• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best SDHC cards for a 3DS XL?

RowdyReverb

I switched from a very old, slow SD card to some new fast PNY card in mine and noticed literally no difference between the two. So you're probably fine with whatever you choose, OP.

MrPanic

I think you could go over 32gb if you format those bigger sd cards in a particular way.

The sd card you linked works perfectly btw.

I used both stock 4 class and Kingston 10 class and saw no difference whatsoever. I will, however, warn you about using preowned, used or ultra-cheap cards - one of those has repeatedly crashed my Smash 3DS save data several times.

Also, you can use 64 and 128 Gb cards, but you need to force format them to FAT32 using third-party tools. They will work fine, but the "free blocks" counter in 3DS System Settings will be kind of broken.

BasilZero

I used both stock 4 class and Kingston 10 class and saw no difference whatsoever. I will, however, warn you about using preowned, used or ultra-cheap cards - one of those has repeatedly crashed my Smash 3DS save data several times.

Wait so is the one I linked in the OP falls into that category o_O?

I think you could go over 32gb if you format those bigger sd cards in a particular way.

The sd card you linked works perfectly btw.

OOoh ok thanks!

BasilZero

No, I mean the ones which made by unknown manufacturer or being bundled with some B-grade electronics. Your one is pretty damn good.

Oh I see. Yeah I make sure I only buy New and from brands I trust. I love SanDisk so hopefully no issues ;p. Thanks again!

Top Bottom