• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the biggest "holy crap!" moment you're expecting from E3?

rrc1594

Just because the last two games were disappointments doesn't mean people don't want a good sequel in the future.

I personally thought Reach and Halo 4 were the best campaigns. Multiplayer is another story. That's why I think they are using HA2 as a way test if fans really want that multiplayer back.

Microsoft- Price drop, accelerated DX12 release date, DX12 facilitates porting to the Bone from PC

Sony- VR release date, more remastered editions, new SKU with VR included

Nintendo- new console WiiUToo now with Foreheadmote, a motion controller that attaches to your forehead with a suction cup. Fighting games use it for immersive headbutt action. Activision is onstage to announce Metal Hero, the Nintendo-exclusive metal rhythm game. Induces adult-onset shaken baby syndrome.

My Favorite Moments from E3 2013:
1. PS4 Price
2. Kingdom Hearts III Announcement

This year I hope we get

1. FF15 Date
2. Last of Us 2 Announcement

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The only ones I'm expecting are some face melting demos of The Order 1886 and Uncharted. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to lots of new announcements and surprises.

Chettlar

Banned
With all the Halo is dead I'm surprise it was posted so many times in this thread

People say "Halo is dead" because the last couple games have been sever disappointments (at least as far as multiplayer goes). The fanbase is still there, rabidly awaiting a worthy sequel; they've just been estranged.

I personally thought Reach and Halo 4 were the best campaigns. Multiplayer is another story. That's why I think they are using HA2 as a way test if fans really want that multiplayer back.

Reach's campaign is a worthy campaign, I would say, but ehh 4's. No. Very much no.

I mean, it's not a bad campaign in and of it's self, but as a Halo game, it falls short. Sadly, it missed quite a lot of what made Halo so good.

Poona

Rare goes third party and has ownership of IP (eg, Banjo, Joanna etc wont be tied to MS anymore) Will release on ps4 and Nintendo platforms once again depending on which platforms it thinks will be best suited to it's games.

MS drops the paywall for xbox live multiplayer. (Sony then soon possibly follows suit again afterwards).

quo

"X" being revealed to be Xenosaga: Episode 4 which comes with Xenosaga 1-3 on the disc, remastered in HD.

In all seriousness, probably Zelda U reveal.

This would make me buy a Wii U.

I would be floored if Sony gives a 2014 release date for project morpheus and for < $149.

Edit: I wish for Suikoden 6 but I think MML3 will happen before that

By definition surprises are unlikely to be moments I'm expecting. Of the things I expect to see at E3 I think the inevitable Assassins Creed Unity demo(s) will truly blow some minds. The setting and the fact that its next gen only should give Ubisoft the freedom they've lacked with past games. The leaked footage and screenshots have looked spectacular.

meppi

The Last Guardian PS4
Shenmue 3 PS4
Yakuza: Ishin and Yakuza 5 coming to US/EU
Earth Defence Forces 5 PS4/Vita
Persona 5 PSVita as well
Zelda Wii U
Zangeki no Reginleiv 2 Wii U

Anything else will be disappointing.

Mithos

Metroid U/Prime 4 or Zelda U.

Would love a new version of the Donkey Kong Country reveal (but for Wii U this time) back in the days, when everyone at the reveal though it was for Nintendos next console because there were no way it could be on SNES.

New Advance Wars for 3DS. Gameplay balance of Days of Ruin but with the characters and feel-good atmosphere of Dual Strike.

The Legend of Dragoon 2

This is all I ever wanted...

I love you both.

*group hug yo*

giphy.gif

Sakujou

Banned
Jet Set Radio 3 being announced.

So nothing. I have gotten to the point of being disappointed with game announcements so much that even if JSR3 were announced, I just can't care.

It's nice to have cautious perspectives on game announcements so in the situation where an announcement is something you like you can say 'oh, well that's cool.'

Like Sunset Overdrive.

Phil Harrison comes out on Sony stage and apologizes. States that all Microsoft first party are secretly developing for PS4.

Phil Spencer hacks into Sony's main conference screen calling Phil Harrison a traitor. Assassins kill Phil Harrison.
Kaz Hirai comes out and looks at the body of his friend. He yells in agony and turns super saiyajin.

The ensuing battle destroys the world.

The Last Guardian delayed again ;_;

Haha made my day. Iam not expecting anything. Wii u getting some nice games, a whole batch of unannounced 3ds games, and a release date for gravity rush 2.jsr3 and shenmue3 would be hyper but i doubt that these two games will ever see the day of light.

KiTA

E3?

My personal megaton hope? I know it's PC and E3 isn't really all that PC centric, but...

