• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best of luck, Scorcho. [Sadly passed. RIP, Scorcho.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Still, oddly, no tears. Breathing has worsened compared to this time yesterday, but I have slightly more energy. my GF was up all night watching me sleep, so she's ragged this morning. my Mom slept a bit better. I could use a good coffee right now.

i thought last night would be a bit more emotional talkfest, but it's hard to talk when you're oxygen starved. my girlfriend stayed up all night watching me sleep, waking me up whenever i ripped the nose cannula off and was on my own. she's a bit ragged this morning and is getting some rest now.

She gave me a shower last night, which was soothing as I was too weak to take one the last few days. I stared into her eyes quite a bit. I hadn't in a while. They warmed my spirits as much as the water did.

Dont know when I'm leaving the home. I know pretty well that when I get into the ambulance or cab (haven't decided yet) that it'll be the last time I see the place. From there I have no idea how long it'll take at Sloan. It's weird, though. For as much as I cried a torrent last week over this possibility, now that it's occurring I feel completely detached, and I'm not sure why.

Thanks for all the memories, GAF.

Fuck cancer.

You're in all of our thoughts, for what it's worth.

Still, oddly, no tears. Breathing has worsened compared to this time yesterday, but I have slightly more energy. my GF was up all night watching me sleep, so she's ragged this morning. my Mom slept a bit better. I could use a good coffee right now.

i thought last night would be a bit more emotional talkfest, but it's hard to talk when you're oxygen starved. my girlfriend stayed up all night watching me sleep, waking me up whenever i ripped the nose cannula off and was on my own. she's a bit ragged this morning and is getting some rest now.

She gave me a shower last night, which was soothing as I was too weak to take one the last few days. I stared into her eyes quite a bit. I hadn't in a while. They warmed my spirits as much as the water did.

Dont know when I'm leaving the home. I know pretty well that when I get into the ambulance or cab (haven't decided yet) that it'll be the last time I see the place. From there I have no idea how long it'll take at Sloan. It's weird, though. For as much as I cried a torrent last week over this possibility, now that it's occurring I feel completely detached, and I'm not sure why.

Your thread for 90s music was fantastic and pointed me towards a lot of singles that I didn't know about

One of your many positive contributions to this community

Thank you

1282027135628.jpg

Izick

It's not goodbye my friend but only so long, for we shall meet again.

Good luck Scorcho. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I want you to know that for the rest of my own life, I'll always keep you in mind. I don't know if that helps, but you can know that you have changed a somewhat stranger's life completely, and he will always keep you in his memory.

EVOL 100%

Damn, this is heartbreaking..

Whatever happens, Scorcho, I wish the best of luck to you.

Take care, and good luck. You've been an inspiration to us all.

shuri

Banned
I wish I could say something that would make everything feel better for a bit; but I realize that its impossible. You had people that loved you until the very very end, and they will keep loving you even after you're gone and they will smile thinking about crazy funny memories of you with them, and talk about nd especially think about you forever.

This, is the proof that you led a good, fulfilled life and that you can go now in peace.

GhaleonEB

My mom went through a similar arc (pulmonary hyptertension slowly deprived her of oxygen, until she passed). When she went to the hospital late in the game, she felt the same. She said the feeling was acceptance.

Fuck cancer and what's it's doing to you. You are my age, and when I read your updates, I think of this happening to me. And I know I would not be able to take it, or handle it, with a fraction of your grace or strength. I know this sounds cheesy, but your updates are inspiring, despite the path you are on. Take care, Scorcho.

My mom has cancer and theres nothing else doctors can do so I know how it feels to just wait for what will happen.

Good luck man,I hope you and your family can find peace.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

Take care scorcho. You are much stronger than I could ever be. Best wishes.. I have to say, you have touched quite a few people. I'll be thinking of you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Scorcho :( There's not much more I can say. We'll all miss you.

yogloo

Noone can ever stop posting on gaf Scorcho. You only stop posting when you get banned. Guess what, you haven't got our permission to stop posting. So I look forward hearing from you soon.

Fuck cancer.

Blablurn

scorcho, enjoy every second with your beloved ones. i don't know what else i could say. there are no words. thank u for posting and being a lil part of your life.

Amir0x

Banned
dang Scorcho, I was really hoping for a better outcome to your tests. It's never over until the fat lady sings, but if she does sing, I hope it's a beautiful song that puts your mind to that long rest with a smile in your heart.

Link

The Autumn Wind
scorcho, I know it's not much consolation, but be thankful you seem to have reached the acceptance phase of grief before it was your time. No one should have to die angry.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man, I was hoping for a good out come here. You've got me tearing up over here. I don't really know what to say to this but good luck. I'll be thinking of you bro.

DrBo42

Can't imagine what you're going through but I hope you make it back home. If not, I hope you're surrounded by those you love. Thank you for sharing some of your precious time with us.

Tobor

Life is wonderful, and terrifying, and beautiful. While yours might be too short, it was not without worth, and not without meaning. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Scorcho I've followed your posts closely, even though I didn't post much here. Your posts in poligaf were always enlightening and informative.

Your presence was felt.

That detached feeling is the feeling of acceptance. My grandfather was the same before he passed. he had terminal kidney cancer, and due to his advanced age he refused to be hooked up to machines and left to rot. Before he died, he took us all out to Pizza (he loved pizza) and spent most the day there.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Scorch, didn't see this before. Won't waste a bunch of space here for what's likely already been said by others, but know your words will be missed.

take the journey on your terms
<3 best

Jackson50

You've always been a pleasure to converse with, and the outpouring of support is a testament to the wonderful contributions you've made. Whatever the outcome, and if this is indeed goodbye, I only hope you find serenity and contentment.

It seems like you've made your peace to a degree, and I don't know what I can say to comfort you as I don't even know you.
Whether you die or live, know that you've had at the very least had the great privilege of being alive in this day and age - you've loved and lost, experienced joy and sadness, and so much more.

I hope you'll be able to face your end at peace, so know this:

Just like any other human being, you've never existed in a vacuum. Your actions and deeds have a lasting effect on this world, whether you or anyone else see them or not. Like ripples from a pebble in the ocean, they will spread outwards and touch everything no matter how small they get.

You may be forgotten in a year, or a hundred years from now, but your impact will always remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom