• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men should dance, the more manly they are, the more they should dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

oLjAfgI.gif

Is that... is that Jason Statham?

sphinx

the piano man
trying to stay on topic and thinking about what could be considered manly dancing, I have never seen a group of men dance manlier than in the last scene of Michael Jackson's "The Way you make me feel".

I mean look at these badass moves, so fucking sexy and not "funny" or weird in the slightest, there's testosterone there.

twymmf1_zpsqogfciq5.gif

twymmf2.gif_zpsrm6f39pa.gif

jehuty

The OP is a pretty good reason why tons of Spanish speaking dudes know how to dance. This is even truer if you are from one of the Caribbean Latin American countries. Good luck getting and keeping any ladies from Cuba, DR, or Puerto Rico if you can dance well to Bachata or Salsa.

Everyone knows a good dancer attracts more women but some of us have anxiety that make us feel stupid the more we move even though the opposite is probably true.

It's odd it's like the more my hips move the more of a scene I feel i'm making. It's stupid.

But I detest dancing and no it isn't one of those "You'll like it if you!" No fuck off I hate dancing it makes me feel incredibly awkward and stupid which comes out the more I dance and it very quickly starts being a turn off to everyone in sight.

People should dance because it's fun.

But I detest dancing and no it isn't one of those "You'll like it if you!" No fuck off I hate dancing it makes me feel incredibly awkward and stupid which comes out the more I dance and it very quickly starts being a turn off to everyone in sight.

Feeling awkward about dancing isn't an intrinsic aspect of dancing. It's kind of like saying you hate going to football games because the stadium is crowded, that's not necessarily always going to be the case.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

"Well then you should be drinking, bruh!"

The Boat

I don't always feel like dancing the rare times I go to a club, but the the last two times I went out just to let loose and have fun, I danced my heart out and both times I came home with a gorgeous girl. I'm not an attractive person and I very much doubt I'm a good dancer, but hey, I was having fun and I was giving zero fucks, so I guess that has some effect.

Dancing is fun, even (especially?) if you don't know how to.

dtcm83

In my experience, here are some of the types of people I've encountered that like to dance:

1) Have a knack for it already - they get out there on the dance floor and can instinctively move their body in a way that feels good and flows, I know people that have been able to do this practically from birth...they just have that dancing gene, and who doesn't like being complimented on being a good/confident dancer?

2) Can't do it without a decent amount of booze - alcohol can often bring out "moves" in people while music is playing...your body is loose, your inhibitions are down, and you have a F*CK IT attitude so WHY NOT DANCE EVERY TIME I'M F*CKING DRUNK!!!

3) Are wrapped up in club culture and associate dancing with getting laid by grinding all night at the club. Like getting laid? Dancing leads to getting laid, so you like dancing now! Sometimes type 3s are type 2s as well.

4) Don't have a knack for it and don't have flow, but do it anyways because they have no shame and are inconsiderate of others. The people I know that fit into this category are generally narcissists (sometimes just socially inept), they don't care if they are doing the wrong type of dance for the music, they don't care if their dance moves suck, they just don't care...what they do care about is attention and having the spotlight on them. "Hey, look at me, I'm dancing like an idiot and ruining everyone else's flow LOL!! Give me attention!!!"

Personally, I don't like to dance. I never have. I don't have the dancing gene, don't drink enough to be a drunk dancer, don't even live near any clubs, and am a fairly humble/reserved person that does not like to be the center of attention. I'll do it at a wedding if pushed enough/my partner insists, but I have never truly enjoyed doing it. Except for slow dancing, I can do that pretty much no problem and feel indifferent towards it.

I once told a girl that I didn't think I could love someone enough to take a dancing class with them, after the first session of a dance class she paid for. I didn't go to the second session.

leadbelly

Banned
It's funny actually. I used to be quite heavily into the club scene. I am a good dancer and everything. However, I was far more interested in dancing than I was looking at the hot women in the club (lol). The rush when that one classic tune starts playing. I lived for those nights. I didn't give a fuck about the women.

In my experience, here are some of the types of people I've encountered that like to dance:

1) Have a knack for it already - they get out there on the dance floor and can instinctively move their body in a way that feels good and flows, I know people that have been able to do this practically from birth...they just have that dancing gene, and who doesn't like being complimented on being a good/confident dancer?

2) Can't do it without a decent amount of booze - alcohol can often bring out "moves" in people while music is playing...your body is loose, your inhibitions are down, and you have a F*CK IT attitude so WHY NOT DANCE EVERY TIME I'M F*CKING DRUNK!!!

3) Are wrapped up in club culture and associate dancing with getting laid by grinding all night at the club. Like getting laid? Dancing leads to getting laid, so you like dancing now! Sometimes type 3s are type 2s as well.

4) Don't have a knack for it and don't have flow, but do it anyways because they have no shame and are inconsiderate of others. The people I know that fit into this category are generally narcissists (sometimes just socially inept), they don't care if they are doing the wrong type of dance for the music, they don't care if their dance moves suck, they just don't care...what they do care about is attention and having the spotlight on them. "Hey, look at me, I'm dancing like an idiot and ruining everyone else's flow LOL!! Give me attention!!!"

Personally, I don't like to dance. I never have. I don't have the dancing gene, don't drink enough to be a drunk dancer, don't even live near any clubs, and am a fairly humble/reserved person that does not like to be the center of attention. I'll do it at a wedding if pushed enough/my partner insists, but I have never truly enjoyed doing it. Except for slow dancing, I can do that pretty much no problem and feel indifferent towards it.

Maybe you should avoid places in general, it seems like your real issue is other people having fun tbh

Maximo

LOL WUT. Yeah fuck those people that aren't great at dancing but try, if you can't dance you should stand in the corner like a social reject rather then having fun! That whole paragraph just makes you sound like you have a real warped way of looking at those people.

dtcm83

Maybe you should avoid places in general, it seems like your real issue is other people having fun tbh

I don't really care what others do, was just stating my experience with people I have known throughout the years and some opinion-based sweeping generalizations. More power to anyone that does enjoy it, gets laid with it, gets more attention with it, etc.

The one thing I have not tried is a dancing class...could potentially shake up my perspective.

But I already do this. I'm from Austin, TX I have to know how to dance, it's in my nature.

Plus is fun as all hell, especially when you get a group sorrounding you and cheering you on.

ChouGoku

I do like to dance and used to be up on all the hip hop dances but I live and basically grew up in boulder colorado. There arent many black people here so when its a bunch of white people staring at a black guy dancing in a circle I feel weird. I know I shouldnt but I still do

JC Lately

Put me in front of a screen with directional arrows scrolling across it in time with the music, and stand the hell back.

I’ll show you a little something something GAF.

In pinch, a Kinect and a copy of Just Dance will do. But not 2015. That shit is terrible.

faridmon

[/B]

Wow, you do talk a lot of shit.
Who are you to judge other people and their tendencies to have fun.
Or who are you to judge whether a dance is appropriate or not.

People dance to have fun, I head bang in most gigs, because I am having fun and I don't care whatever fuck you think, because you are just projecting your insecurities on others.

Derwind

Wait, so moving side to side and tilting my head slightly wasn't having any effect? Well damn, there goes all my hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom