• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 03/27/08

tanod

when is my burrito
gafbanner080327.jpg

Thanks to Goldrusher for the custom banner and madfuzzy for help on the lists.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

-Japanese content is up now.
-Europe content is up NAOW!
-North America content is up now.

-The PS Store is getting revamped on April 15th.
-Eye of Judgment received an update that corresponds with the set 2 cards that came out recently.
-Lost Planet received an update to improve online performance.
-PS3 firmware 2.20 went up this week. It includes BD Profile 2.0 and a bunch of other things.
-WarHawk is discounted to $29.99 until 04/15.

THIS WEEK:

United States/Canada

Games/Demos:
-Flow Bundle - 8.99

DLC:
-High Stakes Poker - Camera Support update - free
-Karaoke Revolution - Numerous downloadable tracks - $1.49 each
-Turok Map Pack - 5 new maps - $4.99
-Unreal Tournament 3 map pack (3 different maps) - free

Rock Band tracks - $1.99 each or $9.99 for all 6:
Boston - “More Than a Feeling” (Master)
Boston - “Peace of Mind” (Master)
Boston - “Smokin’” (Master)
Boston - “Rock & Roll Band” (Master)
Boston - “Something About You” (Master)
Boston - “Hitch a Ride” (Master)

Trailers:
-God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) - "TV Spot"
-GTA IV - "Everyone's a Rat"
-GT5: Prologue - "Mars Volta"
-GT5: Prologue - "Thin Lizzy"
-GT5: Prologue - "Weezer"
-PURE - "Gameplay"
-PURE - "CG"
-WarHawk - "Version 1.3 Preview"
-Winter X Games '08 - "Play the Pros"

Other:
-Eye of Judgment theme
-Metal Gear Solid 4 wallpaper

United Kingdom

Games/Demos:
-UEFA Euro 2008 demo
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - £24.99 / €39.99
-Reel Fishing (PS1) - £3.49

DLC:
-The Eye of Judgment: Biolith Rebellion Set 2 - €9.99
-Turok Map Pack - 5 new maps - €2.99
-Unreal Tournament 3 map pack (3 different maps) - free

Trailers:
-Dark Sector - "Webisode 1"
-Dark Sector - "Webisode 2"
-Dark Sector - "Webisode 3"
-Dark Sector - "Webisode 4"
-Dark Sector - "Veggie Abuse"
-Dynasty Warriors 6 - "Producer Q&A"
-Everybody's Golf: World Tour
-Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - "TV Advert"
-The Eye of Judgment - "Biolith Rebellion Deck 2"

Japan

Games/Demos:
-Armored Core: For Answer demo

DLC:
-Mainichi Isshou received an update this week - free
-Eye of Judgment - Biolith Rebellion Deck 2 - ¥3500
-Minna no Golf 5 - New character (Gloria) - ¥500

Trailers:
-Eye of Judgment - "Biolith Rebellion Deck 2"
-Haze
-Valkyria of the Battlefield: Gallian Chronicles - "Character Introduction Vol. 4: Isara"

COMING BEFORE THE END OF 2008:

PSN Games:
Released in the US and still to come for Europe:
-Blast Factor: Advanced Research
-High Velocity Bowling (April)
-Rocketman: Axis of Evil
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
April
-Dark Mist
-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (4/17)
-PixelJunk Monsters Encore
May
-Bionic Commando: Rearmed
-Echo Chrome
-Elefunk
June
-Wipeout HD
September
-SOCOM: Confrontation (9/16)
Other 2008 games
-Commando 3
-HOME
-Kart Attack
-Novastrike
-PixelJunk Dungeons (releasing after Eden)
-PixelJunk Eden
-Plunder
-Rat Race
-Soldner X
-Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
-Unnamed game show games - one possible example: Deal or No Deal

STUFF YOU CAN FIND ONLY ON THE FOREIGN STORES:

UNITED KINGDOM:
-Everybody's Golf 5 demo
-About 15-20 themes (some exclusive to the UK)

JAPAN:
-Current Japanese PS1 game list - ¥600 each
-Dark Mist - ¥800
-Echochrome - ¥1800
-Mainichi Issho - full game - free
-Armored Core: For Answer demo
-Echochrome demo
-Go! Sports Ski demo
-Heavenly Sword - "Kai" demo
-G1 Jockey 4 2007 demo
-Imabikisou demo
-Record of Agarest demo
-XI[sai] - PS1 game demo
-Yakuza 3 demos (2 of them)
-A couple of themes

