• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Guys, I just need to reiterate this, even though it's been known for a while.

Corneria.

CORNERIA.

Fucking. Glorious. Beautiful. Strangely sensual. Corneria. ;~;

In my experience, the sort of people that stream themselves playing video games are the sort of people you'd generally prefer don't talk.

Like, the first stream I watched there were two guys, each of them doing their own stream. The one I was watching was trying to get his quality stabilized for the viewers, and the other literally said something to the effect of "don't care just playing too bad for the viewers"

Then that same person (the one who didn't care about his stream quality) was all "hey guys if you wanna pick which character I play next donate and subscribe otherwise I'm gonna keep playing the same character" or some shit.

I feel like I'm an alien with this shit. I cannot stand listening to some of these people. Like, it's enough for me to just sit here and read GAF instead of watching the stream.

jesus japan gets the game this week AND they get a demo?! you're breaking my balls here nintendo. let us filthy westerners get that demo too yo.

Pikma

Banned
Fixed that for you.
image.php

emb

Dark Phoenix and Wolverine were S tier characters that dominated at all levels of play in vanilla MvC3. You are not correct.
You're kinda both correct. It varies at different levels of play because of different reason.

At low levels of Melee, Marth dominates Falcon with range. At higher/mid levels, when Falcon is able to combo, the matchup is basically even. At low levels, ICs probably aren't very good, but once they learn chaingrabs and wobbling, they get a lot better.

Though the overall rankings usually stay pretty close to the same order, there is some variation by skill level.

Guys, I just need to reiterate this, even though it's been known for a while.

Corneria.

CORNERIA.

Fucking. Glorious. Beautiful. Strangely sensual. Corneria. ;~;

Corneria is nice, but I won't be happy until I get Green Greens. They can't bring back blah stages like Mushroomy Kingdom and Brinstar while leaving the greatest Smash stage in history behind.

So Ghirahim is basically Gray Fox, only not dangerous.

I'd be more excited about Corneria if we didn't have it in the last two games.

Doesn't matter to me, really. It didn't have to be back. I'm very happy that it is =] Hopefully it doesn't feel awkward to play on like it did in Brawl

We just need Temple, Fountain of Dreams, and Dreamland 64 for the Wii U version and all will be well.

YES. Sakurai, if you are truly our Messiah, you will have this become true

Corneria is nice, but I won't be happy until I get Green Greens. They can't bring back blah stages like Mushroomy Kingdom and Brinstar while leaving the greatest Smash stage in history behind.

Believe that it will be back, Gonzales =D

Revven

Like, the first stream I watched there were two guys, each of them doing their own stream. The one I was watching was trying to get his quality stabilized for the viewers, and the other literally said something to the effect of "don't care just playing too bad for the viewers"

Then that same person (the one who didn't care about his stream quality) was all "hey guys if you wanna pick which character I play next donate and subscribe otherwise I'm gonna keep playing the same character" or some shit.

I feel like I'm an alien with this shit. I cannot stand listening to some of these people. Like, it's enough for me to just sit here and read GAF instead of watching the stream.

And that's why I don't go to streamers I've never heard of. Then again, I guess if you're not in tune to the competitive Smash community I suppose it's impossible to actually "recognize" people (or if you don't even watch streams period).

My recommendation would be to watch http://www.twitch.tv/x2__ or maybe www.twitch.tv/shofu

georly

I'm really glad Link has been buffed. Obviously too early to say anything in the grand scheme of things, but I'm definitely giving him a whirl.

Yup. Way too early to tell. I do remember thinking link was better in brawl. For about a day.

Hope it's not the same here.

Dark Phoenix and Wolverine were S tier characters that dominated at all levels of play in vanilla MvC3. You are not correct.

I remember that off of initial footage alone, people thought Phoenix was ass because she had half the health of an actual character, AND needed 5 bars to go Dark. People also took quite a while to pick up Wolverine, if you remember, because a lot of people thought he hadn't improved from MvC2 (for some reason). I think it wasn't until Justin Wong picked up Wolverine and started doing well with him that people started to realize how good he was, and Wolverine became as dominant in vanilla as he was.

HiroTSK5

Now that the demo is up we will no longer receive menu updates

Right?.....

Sakurai: Here's a screen shot of the Character Select Screen for the demo, while it has come out just two days before the games Japanese release we currently have no plans for an international release of this demo.

Revven

What is this? Some casual thing?

Just watch this

It's easy to fix, too. Basically, if you don't tech the ground and if you hit them with a low% attack at the right point in the animation they will "bounce" on the ground and you can keep repeating the same attack all the way to ledge. If there's a wall, you can keep them locked against the wall infinitely. There is a variant of this with Falco where you can laser lock people, which as you can imagine, is the same thing just doing it with standing lasers. You have to still time it the same way so it's not "free" by any means but it's definitely one of the dumbest bugs in Brawl.

Mega Man has received so much love in this game, no matter what happens to his games, he will forever be immortalized in one of the greatest series of all time with some of the greatest characters of all time.

emb

How is jab lock back? I thought the finishers were forced now. I guess you can just first-hit jab over and over?

Anth0ny

How do you feel about the demo's combo potential?

It's there. Combos absolutely exist. I'm stringing together some 3-4 hit combos, and this is with just a couple of hours of play. Keep in mind I still don't feel comfortable playing on the 3DS, so my movement is sloppy. The combos will only get better as time goes on.

ffdgh

It's there. Combos absolutely exist. I'm stringing together some 3-4 hit combos, and this is with just a couple of hours of play. Keep in mind I still don't feel comfortable playing on the 3DS, so my movement is sloppy. The combos will only get better as time goes on.

Already sounds and looks more promising than brawl. Thanks your your impressions!

Btw your chaingrab vid is quite popular lol.

emb

I'm having the same problem. Buffering forever.

Any way to lower the resolution/quality? That's the only thing I can think of.
I'd just go to one of the other streams. I had the same problem with that one.

Click on the 'Smash Bros.' link where it says what they're playing.

Top Bottom