• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2014 [Up4: PS4 #1, XB1 last week sales 2x last Jul week]

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Actually Aqua, how did the crossover do compared to Miracle Mask's before release date sales (<1K)? Hopefully not that bad, right?...

How about this guess....

Wii U < 3DS < Wii U 8/2014 + Wii U 8/2013?

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm surprised people are still playing the "everythings fine with the console market, look at those hardware launch numbers!" card.

How long into this generation do we need to wait before we are allowed to look at hardware trajectories compared to prior generations and see there is a fairly massive contraction?
How many months more of YoY software sales decline of what was already a stagnant market attributed to generational fatigue before it sinks in that there might actually be a problem with the current console industry?

I like how people beating this contraction drum keep forgetting to acknowledge that the Wii's meteoric rise and just as shocking decline was an anomaly outside of Nintendo's console trajectory. When something like that drops off the face of the Earth like Wii did, of course it's going to show contraction.

well, what do you expect it did?

i mean, it's not like the 3ds suddenly crashed and burned...

....like the vita...

When was Vita's sales a crash and burn affair? I thought it was always more of a slow drip from a faucet slowly being turned down

Also this means 3DS did not do good I guess? :\

Ty4on

It's not "hate." If you post something suggesting the Xbox One will outsell the PS4, it is strongly criticized because of how unlikely it is.

Although of course there are fanboys. Not arguing that. In this case, it doesn't take a fanboy to suggest that your forecast is unrealistic.

Track my post back, it had nothing to do with console sales. I talked about the attatch rate being higher for Madden 15 on XB1 somehow being "spin".

wigwag85

Banned
I like how people beating this contraction drum keep forgetting to acknowledge that the Wii's meteoric rise and just as shocking decline was an anomaly outside of Nintendo's console trajectory. When something like that drops off the face of the Earth like Wii did, of course it's going to show contraction.

So how you explain the other consoles' trajectory contractions?

creamsugar

Ellen Page remastered ~ 157k
&#8734; ~ 66k

Sum of top 10 SW LTD, not include special edition and bundle:
PS4: 7,452k
XB1: 7,207k
WiiU: 4,626k

Replicant

I'm surprised people are still playing the "everythings fine with the console market, look at those hardware launch numbers!" card.

How long into this generation do we need to wait before we are allowed to look at hardware trajectories compared to prior generations and see there is a fairly massive contraction?
How many months more of YoY software sales decline of what was already a stagnant market attributed to generational fatigue before it sinks in that there might actually be a problem with the current console industry?

It's fucking annoying when someone like you act all-knowing and concerned about the console industry and yet...

Proposing zero, ZERO fucking solution about it. So what are you doing here? Just showing off your observation skills? Just concern trolling?

Nor did you ponder why contraction is inevitable in the face of increasing number of mobile devices available these days.

I'm expecting an LPB3 bundle or a Driveclub bundle.

The PS4 white should also be out before Xmas.

Yeah, especially with Europe getting a Driveclub bundle, they'll probably do one here too.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they do get a GTA V bundle since it was at their conference.

Probably waiting until Destiny gets some room though before announcing what's next.

Wow TLOU:R did far better this month than I thought it would. Dropped 42%

Mario Kart 8 is disappointing

XB1 SW sales keeping it in the game relatively at least

donny2112

Sum of top 10 SW LTD, not include special edition and bundle:
PS4: 7,452k
XB1: 7,207k
WiiU: 4,626k

And Wii U out for a year longer to give some of those more time to sell. Just not good for Wii U any which way. Of course, didn't really expect something different. :p

Thanks!

crazyprac

What does Sony have coming out this Holiday? It's really not that much of a jump to think Xbox One could do better than the PS4 for Q4. Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection. That's a baller line-up no matter what side of the fence you're on. There are only so many people interested in gaming consoles and at some point, the number of PS4 buyers will peak where you could argue that the Xbox One market hasn't been completely tapped. Of course, a lot of this is my own opinion and speculation, but there is no speculating on which platform has the better holiday line-up right now.

Well since my own opinion and speculation will apparently lead to no speculation which platform has the better holiday line up this is my future holiday purchases:

forza 2, driveclub for exclusives
ass creed (ps4), gtav(ps4 if it does come out this fall), bf(ps4 if pc version craps all over my sli 770s because DRIVER ISSUES)

SO will wait until theres a sale, mCC will only offer me nostalgia factor so I can wait for sale. Lbp3 when game of the year edition comes out LOL. Ill wait on reviews for FarCry/DragonAge

So exclusivity wise is par. But you know theres all those other games called multi-plat that seem to sell more on PS4.

But my most played game will be... Civilization so pc wins by default.

wigwag85

Banned
It's fucking annoying when someone like you act all-knowing and concerned about the console industry and yet...

Proposing zero, ZERO fucking solution about it. So what are you doing here? Just showing off your observation skills? Just concern trolling?

Nor did you ponder why contraction is inevitable in the face of increasing number of mobile devices available these days.

Concern trolling would be saying something like "Doesn't the PS4 look tired, though," back in December while the PS4 was still selling gangbusters.

Concern trolling isn't, "the evidence strongly suggests a massive contraction."

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Effectively Mario Kart 8 sold approximately 1.1 million on an install base of what 2.7 million?

That's a 41% attach rate!

I wonder how many DLC pre-orders have been booked from those users? Hopefully Iwata speaks about that at their October meeting.

Top Bottom