• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where do we decide how much of a woman trans-gender women are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollycat

I guess what I'm asking is, perhaps there is a difference between finding someone physically attractive and finding them sexually attractive.

I'm not ignoring it, but for most people it doesn't seem to be an option they would want to consider. It doesn't fulfill the biological desire for many to pass on their genes.

I can understand that entirely, it's a desire built into us. I wasn't aiming my comment at you, more at everyone everywhere.

Reuenthal

Banned
I don't consider transgender people to be either men or women but trasgender.

So I would think of a trasgender man who had operation and medical procedures to become as much of a woman as possible as just that. When I think of them I would not think man or woman but trasgender.

As for gender identity to be identified as, I see it more as what one identifies. If someone identifies as woman or man and was to be treated as such, well you treat them that way to the things it is possible. This might seem contradicting with the above but I don't consider it.

jerry1594

If someone identifies as a certain gender, I have no issues with acknowledging them as that gender.

That you consider someone unattractive because the person was physically born as a different gender is fine, but just keep it at that and don't make a bigger deal out of it.
Isn't there a difference between sex and gender? Like im of the male sex but I could be a man, woman or whatever genderwise

Pau

I guess what I'm asking is, perhaps there is a difference between finding someone physically attractive and finding them sexually attractive.
Should have used sexually attractive then. My point was: Do you have sex with people you have no intention of having a child with? Do barren cis women suddenly become less sexually attractive to you upon hearing the knowledge?

Nephtis

That's fine. A lot of people don't pursue relationships with cis women or cis men who are unable to reproduce. But it's not exactly an argument you can make for one night stands or relationships in which it isn't the goal to reproduce. Unless you somehow can only find women who are capable of reproducing physically attractive.

You are correct if we were to go on the premise that the goal isn't to reproduce. Personally though I am at a point in life where reproducing is my goal. I'm 32 and have no kids, and I want to change that. To me, that means that every date I go on has to have the potential for long term relationship, marriage, and eventually, children. This is just a preference for dating though, and if I were to go with someone who is trans, I'd like to know from the get go for that very reason.

That is a bit separate to the topic at hand though, even if it is fair to connect it (because I think that is the eventual goal of the OPs question). Other than my preference for dating, a trans woman is a woman, and I can't quantify how 'womanly' they are. Sex doesn't matter - a friend is gender neutral.

It's up to the people deciding whether or not to be in the relationship as to whether or not they want to be in a relationship. People are allowed to want or not want to be in a relationship based on physical/physiological things.

While I'd never call someone shallow for not wanting to date a transgendered person, I would hope that they would never call into question that transgendered person's gender.

Shiina

How would you know ?

While I am sure some of them might tell you outright their situation, I would guess some might not atleast not until you are serious.

Bone structure doesn't usually change with hormones so unless you're very feminine to begin with and start your therapy at a very young age, you'll be able to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom