that they put such immense quality/detail/polish into their games, so they wouldn't trust any dev (even Bluepoint) with the development of their games/remasters.

I guess these re-releases require little to no effort to produce if R* is willing to do this but not a full-on remaster.

liquidtmd

Banned
Although the sales would undoubtedly be pretty high, R* has never been known to remaster their games; all their studios seem to be busy with something. And if I know anything about R*, it's that they put such immense quality/detail/polish into their games, so they wouldn't trust any dev (even Bluepoint) with the development of their games/remasters.

I guess these re-releases require little to no effort to produce if R* is willing to do this but not a full-on remaster.

This San Andreas port confuses me. R* have in recent years taken the line 'its done when it's done' and a stance of seemingly high quality control

Then this gets shat out with little love

Consumer

This San Andreas port confuses me. R* have in recent years taken the line 'its done when it's done' and a stance of seemingly high quality control

Then this gets shat out with little love

Exactly; the only theory I can posit is that they do these re-releases just for some quick, extra capital since proper remasters would use too much time (and money to a lesser extend). When R* re-releases games like this, though, people know full well what to expect from the game -- marginally sharper resolution & trophy support -- and the target market (mainly trophy hunters) will purchase it accordingly. So they're not so much "shitting it out" as much as they are simply adding in the feature of trophy support to the original game.

Interesting but they need to re-work the controls. By that I mean use the control mechanics from GTA V, especially for flying and combat.

It'd probably take Bluepoint a good 18 months or longer to do it as well.

I'd need some mid-mission checkpoints, too. I spent hundreds of hours playing III, VC and SA in my youth, but there's no going back to those control schemes and to losing all your mission progress when you die. I don't have that kind of patience any more.

Anth0ny

This is so fucking weird. A remaster of a 2004 PS2 game... on PS3... in 2015.

Throw in Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, too!

With music missing I'm not interested in this shitty mobile port.

I still have the trilogy on the original Xbox with my custom soundtracks.

Might break it out actually..

Mastah

Muffdraul

If it's the same as the 360 version you don't want it no matter how cheap it is.

This, I was shocked at how bad it was. After about an hour I deemed it unplayable. The controls felt terrible. I was able to replay the PS2 version just fine not that long ago, definitely after GTA V dropped. So it definitely wasn't a matter of "You just don't remember what SA felt like 10 years ago."

Top Bottom