• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Ghosts Multiplayer Free Weekend (5/23-5/27) on Xbox (360/XB1)

jbug617

Banned
This is the 2nd time on Xbox for free weekend of multiplayer.

BoWjA0FIAAA3UQB.jpg

@Xbox:#CoD is FREE! (At least for the weekend.) Download the @CallofDuty: Ghosts [M] MP Demo & kick off your killstreak.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/469960970669142017

TheCloser

Banned
Yea, i was gonna say, isn't this the second time they are doing this. Must be getting real desperate now to offer it twice.

Edit:

Its even longer than the previous time. Wow, so 5 day trial?

LNBL

Played during the first free weekend and it was a major dissapointment. Though it did justify me not buying any COD since BOPS

Hip Hop

It sold that bad huh

The game is overall is pretty crap, online wise. The campaign was pretty good, best in the series. The cut scenes and gameplay were put together nicely.

But online. It's not that the gameplay sucks, the gun play is really good, even the sounds. But when you have some of the worst maps and killstreaks the series has ever had, it can bog down everything else. It's just boring.

angelic

Banned
Im still playing this, there is fun to be had. The new maps are much better, the spawning is still poor, but you can make it work if you persist (headphones, good use of perks etc). Still nowhere near blops 2 but its ok.

Daemul

It sold that bad huh

It didn't sell poorly, I think that it's being abandoned in droves though. From my limited anecdotal evidence, people have either gone back to older CoD games, or moved to Plants vs Zombies and Titanfall.

Card Boy

Banned
Activision and the dropkicks that made the game really dropped the ball with Ghosts. It's being desperation mode on all platforms with this game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Funny they aren't doing it on PC and PS3/4 at the same time.

Kayant

Yayyy. I get to play it again. Although it was damn easy to get back into after nothing playing it for a while(2+ years). Which was the reason COD stopped interesting me it doesn't provide much of a challenge Gears of war 3 is a different matter.

blazeuk

I played the free weekend last time and was hugely underwhelmed by it, it was actually the first COD game I've skipped in a long time and it didn't take too long before I realised I'd made a good choice - I wouldn't even download it again to play for free for a few days. Still want to blast through the single player at some point but I can wait for the price to plummet before I do that.

JayEH

Wow multiple free weekends? What's going on?

The game is overall is pretty crap, online wise. The campaign was pretty good, best in the series. The cut scenes and gameplay were put together nicely.

But online. It's not that the gameplay sucks, the gun play is really good, even the sounds. But when you have some of the worst maps and killstreaks the series has ever had, it can bog down everything else. It's just boring.

Whaaaa? It was easily the worst in the series. The ending itself made it horrible.

Mugatu

I may be crazy but I'm enjoying this much more than Titanfall. I guess I drank the coolaide on the titanfall hype.

I agree - I was debating whether I should post the same sentiment or not.

However, I am also reminded quite regularly why I stopped playing COD - hosing a guy down with bullets while he lunges at me and knifes me to death. Then in the replay I don't even fire.

jesu

This is the first COD game I've played online.
It seems alright, bit slow compared to Titanfall, and I got my arse handed to me in my first game.
I might even by the double digital code on Amazon, but I'll play some more first.

Top Bottom