• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Wii) Discussion Thread of "I'm back, bitches!"

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It was sort of confirmed for localization when they sent out the Poochie redesign survey.

Can anyone else with the issue confirm all this?

If true, YAY! Klonoa didn't go poochy! :p

And yeah, it was obvious when the survey came out that it was heading over here.

Klonoa 2 remake was of course a no-brainer, but I hope the poor Japanese sales of Klonoa 1 Wii didn't affect their plans. :(

What's the LTD on the game in Japan by now? It came out on... Dec 4th right?

I'm sure if it does perform well everywhere else, we'll be seeing more Klonoa on the Wii for sure. :D

Davey Cakes

Two things:

1) I'm very glad they kept the old design. It feels much more original and unique. Glad I wasn't alone on this one.

2) I am VERY MUCH interested in Klonoa on Wii. It looks very promising. Something with the style and gameplay that I could truly enjoy. Awaiting localization.

Hero of Legend said:
Zane_Truesdale7 from GameFAQs says that NP confirms the release for Spring.

Hero of Legend
Will learn to properly capitalise or face certain death.
(Today, 07:56 AM)
Reply | Quote

If that's the case, will definitely buy it.

Every one one of you fools better buy this game when it comes out here. :D

Not like anything else good is coming out on the Wii soon! (besides MADWORLD <3)

CiSTM

Banned
I always wanted to play Klonoa games and now I have my chance or do I ? Any info about possible EU release ?

AniHawk

baka kitsune said:
Every one one of you fools better buy this game when it comes out here. :D

Not like anything else good is coming out on the Wii soon! (besides Little King's Story <3)

Fixed.

Jim

Announced for North America.
NAMCO BANDAI GAMES ANNOUNCES KLONOA® FOR Wii™

A Classic Returns with Updated Graphics and Controls

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (January 9, 2009) - Leading video games publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announced today that Klonoa® will be available in North America for Wii™ in 2009. Klonoa’s long-awaited return offers vibrant graphics, motion control and new secrets to discover in this update to the series’ debut adventure. Highly revered as one of the best platform games of the past 10 years, Klonoa will ignite Wii owners’ imaginations with addictive gameplay, exciting stages and a memorable story.

“Klonoa’s return marks an exciting re-boot of this beloved franchise with old-school gameplay, spectacular graphics and an instantly recognizable character,” said Todd Thorson, director of marketing and public relations for NAMCO BANDAI Games America. “Klonoa’s time-tested gameplay and intricate level design make for an awesome experience on Wii.”

Help Klonoa save Phantomile, a land formed by the dreams of its inhabitants, and recently besieged by an unknown evil. Klonoa’s breathtaking journey takes him through a series of increasingly difficult stages across multiple kingdoms as he strives to save his friends and homeland. Throughout his quest, Klonoa is aided by his friend Hewpoe, a benevolent spirit who resides in the ring from which Klonoa is able to fire his Wind Bullet. The Wind Bullet gives Klonoa the ability to grab and inflate his enemies and use them to his advantage.

With a simple move of the Wii Remote™ Klonoa can throw captured enemies to break obstacles, uncover hidden items or defeat other enemies. Klonoa can also use any enemy he is holding to perform a double jump which allows him to reach high ledges or jump across large pits. By moving the Nunchuk™, Klonoa can use his whirlwind to slowdown approaching enemies. In addition to the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls, Klonoa offers a wide range of control options for any style of play, including Wii Remote only, Classic Controller and the Nintendo GameCube™

HUELEN10

Wahoo! I hope NA doesn't get fucked over with a possible lack of Wii Remote only option WITHOUT motion control...

Highly revered as one of the best platform games of the past 10 years
That's quite an accomplishment, considering it wasn't released in the past 10 years. (Unless you count the Japan-only compilation with three other Namco PS1 games on a PS2 disc)

Why do companies go out of their way to make screenshots of their Wii games as jagtastic as possible? The game looks way better in motion than those screens indicate.

ashism

So glad they arent changing the little catbunnyhatguy, I've grown pretty fond of him over the years.

It's been a long time since I played Klonoa 1 or 2, I wonder if the gameplay still holds up today.

Ranger X

THANK GOD FOR THE CLASSIC CONTROLLER SUPPORT.

I really didn't want to suffer throwing stuff with the Wii Remote. Especially in later levels, throwing/grabbing require precision and that must get really shitting with the movement delay. Button press for the win!!

Looks awesome and always wanted to own the PS1 one. Looks like i'm gonna buy this day one.

dyls

ashism said:
It's been a long time since I played Klonoa 1 or 2, I wonder if the gameplay still holds up today.

It does.

I don't like the nebulous "2009" timeframe though. I really hope they get this out pretty quick; I can't see how there would be all that much localization for a game that features voiceovers that are gibberish.

Vinci

Danish
dyls said:
I don't like the nebulous "2009" timeframe though. I really hope they get this out pretty quick.

They need to. Bringing it out once Nintendo starts actively bringing things out would be idiotic.

Apenheul

Looking fabulous, I've always wanted to play this game and I've even missed out on the GBA game(s). Oh and eh thanks for using the Indirect Texture Unit, Klonoa devs. It really makes the visuals stand out.

Sadist said:
Now we only need the Euro announcement...

Afaik a release for Europe was already confirmed a while ago, I think it was scheduled for July 2009.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Ranger X said:
THANK GOD FOR THE CLASSIC CONTROLLER SUPPORT.

I really didn't want to suffer throwing stuff with the Wii Remote. Especially in later levels, throwing/grabbing require precision and that must get really shitting with the movement delay. Button press for the win!!

Looks awesome and always wanted to own the PS1 one. Looks like i'm gonna buy this day one.

Why couldn't you use the buttons to throw the enemies with the Wiimote? The game has like, 2 actions. I know they said they'd have motion controls in the US version, but I don't think they'll be mandatory.

Day One

Never played the first Klonoa game, but i really loved Klonoa 2. The GBA games were ok, but not as good as the PS2 game.

I'm glad he's in his classic look too. I'd be pissed if they changed him.

JoeFenix

I'm currently going through Klonoa 2 for the first time and HELL YEAH the gameplay holds up.

It's so damn good, can't wait! The devs even said they plan to remake Klonoa 2 and continue the series if this port sells.

But it won't obviously :(

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
mm, what do we have here? a deeeelicious platfomer, nom-nom-nom.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'll definitely be re-buying this. Still disappointed that I can't get my PSOne copy to work on my PSP.

Also, kudos to Scamco Namco for not butchering the localization and giving us Edgy Pooch-Monster as the hero.

dyls

Kilrogg said:
Why couldn't you use the buttons to throw the enemies with the Wiimote? The game has like, 2 actions. I know they said they'd have motion controls in the US version, but I don't think they'll be mandatory.

Yeah, it's a two-button game; tailor made for the wiimote sideways. I don't see why they would force the use of motion controls, although now I'm getting mental images of both buttons being jump and everything else being waggle.

Let's hope not.

played and finished the original, now I wish I kept the original. Ebay prices are INSANE for this game.

edit: while the cutscenes for the Wii are in realtime now, I still prefer the prerendered ones. They are edited better with better camera angles and everything.

Top Bottom