Civilization 5 to Civilization Beyond Earth savegame converter, in the same vein as Crusader Kings 2 to Europa Universalis 4. Finish Civ5 with a space race victory, and immediately continue it in Civ Beyond Earth. Would end my gaming career, cause I wouldn't need any other games after that. :p

I'd also love to see some Dragon Quest, but it's not likely. =/

Homeworld 3 announced

Being able to use wallpapers for PS4 UI announced

Colony Wars PS4 announced

Star Wars game announced directed by Amy Hennig is PS4 exclusive. Agent Amy doing her work.

So its seems this thread has gone down the road of delusion so whatever;

SE coming out and saying they are developing a sequel to Xenogears.

Devastating one: Zelda U. Whatever it looks like, it will cause chaos.

Potential big one: Pokken Fighters, if it is actually going to be followed through on.

Small-scale one:Fire Emblem Awakening 2. Cue "WHY NO ADVANCE WARS" meltdowns

If a Sony-funded exclusive souls game is actually revealed, it will accelerate my ps4 purchase pretty severely.

I have no hope for HL3, KH3, or TLG stuff.

X1 Platinum exclusive

MS adopts PS+ model and starts giving games people might not have played 4 years ago.

PSNow implosion (bad pricing news or incredibly limited library)

Anemic Vita push (more like a lurch)

PS Exclusive tv show looks surprisingly good.

AAK

That I'm expecting? Probably the next gameplay demo of the Order. I assume that will be the most emphatic reveal of the show.

People expecting them to show UC4 or TLG are in for a disappointment.

My dream announcement? A new 3D fighting game IP. It's just not fair that the 2D crowd keep getting new gems like Blazblue, Skullgirls, Chaos Code, among others while the last 3D fighting game IP that successfully cemented itself in the genre was King of Fighters Maximum Impact.

wapplew

Sony showing TLOU "with over 200 goty“ teaser, this time with Ashley Johnson voice over, you think it's TLOU remaster boring.
Then It sound it bit strange cause Ellie never said those line in the game before.
Trailer show adult Ellie, TLOU 2 announce.
Fade to black
Troy Baker " I'm gonna find you Ellie"

biRdy

Halo 5 gameplay
Kotor 3 or Kotor 1 HD announcement
Crash Bandicoot PS4 announcement
Mortal Kombat 10 announcement

AniHawk

Sony showing TLOU "with over 200 goty“ teaser, this time with Ashley Johnson voice over, you think it's TLOU remaster boring.
Then It sound it bit strange cause Ellie never said those line in the game before.
Trailer show adult Ellie, TLOU 2 announce.
Fade to black
nolan north " I'm gonna find you Ellie"

see i made it a lot better

Wrynnax

Sony announces that ps+ now also gives you movies from their catalogue as well as games. Kinda like netflix, would be awesome!
I think they need to use the fact that they have sony pictures and columbia records to counter the all in one media message xbox 1 is trying to achieve.

dex3108

Gaben comes on the stage, shows three fingers, Gaben goes from the stage. NeoGAF down, stream down, Steam community down, millions gamers around the world re celebrating XD

Into

Nintendo not announcing a single major new game for the Wii U

Effectively saying "we are done with this". Sprinkle on some Wii U-to-3DS ports, would all but seal the deal.

Conflicting feelings, on one hand they are screwing over the people who bought the system and supported it, on the other hand it shows a willingness to cut the cord and act fast.

And MS or Nintendo ditching their "gimmicks" in the GamePad+Kinect 2.0 and selling their systems for cheaper, is not something i expect, but hope, for the better of their products and making them more competitive.

dukie85

Gaben comes on the stage, shows three fingers, Gaben goes from the stage. NeoGAF down, stream down, Steam community down, millions gamers around the world re celebrating XD

Only thing that could make that better would be a shot of a next-gen Gordon Freeman eyeball.

Halo 2 Anniversary not just as a remake but Halo 2.5 (improved campaignlevels, maybe additional levels, big standalone multiplayer with forge, theatre, custom spartans (not the halo 4 power ranger armors), etc)

Probably would be no TLG again. If so, they better announce it is cancelled. Teasing the way they have should be illegal! On a more serious note, it makes sense for them to reveal it at E3. It is going to sell much better outside Japan!

Otherwise I am hoping to see Guerrial's RPG, Witcher 3 gameplay, Order Gameplay, Uncharted Trailer, FFXV gameplay, Division gameplay. If all that is there, I will be content. I believe it will probably disappoint though...

H4r4kiri

On Microsoft site:
Halo 5 Gameplay ( although i think it will be ok but People just love halo)
New Rare Game
2 Exclusiv third Party title ( One Jap and one really big-- maybe Valva?)

Sony:
Sony Bend
The Last guardian ( seriously i think it will be re revealed)
Uncharted 4 Gameplay
Epic new IP

What do you guys think ? :)

Proponent

Banned
The Last Guardian with a release date. If one can even realistically expect that. Honestly I'm really thinking it's going to be a no show again. Sorry yall.

Other then that, I suppose it'll be something I'm honestly not expecting.

Top Bottom