PREVIOUS WEEKS:
PSN Content 03/20/08 (Condemned 2 and Sega Superstars Tennis demos; Tiger Woods '08 and RB DLC)
PSN Content 03/13/08 (MLB 2K8 demo; Toy Home expansion; RB, GH and PAIN DLC)
PSN Content 03/06/08 (Rocketman game and demo; GH3 and RB DLC)
PSN Content 02/28/08 (GH3, PAIN and RB DLC)
PSN Content 02/21/08 (Jet Moto 3 (PS1) game; PixelJunk Monsters, God of War: COO (PSP) demos; PAIN, RB DLC)
PSN Content 02/14/08 (MLB08 The Show and Patapon (PSP) demos, RB DLC)
PSN Content 02/07/08 (Go Sports Skydiving, and Crash Bandicoot 3 (PS1) games; Lost Planet online demo; MotorStorm and RB DLC)
PSN Content 2007 - "almost" Comprehensive List (includes Japanese PS1 games)

OTHER RESOURCES:
-NeoGAF Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread (Lots of cool stuff, Send your thanks to m0dus and the other contributors)
-The Official m0dus PS3 theme thread.
-The link to access the PS Store for the PSP.

JAPAN STORE HELP:
Contained in "PSN Content 2007 - 'almost' Comprehensive List" thread

FIRMWARE UPDATES: (all contain BC updates)
03/24/08 - 2.20 (Blu-Ray profile 2.0 support, DVD/BD resume play, browser improved, DIVX support enhanced, PSP/PS3 remote play and connectivity enhanced)
03/12/08 - 2.17 (Stability for online gaming improved)
12/17/07 - 2.10 (DIVX and WMV codec support, BD 1.1 support, voice modulation, PS1 games playable via remote play)
11/19/07 - 2.01 (Stability and bug fixes for issues with 2.00)
11/07/07 - 2.00 (New options for sorting Trailers and Games, Playlist support for Photos and Music, trailers from the store can be watched while they are still downloading, Store and browser are both much quicker, Browser has new flash version, Info board)
10/23/07 - 1.94 (Included on R&C disk - enables Dual Shock 3 support)
09/12/07 - 1.93 (Fix for Warhawk and PSN connection issues)
09/03/07 - 1.92 (Quicker XMB loading, web browser improvements, bug fixes)
07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
06/27/07 - 1.82
06/13/07 - 1.81 (fixed "full" option not sticking on RGB)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)
04/18/07 - 1.70 (Rumble for PS1/PS2, PS1 downloads playable on PS3)
03/22/07 - 1.60 (BG downloading, Folding@Home, Europe BC Enabled)

THIS WEEK ON PSP:

Games/Demos:
-R-Type Command demo (also downloadable via PS3)

Trailers:
-God of War Chains of Olympus - "TV Spot"
-GT5 Prologue - "Weezer Video"
-GT5 Prologue - "Mars Volta"
-GT5 Prologue - "Thin Lizzy"
-GTA IV - "Everyone's a Rat"
-Winter X Games ‘08 - "Play the Pros"

Other:
-Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII theme
-R-Type Command wallpapers (x3)

Nightz

:lol @ banner.

Hoping for something decent this week. Might check out that Armored Core demo from the Japanese store.

Gowans

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - £29.99

Waa? Thirty Quid! no thanks I'll stick with my Japanese version I got for free, unless anyone can hook me up ;)

test_account

XP-39C²
£29.99 for the PSN version of GT5P, is that really right? I thought the Bluray version was like £17 or i'm i mistaken it with something else, or was that a limited time offer?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Ceb

test_account said:
£29.99 for the PSN version of GT5P, is that really right? I thought the Bluray version was like £17 or i'm i mistaken it with something else, or was that a limited time offer?

The RRP is £24.99, but you can get it for £17 at places like Play.com.

MadFuzzy

It's not £29.99 for GT5 Prologue, it's £24.99, presumably to keep retailers happy across Europe after what happened with Warhawk (some retailers returned copies to Sony over the fact that the download version was cheaper than the boxed one).

The Singstore is also updating tomorrow with 50 new songs (about 1/4 of them in English), so you might want to mention that in the first post as well.

Sandman7

Kazenone said:
:lol @ the banner.

£30 for GT5P??? It's £18 online, what is the retail price?

Fixed. I really wanted the PSN version just for the convenience of having it on the hard drive but with a price gap that large - BD version here I come.

ram

@tanod,

Eye of Judgment: Biolith Rebellion Set 2 expansion pack will be released on 27 March via the PSN. It will be priced at £6.99 in the UK.

Fuck I thought GT5P was £20. I already have the JP retail version, but I wanted the PSN version. Do we know if the JP version will have the new features patched in?

nofi

number1jagsfan said:
Fuck I thought GT5P was £20. I already have the JP retail version, but I wanted the PSN version. Do we know if the JP version will have the new features patched in?

It's only a fiver more. We'll know the details of the JP download soon.

stawnkald

:lol Banner is great.

I'm so, so, so stoked for the Boston pack in Rock Band, so this week is a win no matter what.

Tailzo

mrkgoo said:
Can someone tell me how I get a Patapon demo without a PC? In NZ, btw.
Get an us PSN account, download it from your ps3, connect your psp via usb to your psp, copy the file to the psp.

nofi said:
It's only a fiver more. We'll know the details of the JP download soon.

Yeah but you can get the retail version for 18 quid, that's a pretty huge saving. Hopefully no-one downloads it and they price the PSN versions of future games more competitively.

Xater

Already bought the reail copy of Prologue today. Only thing that pisses me off is that I can't download the patch. It alwas disconnects.

careksims

Oh my! Another awesome banner and I will be picking up that Boston pack for RB. Even if the rest is bad, that pack is full of win.

nofi

number1jagsfan said:
Yeah but you can get the retail version for 18 quid, that's a pretty huge saving. Hopefully no-one downloads it and they price the PSN versions of future games more competitively.

True, but the RRP of both is £25, it's just that the retailers opted to reduce the price. If Sony had done that they'd all spit their dummies out (see: Warhawk).

tanod

when is my burrito
OH SHIT! I didn't see the hood ornament. I thought it was the reflection on the side of the car. :lol :lol :lol

Steroyd said:
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFF!?

I can get it near half price in online shops.

Whom are taking their sweet fucking time!! :mad:

Also:
25 British pounds = 32.0491803 Euros (not fucking 40€!)

lols....fuck'em...I'm getting the bd version too.

Goldrusher

Xater said:
Already bought the reail copy of Prologue today. Only thing that pisses me off is that I can't download the patch. It alwas disconnects.

1. Try setting UPnP to Type 2. (in the game's options menu)
2. Then download the update through the News section, if it fails, exit to XMB using the PS button...reboot the game and it should continue downloading where it failed / left off.

Also, the update is between 200 and 400MB big (contradicting reports). So it can take a while on the average connection.

Well, I hope we all get a quality update today.

BTW - Has this happened to anyone else here?

I come home last night, turn on my PS3, and it comes up and says "Hard Drive Database Must Be Rebuilt" which scares the crap out of me since I had not backed up my saves in a couple months. It goes through this long process and eventually finishes. When it's done, thankfully all my data is there, but every change I made to the files on my drive (i.e. renames, album assignments) is gone. That's right, all of my games, demos, and movies are now lumped into one large unmanageable group again under each section. Those 90+ movies I went through and painstakingly assigned albums to so I could sort them in a meaningful way? All lumped together again. Sucks ass. Needless to say I am not going to bother renaming or assigning albums to anything again as the tags are not stored with the files but in some central PS3 db, and any problems with it will render all my work useless. I'm thankful the data is intact but this just makes me wish they implemented REAL folder support as the current methods of sorting are at best a pain to manage. I'm using sort by date imported on movies now, but it sorts with the newest last, which makes no sense and there is no way to invert it.

Anyway, sorry for the OT but I wanted to see if anyone else here had this problem and what their experiences were (did you have any hdd failures afterwards?, etc.) I didn't want to start a thread about this since I know some PS3 folks will attack anyone who starts a negative post and accuse them of FUD.

jmd494

Will the European store have a demo of GT5:p?

There's some kind of bug in the Japanese demo where a lot of the letters are all screwed up. Does this bug exist in the Euro version?

Goldrusher

Dr. Zoidberg said:
I'm using sort by date imported on movies now, but it sorts with the newest last, which makes no sense and there is no way to invert it.

Uh, there should be an option to "invert it".
Look for "Sort By". It should have "Import Date ▼" and "Import Date ▲"

Goldrusher said:
Uh, there should be an option to "invert it".
Look for "Sort By". It should have "Import Date ▼" and "Import Date ▲"

Sorry, I should have said that I am "Grouping by Month". If you "Group by" month or anything, then there is no option for changing the method of the sort. If I didn't "Group" I could do as you say, but I'm specifically trying to avoid having 90+ things to scroll through when looking for stuff.

Edit for clarity

Jim

Awesome banner :)

HSG: Out of Bounds demo supposed to be up on the North American store today BTW.

shagg_187 said:
That said, i hope GT5P is sharable since me and my friend both wanna play it but are recently broke :/

Based on the (downloadable) review copy, it isn't. Very specifically says "Content can only by played when user is logged in" or something to that effect as opposed to the message that mentions sharing is possible. Of cource, I didn't try it, and it IS a review copy and not final.

Top Bottom