• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Desert Vista High School students spell out racial slur on t-shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Tweet link. Did a quick search and found nothing.

Today is Senior Picture Day at Desert Vista high school in AZ. Here is one that a group took at the school.

Kzqc4Pf.jpg

Slayven

See where they fucked up is not going with the A, then they could have all those "Black people say it, why can't I" backers.

Cagey

Banned
I would love to hear them explain why they felt the need to censor themselves.

I bet it would be amazing.

stuminus3

Idiots.

There's context missing from the OP... they didn't wear the shirts with the intention of slurring, they're just morons that thought it would be funny to rearrange some letters. It wasn't funny.

"A separate picture from a Desert Vista parent on Instagram showed the girls' lettered shirts as part of a larger message spelling out "BEST*YOU'VE*EVER*SEEN*CLASS*OF*2016".

I guess the "I" is actually a "1".

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...hoto-allegedly-snapped-by-high-school-seniors

I blame South Park.

WTF, I mean... why even... W.T.F.? I might hate assholes, but I'm not going to waste 7 t-shirts and round up 6 friends to make a "statement" against them.

Yes! The twisted logic involved would be amazing to see explained. Like they decided to spell it out for their picture day and then didn't want to go all the way, but they are still actually going all the way haha

Why. Why would you do that. It's not even a joke it's just. Ugh

EDIT: Ah so in context they made a really dumb joke, the dumbest part being they let the picture come online. This'll hurt 'em in the long run

WTF, I mean... why even... W.T.F.? I might hate assholes, but I'm not going to waste 7 t-shirts and round up 6 friends to make a "statement" against them.
Looks like it was part of a different spelling. So the shirts served a previous purpose. Then they decided to get together after realizing what they could spell?

.............I don't know man....it takes an impressive amount of stupidity to do something like this......like I'm more baffled than I am mad.......they're fucking smiling like they have no idea what the problem is.....

Cagey

Banned
Looks like it was part of a different spelling. So the shirts served a previous purpose. Then they decided to get together after realizing what they could spell?

Boo. So it wasn't hilarious self-censorship, they just didn't have the resources on hand.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm surprised people are surprised about this. I just looked at it and said "Oh."

They probably don't think it's an issue. They don't know nor understand the problem, as it was never taught to them by anyone. Guess they'll find out now - but I doubt they'll care. They just thought it was another funny joke to celebrate their festivities.

Yeah, I see that know, but still... WTF? I might hate assholes, but I'm not going to waste the time to figure out that I spell it from "Halos for sale" and get 6 friends to make a "statement" against them.

It's too bad, those girls could have spelled "Reigns" and made everyone look strong.
I just realized they could of spelled reign.
#makeromanlookstrong
No "G"s in the original phrase. Took me far to long to figure out where they got the "I" from.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Those faces are sporting the typical "not giving a fuck" smile. I pity these kids because more often than not, they're soaking up their toxic environment and without a care in the world.

User1608

Banned
Pretty foolish and fucked up. They'll probably find out the consequences will be rough and potentially long lasting. This pic will not go away, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom