• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Btw, peoploe, some pretty cheap prices on Gameliebe.

Dirt Autosport for 29,90€

GVS2Bzp.gif

Wait a minute... there's no such good combo as this! Are you trying to trick me? Either it's a Grid or a Dirt game. But that would be great.

Air, Metro, Pixelvision. Am I the only one who uses the default skin and stays in detailed view?

I'm like you, 100%. Default and detailed until they released something that I really like.

Caerith

A lot do, you just don't get people talking about it because it's default. I don't care to bother with skins, I don't need the upkeep of updating them for Steam updates and whatnot when it serves its purpose just fine as-is.

List view forever though.

Why list view? It seems kinda clunky to navigate vs the compactness of detailed view.

Nabs

why is the Bluetooth connection causing input lag on DS4Windows :/

Hmm? The program isn't touching Bluetooth at all. You can close it and check your controller panel and see any dropped inputs right there.

Yikes! That sounds way more convoluted than it needs to be.

Sony are a weird company when it comes to PC, Windows especially. One one hand one of their teams develops Vegas which gets a lot if plaudits but in the other they had another develop the universally hated SecuROM (well be customers at least). I think our best hope might be Android support and have that reverse engineered into better drivers but hey you never know.

Honestly, it's pretty straightforward once you find a fork that's got the features for you. The one I use has been great ever since I jumped on it.

Dr Dogg

Don't get me wrong. This is not as bad as I make it sound here. The dropping of inputs happens rarely like at most once during an evening play session maybe. Most of the time I just disconnect and reconnect the controller and everything works again (though to reconnect the DS4 in "hide DS4 controller" mode you have to quite every program that uses an Xbox controller. So it takes a minute.)

The other two pograms might work fine for someone else as a lot of people use them, apparently. Also, I did only try them for a short time. Maybe there are things that I can do to make them work better. Perhaps it is my PC which is in dire need for a fresh install anyway. I could give them another try. Also, keep in mind that they are worked on currently and get a lot of support and updates which should fix a lot of the problems.

I think ideally having one driver suite that interfaced with a DS4 sounds like a more graceful option but I'm one of those clowns that runs a very light OS footprint and ally come up with missing dependencies all the time when running unofficial third party applications.

Air, Metro, Pixelvision. Am I the only one who uses the default skin and stays in detailed view?

I've used PixelVision before due to being the better skin to adjust font sizes and scaling when using high resolutions on Windows (seriously Microsoft you need to sort that shit out). Though I'm normally default skin and detail view or if I'm being really edgy just small mode!

Parsnip

Well, since it's ModBot's birthday and all...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Goat Sim -- MB-68882C5C0DAAC4FF - Taken by Hugstable. 18 entrants total.

t1404651380z1.png

Autofokus

While I think the DS4 is an excellent PC controller, I am just not quite happy with all the different Tools that allow it to work on PC.

Currently, I am using the DS4 to XInput Mapper 1.2.2. by InhexSTER which seems to work the best for me. Though it has some stupid quirks like when you ALT+TAB to it it just vanishes from your tray icons but is still running in the background. Also, there is no more official support for it.

The DS4Windows always crashes on updating for me.

DS4Tool (with the nice GUI) just chrashes randomly for me.
For what it's worth, I used the wrapper for months and now DS4Tool (nicer gui, more features) since a few weeks without _any_ problems. I'm using it wired though.

Edit: D'oh. I'm using DS4Windows, not Tool.

Shengar

Nowadays people complain how small or linear or corridor like an area in a game while I'm almost complaining how wide and sprawling the area in Titan Quest is.
Tell me, after Greece, what is it?

Caerith

I've used PixelVision before due to being the better skin to adjust font sizes and scaling when using high resolutions on Windows (seriously Microsoft you need to sort that shit out). Though I'm normally default skin and detail view or if I'm being really edgy just small mode!
Being able to adjust font sizes is at the top of my wishlist for the Steam client, right alongside the "pin" feature that Origin has.

The game tiles just look better to me and are big enough that I won't click something else on accident.
Makes sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as someone who used the amd code, I can confirm Murdered and Sniper 3 are in it, thats how I own them

Anyway, when Gone Home makes me a nervous wreck even tho I know for a fact that there are no monsters or anything, how the fuck am I supposed to play games like Amnesia or Outlast? Im such a pussy (strangely only with games, im fine with movies /shrug)

Tizoc

as someone who used the amd code, I can confirm Murdered and Sniper 3 are in it, thats how I own them

Anyway, when Gone Home makes me a nervous wreck even tho I know for a fact that there are no monsters or anything, how the fuck am I supposed to play games like Amnesia or Outlast? Im such a pussy (strangely only with games, im fine with movies /shrug)

I have the same issue with Gone Home and now, oddly enough with Stanley Parable...for the latter I'm expecting Jump Scares >_>;

The_Monk

I can relate. The house did had some strange vibe that's for sure. I finished Outlast and it became less scary as I was progressing in the game. I did start with my headphones on high but I kept lowering the volume every 20 minutes because... the "DUN DUN" moments that would happen here and there.

It's a shame about the ending of that game (Outlast) which I didn't like but at least the diary pages were interesting.

Caerith

... or are there?

Dr Dogg

Being able to adjust font sizes is at the top of my wishlist for the Steam client, right alongside the "pin" feature that Origin has.

That and hide games from view and break new ground in allowing custom names. Christ any two bit media player allows metadata manipulation, why is it so hard for gaming clients?

I heard that table flip from here :p

It took me ages to get through the first half of Dead Space due the amount of cheap cat scares. Didn't help the sound mix is super awesome and I was using headphone. And I'm not a jumpy scary cat usually but there was certainly an adjustment period there. 3 on the other hand had an orchestral fan fare at any given moment a necromorph so much as farts and totally killed any sense of subtly or suspense.

wilflare

Hmm? The program isn't touching Bluetooth at all. You can close it and check your controller panel and see any dropped inputs right there.

Honestly, it's pretty straightforward once you find a fork that's got the features for you. The one I use has been great ever since I jumped on it.

hmm I'm getting input lag on games like Astebreed on bluetooth
even the controller panel lags a little.

Caerith

That and hide games from view and break new ground in allowing custom names. Christ any two bit media player allows metadata manipulation, why is it so hard for gaming clients?

And tags/sort-by-tags, which even I could program in with only a rudimentary knowledge of coding.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im severely disapointed at the lack of Ace of Base in Gone Home (at least so far), how do you do a 90s game about teenage girls and dont find a Ace of Base tape? >_>

also, if the game did / does in fact get trashed for the fact that its about
a lesbian relationship
, fuck humanity

Rhaknar

is the
ghost
hard to find? yes I was spoiled about it, on gaf no less (oh well I dont care as much for spoilers as some do)

fantomena

Found a trader who gave me a Steam ROW code for Murdered for 4 TF2 keys. Insanely cheap imo. Most of the people I saw wanted 5 keys.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
is the
ghost
hard to find? yes I was spoiled about it, on gaf no less (oh well I dont care as much for spoilers as some do)

I never ran into him. Apparently something happens if you--

--pick up the cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom