• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Ehhh they still are. No 6 on the list of manga sites is pretty big.

There are so many of them though, and you can find chapters on BBS sites anyway. This just makes it harder for those who don't understand chinese

You're right. How did I miss that.

_hekk05

Banned
New serialisation: LIttLE13, by 松永孝之 (Matsunaga Takayuki)

Serialised in Comic Walker

rhpgca.jpg

Stars a young lady in what seems like a post-medieval and pre-industrialisation era. After her mother passes away, she binds her chest, cuts her hair, and pretends to be a boy to find work.

She accidentally triggers a hidden mechanism to an underground cellar, and accidentally drops her mother's pocketwatch down the cellar. In the cellar, she finds a demon locked in a cell. He returns her watch, and she leaves him some food in return the next day.

Fucked up things happen
poisoning (I think), gang rape etc
, demon kills everybody, brings heads to girl, who obviously is horrified. Demon hunter appears, chapter ends.

Art is nice, the demon has some fun with his powers, the actual murders are pretty gruesome.

Demon is named Jack (ジャック), but I don't think has anything to do with Jack the Ripper.

Will follow

_hekk05

Banned
Screw you.

From Shouta you dummy, not me.

Well, that's a rather detailed synopsis. Sounds interesting, but here's the million-dollar question: What are the odds of it being localized/scanlated?

Probably zero. Panda you wanna take this? There's even furigana. If not I'll probably do it

So I've been reading Mahouka LN. Volume 10 [Visitor chapter (II) chapter 11] is pretty hilarious.

Sort of a weird list, given there are a couple of dead sites.

Probably because of bureaucracy. Most of them are pretty big though

_hekk05

Banned
Do I have to stab you with a spork?

Get those infernal things away from me! I have no idea why Popeye's thinks its a good idea to give its customers sporks to eat mashed potato

You say that but you've yet to do anything! You're just trying to get my hopes up, aren't you?!

I guess I'll do this one then. Only 56 pages. At least the raws are HQ and don't require levelling

Lain

Have these kind of operations ever worked?

They work for a little bit, maybe get some aggregator sites to close and some scared scanlators to retreat to irc, then it's back to business again like nothing happened for the illegal world.
If they don't work on offering legal alternatives that are as easy to use and cheap, nothing is gonna change.

Zweizer

Banned
They work for a little bit, maybe get some aggregator sites to close and some scared scanlators to retreat to irc, then it's back to business again like nothing happened for the illegal world.
If they don't work on offering legal alternatives that are as easy to use and cheap, nothing is gonna change.

Thought as much. Guess it's mostly smokes and mirrors to please the industry lobbyists.

That list of sites is hilarious and pathetic. The issue is your business model. Fix it dummies, you're wasting a global industry because of your isolationism and incompetence.

Shengar

That list of sites is hilarious and pathetic. The issue is your business model. Fix it dummies, you're wasting a global industry because of your isolationism and incompetence.

With SE originally not planning to release the-already-600k-selling-Bravely Default in the west, I'm not really surprised they wouldn't for years to come and keeping on like this.

Zweizer

Banned
Miss Sunflower ch1-3

It's a pretty cute slice of life shoujo ai, although the characters are somewhat lacking in personality. At least their interactions are fun to follow.

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki 1-5

Tall girls are best.

Tall girls are, indeed, the best.

But I cheated and looked a bit at the raws, and
this is a pretty slow romance series, in fact it's more slice of life/romance. Don't hope for a fast advancement of plot here.

Vito

Banned

But I cheated and looked a bit at the raws, and
this is a pretty slow romance series, in fact it's more slice of life/romance. Don't hope for a fast advancement of plot here.

Been keeping my eye on it for a while, before the first tankobon came out. The first five chapters already have that feeling of a story that doesn't plan to go anywhere soon, lol.

New serialisation: LIttLE13, by 松永孝之 (Matsunaga Takayuki)

Serialised in Comic Walker

Stars a young lady in what seems like a post-medieval and pre-industrialisation era. After her mother passes away, she binds her chest, cuts her hair, and pretends to be a boy to find work.

She accidentally triggers a hidden mechanism to an underground cellar, and accidentally drops her mother's pocketwatch down the cellar. In the cellar, she finds a demon locked in a cell. He returns her watch, and she leaves him some food in return the next day.

Fucked up things happen
poisoning (I think), gang rape etc
, demon kills everybody, brings heads to girl, who obviously is horrified. Demon hunter appears, chapter ends.

Art is nice, the demon has some fun with his powers, the actual murders are pretty gruesome.

Demon is named Jack (ジャック), but I don't think has anything to do with Jack the Ripper.

Will follow
Thanks for posting all these new serializations!

Zweizer

Banned
Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch1-5

The art is pretty great and detailed, and their relationship is rather adorable, even if progress is slow. The relaxed atmosphere of a slice of life makes following their antics all the more easier (even if the "big girl" angle kind of loses focus as it goes on).

Tall girls are best.

I suggest y'all read Do you like big girls? as well if you don't mind borderline Lain stuff.

Usobuko

Banned
Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki ch1-5

The art is pretty great and detailed, and their relationship is rather adorable, even if progress is slow. The relaxed atmosphere of a slice of life makes following their antics all the more easier (even if the "big girl" angle kind of loses focus as it goes on).

If you read Katekin, you can probably expect smut scenario for this manga.

These two last chapters, Nitta must be thinking people want him dead.
He's lucky the old man showed up when he did, things almost went south for him. :lol

Haha, I'm sure by now everyone who reads Hinamatsuri would find Nitta is the most 'normal' person in that manga.

Marika is going to be the main heroine on the front of the PS Vita game cover from the overwhelming support from here fans. Thank you once again Y-san for supporting your waifu.

Game will now officially save the Vita

And increase sales by 1000%

Or at least increase store advertisement blitz by 3000%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom