• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uk gamers buy voucher for £25, get £50 credit.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Did this last night and it worked fine. Both sites accept PayPal.

Bear in mind that Very has a £3.95 delivery fee, so if you buy PSN credit as I did it'll work out to £50 for £28.95.

goonergaz

Grabbed 2 x £25 PSN vouchers, remember to do delivery to store else you will be paying £3.95 delivery charge.

?? I didn't get an option - what store anyway? I find it odd they tout 'free delivery with collect+' yet I can never change the delivery option

ho hum, still a bargain

?? I didn't get an option - what store anyway? I find it odd they tout 'free delivery with collect+' yet I can never change the delivery option

ho hum, still a bargain

I pick a Londis near me, I believe my partner used to pick a Martins where she lived previously.

But yeah still £50 of stuff for £29 is a good saving. Put's me back up to about £85 credit on PSN :-/

samn

Bought the voucher

But can't find anything I want for my 3DS/Wii U, and everything is pricey =/

Any eshop vouchers available?

Also they do a chargeback on your account with the voucher.

They'll charge your account £50 and refund, but that could took 10 mins or 24 hours.

So when checking out using Paypal to cover shipping instead of your credit/debit card.

goonergaz

Also they do a chargeback on your account with the voucher.

They'll charge your account £50 and refund, but that could took 10 mins or 24 hours.

So when checking out using Paypal to cover shipping instead of your credit/debit card.

It depends, I paid by paypal on one accoutn and CC on the other - if you set it to 'pay in full' it should just take anything over the £50

goonergaz

Bought the voucher

But can't find anything I want for my 3DS/Wii U, and everything is pricey =/

Yes, I only ever buy PSN credit as they only charge face value, you could poentially get a game a bit cheaper this way ~£30 for a new game isn't too bad

samn

Yes, I only ever buy PSN credit as they only charge face value, you could poentially get a game a bit cheaper this way ~£30 for a new game isn't too bad

Only choices seem to be Fantasy Life, MH4, Bravely Default, and Pokemon... not hugely interested in any of those series. Maybe I'll take a risk.

Just run it through me then, shall I use Paypal? How does it work exactly in detail? That's the reason I didn't do this last night, wasn't sure with all this "chargeback" nonsense. Why can't they just make it easy and take £25 for the order!

Be aware of Very as they try to enter you into a credit agreement even for mere purchases.

This is freaking me out too.

It depends, I paid by paypal on one accoutn and CC on the other - if you set it to 'pay in full' it should just take anything over the £50

Clever way to be able to get the deal twice! Nice one. £50 for £100.

funkypie

Banned
I plan on trading in the order I got from this deal and put it towards bloodbourne.

I might pre-order MGSV off this to.

no, I have 2 accounts - I got similar deals when I set up a new account, essentially whenever a deal comes along I double up :)

But I mean it's good to use different payment methods, otherwise they might catch you out and try and charge you full price for one of them.

Also please someone just write a quick guide for how this deal works? The GroupOn page doesn't make it clear.

'Very' not touching with a barge pole

This is why I'm asking for a quick guide. £25 for £50 is amazing, but is it amazing enough to mess about with this site that has a bad reputation and these dodgy "credit" schemes?

dose

Why am I asked questions about previous occupancy when trying to make a Very account? I just want to pay for something outright. Ridiculous.
Edit, and I've been rejected lol. I'm not giving you any of my information, Very.

Fitz

But I mean it's good to use different payment methods, otherwise they might catch you out and try and charge you full price for one of them.

Also please someone just write a quick guide for how this deal works? The GroupOn page doesn't make it clear.

This is why I'm asking for a quick guide. £25 for £50 is amazing, but is it amazing enough to mess about with this site that has a bad reputation and these dodgy "credit" schemes?

You purchase one of the two vouchers from GroupOn, this part is fairly straight-forward. You'll get a link to your vouchers both on your GroupOn account and also in an email, it's an a4 page consisting of terms and conditions, the actual code is in the top left.

After that go to Very and add whatever you want to basket and go the registration process. One of the first options will be to select payment type, it'll present you with 3 pink/purple boxes and a green one saying "Continue", however beneath them in small text will be a link that said something like "Pay with Visa/Debit", click that. Then proceed as normal, when you get the chance to enter a Promo code on the right, enter the GroupOn code in that box, not the second one below.

Why am I asked questions about previous occupancy when trying to make a Very accoutn? I just want to pay for something outright. Ridiculous.
Edit, and I've been rejected lol. I'm not giving you any of my information, Very.

They asked me no such questions, did you accidentally go forward with one of the deferred payment options?

goonergaz

True, which is what I do :)

As for a guide;

1) buy the groupon code, they send it in an email quite quickly
2) go to very and make purchases
3) in the checkout you add the groupon code they sent
4) make sure you select pay in full
5) pay and wait for goods to arrive :)

I think they only issues are getting caught into thei interest trap - but if you do the 'pay in full' you're good to go. The other way means you are relying on them refunding you the £50, what they do is give you a credit limit (say £1000) then you spend £50 of that limit (much like a CC) - what should happen is they refund the money to your account.

I've done these loads of times - usually I have a code which is spend £50 get £25 off, that works by me spending £50 on my CC and them refunding...I've done this with the whole group and never had an issue...littlewoods, M&Co, Kandco, very, etc - all the same similar setup and offers, I've never paid full price for PSN credit.

dose

They asked me no such questions, did you accidentally go forward with one of the deferred payment options?
Odd. I put the items in the basket, went to the basket and had to make a new account, and that's where they wanted to know all of my details. Did you have to make an account?
Edit, ah, saw the very small link at the very bottom. So you can't get it delivered to a store if you don't have an account?

Worked like a charm as far as I can tell, bought a 50 quid PSN card. :)
Thanks OP!

4mGxyr4.png

SRV

What a deal! Like many have said, this is too good a deal to pass on, even if it means buying from Very. Thanks Funkypie!

Fitz

Odd. I put the items in the basket, went to the basket and had to make a new account, and that's where they wanted to know all of my details. Did you have to make an account?
Edit, ah, saw the very small link at the very bottom. So you can't get it delivered to a store if you don't have an account?

I guess not, the actual Very account seemed fairly typical though, and they have an option to save your card details which is by default unchecked.

sasliquid

Sub £30 seems like a good deal for the order, anyone got experience with Very? Can't say it's typically my kind of shop

Very are not above charging you the difference weeks or even months down the line.

I wouldn't recommend buying anything from them.

And because it's £50 charge with £25- refunded they have a right to do that isn't it?

I think I'm going to give this a miss then...Unless Paypal is a good way to wiggle around that possibility?

SHEF

I couldn't find a way to get free collect + delivery. Had to pay the delivery charge by card for Playstation £25 x 2

So far they have taken the full amount and not issued the refund of the voucher...

Top Bottom