• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Games’ Katsuhiro Harada Hints At Tekken 7 Coming To The PC

Tekken 7 will be powered by Unreal Engine 4 and while a PC version is rumored to be coming out, there is still no official word from Bandai Namco Games about such a version. Still, during an interview with Korean website inven, Bandai Namco Games’ Katsuhiro Harada hinted at this new fighting game finally coming to our platform.

As Harada said when asked about a possible PC version, Bandai Namco Games has not determined yet the platforms in which Tekken 7 will appear (other of course than the arcade version).

“We have not yet decided or confirmed platforms other than arcade since it is not done yet. We are considering a PC version for certain countries that prefer or need to play on PC.”

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/banda...ro-harada-hints-at-tekken-7-coming-to-the-pc/

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
jack-gif.gif

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Oh lord. Platforms (aside from PC) not confirmed? This could get interesting.

Javin98

Banned
Sure, it would be great to have a PC port so PC gamers could give this amazing fighting game franchise a try for the first time in the series history but I miss the good old days when Tekken used to be a PlayStation exclusive franchise.

"during an interview with Korean website inven"

So it shouldn't be a problem to link the thing at least right?

Uhm, isn't the game already confirmed for PC?

“Taka Kawasaki, head of Epic Studios Japan, confirmed to Korean site kdramastars that not only was a PC version happening, it would be the "leading one" thanks to the Unreal Engine 4.”

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Tekken-7-Coming-PC-With-Return-Jun-Kazama-66416.html

Dude, kdramastars.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Now let's get some cross-play in this one as well if possible, thanks. Would be a good option that unites everyone(?)

Javin98

Banned

“Taka Kawasaki, head of Epic Studios Japan, confirmed to Korean site kdramastars that not only was a PC version happening, it would be the "leading one" thanks to the Unreal Engine 4.”

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Tekken-7-Coming-PC-With-Return-Jun-Kazama-66416.html
LOL, Jun Kazama will be returning? I'm a huge Tekken fan and I haven't heard anything of the sort. She wasn't even hinted at in the trailer. The source seems unreliable.

Momentary

Banned

Kdramastars makes stuff up.

But going back to the article. South Korea loves Tekken, but most people in that country play their games on PC. Sure they go to the arcade to enjoy the games, but I'm sure Namco Bandai realizes that they could probably make better money releasing this game on PC. Especially in other countries around the world where PC gaming is dominant because of ridiculous price hikes on consoles and their games.

Nzyme32

NEVER trust kdramastars - renowned for making up complete nonsense for kicks. Also never trust any site that decides to use kdramastars as a source for their news. If you were to believe kdramastars, HL3 is already out, FFXV and Kingdom Hearts are already confirmed and dated for PC etc etc.

Bullshit.

On topic - Tekken 7 is using UE4, it shouldn't be hard to put it on a lot of platforms. Pretty sure we will see it on PC, pretty sure I'll buy it on PC should it do so.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I welcome this game on PC. In fact, go back and release Tekken Tag 2 on PC as well please. =D

Gambit61

Harada PLS. SF, MK, AND Tekken on PC would be so amazing. Instant access to all my fighters at any crazy resolution I want + cool costume mods if possible.

Momentary

Banned
Every fighting game port gets locked to 60 so the frame data is the same. I've always wondered how a traditional fighter would play at 120fps.

Well, if they develop the key-frames with 120fps in mind to start off with, then they can set a cap for 60fps as tournament standards since the baseline for the game will be consoles.

Bandai Namco Entertainment.

I still haven't kept up with this game, I think it's because I'm still waiting for Tekken X Street Fighter. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

But good news for PC players!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
With PC architecture being at the core of these ports, there is not real excuse not to have a PC port unless you just dont think its worth it at all.

Now let's get some cross-play in this one as well if possible, thanks. Would be a good option that unites everyone(?)

Not as long as MS is around, its impossible.

I welcome this game on PC. In fact, go back and release Tekken Tag 2 on PC as well please. =D

People should remember why these games are getting PC ports to begin with. Its not because PC is just so awesome to these developers. Its because its super easy cause they have to make the games on PC now anyway, considering all the platforms share the same DNA and PC architecture. Its basically no effort to port.

On the other hand, they would have to actually put in effort to go back and reverse engineer their previous engine to work for PC, which is why they abandoned it to start. You wont see any of the previous games on PC.

People should remember why these games are getting PC ports to begin with. Its not because PC is just so awesome to these developers. Its because its super easy cause they have to make the games on PC now anyway, considering all the platforms share the same DNA and PC architecture. Its basically no effort to port.

On the other hand, they would have to actually put in effort to go back and reverse engineer their previous engine to work for PC, which is why they abandoned it to start. You wont see any of the previous games on PC.

Explain Enslaved and Naruto Storm 3 then. They were both last gen games recently ported to PC, by Namco.

EDIT: Add Dark Souls PTD in there too.

I consider it a lock, great thing too! They'd basically just be leaving money on the table

Plus Bandai Namco has just been loving the PC lately

This would be awesome, but...

Tekken 7 looks like Tekken 6/TTT2 with TR additions.

This would probably be the first major PC fighter I'd skip. With the exception of a small dedicated fanbase, nobody wants to play a game with stupidly hard to learn movement and just frames.

Top Bottom