• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Working Revolution

Neo Child

Banned
Found this on Jeux-France.
82fbf26f77dfd2a32686569184da.jpg

Very sleek, it glows, still says Revolution. Discuss.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It does look quite sleek in black. One thing I might have missed before, and it's probably redundant at this stage - but will the nunchuck and remote be wired together in the final version?

Neo Child

Banned
Maybe I should have added a question - Where do you guys think this shot was taken (time + place)?

gofreak said:
It does look quite sleek in black. One thing I might have missed before, and it's probably redundant at this stage - but will the nunchuck and remote be wired together in the final version?

They will be wired to each other, which I'm a bit worried about if I accidently pull the two apart together and the cable rips.

El Papa

That was the unit that was in the cabinets under the TVs at E3, at the couch demo area. Well, at least for Madden.

El Papa said:
That was the unit that was in the cabinets under the TVs at E3, at the couch demo area. Well, at least for Madden.

And for many others as well. The white ones on top were for display purposes as well as theft (so if anyone stole one they'd only be stealing a shell).

Still, I wish they would've displayed both colors as that black is so damn gorgeous.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
cybamerc said:
Weren't all the Wiis at E3 white?

At the show they were does'nt mean they wont release a black one. also the blue looks more blue then it did at e3.

PS That picture is Sex

gofreak said:
Do you mean that the Wiimote and the Nunchuck are all one unit? Because they aren't. The Nunchuck plugs into the bottom of the Wiimote by a wire... but it can be disconnected. That's how the Wiimote fits inside the Gun Shell, and how the Retro Controller plugs into the Wiimote.

Also, I bet that like the GCN, which says DOL on the serial number, and the NDS which says NTR on the serial number, the Wii will say REV in the serial number. :D

PS - At E3 they displayed Wiimotes in white, black, and teal. I'm betting those three will launch in Japan and white and black will launch in the US and UK.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Neo Child said:
They will be wired to each other, which I'm a bit worried about if I accidently pull the two apart together and the cable rips.

WordAssassin said:
Do you mean that the Wiimote and the Nunchuck are all one unit? Because they aren't. The Nunchuck plugs into the bottom of the Wiimote by a wire... but it can be disconnected. That's how the Wiimote fits inside the Gun Shell, and how the Retro Controller plugs into the Wiimote.

But when you're using them together in a regular Wii game, do they have to be connected?

Neo Child said:
Depends if the game requires the Nunchuck attachment.
Exactly. Games like Wii Sports only require the Wiimote. Games like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 require the Wiimote AND the nunchuck. I'm sure there will be games in the future that require the use of other add-ons and plug-ins as well. It's totally dependant on the game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Neo Child said:
Depends if the game requires the Nunchuck attachment.

Right, so if you are using the nunchuck and remote together in a game, they are tethered? You can't use them together wirelessly?

I can understand why they did this, I suppose, but it would have been neater if there wasn't a cable there. Ah well, maybe they'll make them wholly independently wireless later.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
rod said:
oh ffs stop being so fucking sour all the time. if you dont like the thread, leave.
sour all the time? wtf are you talking about?

edit: and if you don't like my post, don't read it. ^_^;

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
more angles please! MORE ANGLES!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Why the heck can't I get any of the video links at JEUX-FRANCE to work?

aoi tsuki

For some reason i saw this and thought of a Sega console. Looks sex in black, hopefully Nintendo will give us a choice at launch.

Gahiggidy

DrGAKMAN said:
Notice that this is different from the E3 2006 display model...it's a bit thinner AND the front flap is wider.
I dunno how you can tell that from the quality of this shot.

I think its current. Notice that both the power and reset button are at the top end of the machine... up untill GDC 06 they had the reset button at the bottom with eject.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
All the display units at E3 2006 were white, this one is (what I think) closer to the final design 'cos it's thinner & has a larger front flap.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Gahiggidy said:
I dunno how you can tell that from the quality of this shot.

I think its current. Notice that both the power and reset button are at the top end of the machine... up untill GDC 06 they had the reset button at the bottom with eject.

Remember those patents a while back for the console's casing? There were 3 different versions each with different levels of detail and different button placements and some had feet and others didn't, etc. Point is, this one is definatly different than the one's on display at E3 2006, and I agree with you...this one is probably a more finalized version of the hardware.

Xdrive05 said:
It looks really sexy.

But none of this matters anyway, because as we all know:
[/IMG]

:lol Very good.

Is anyone else less scared of Kutaragi since Sony's disastrous press conference in which he appeared as this super short peon? He strikes me as this evil little scientist who can't win again.

StRaNgE

Banned
this makes me think of this old post,

some serious laughs reading what everyone thought the unknown controller would be like. lol

talk about some crow.

amazing thing, guy nailed a lot when it came to games being made by certain companies towards the end.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45634&highlight="Tomb+raider"+legend

The controller will also be pressure sensitive

The Nintendo Revolution will also include voice control more advanced than anything seen so far. Nintendogs is just the beginning. To achieve this, Nintendo sent us headsets (similar to ones you can use for Xbox Live) that are wirelessless communicating with the console.

It will be sort of like controlling a game with one of those stress balls. You squeeze it and you go faster.

when you see the voice controls, you will be blown away. Go back and watch some sci fi movies with voice controlled vehicles (such as AI or I am Robot).

Microsoft is banking on stealing the show, but I think they will be upstaged by Nintendo as well as Sony.

Retro is working on a Halo killer.

Gahiggidy

DrGAKMAN said:
Remember those patents a while back for the console's casing? There were 3 different versions each with different levels of detail and different button placements and some had feet and others didn't, etc. Point is, this one is definatly different than the one's on display at E3 2006, and I agree with you...this one is probably a more finalized version of the hardware.
???

No I don't rememebr that. Got a link?

Gahiggidy

Neo Child said:
Found this on Jeux-France.
82fbf26f77dfd2a32686569184da.jpg

Very sleek, it glows, still says Revolution. Discuss.
By the way, where exacty did you find that?

Gahiggidy

Neo Child said:
Read above the picture.
Yeah, I looked all over jeux-france. Can't find that shot.

Top Bottom