• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Insider #5: Gotham by Night

that skyline shot, that dive, the speed!.... im ready.
Batman+cat_087416_4270489.jpg

CryptiK

Ahaha that guy at the start sounds so uncomfortable. Also the Batmobile stuns people when they get ran over lol.

erawsd

I dont know why I get a kick out of Gaz yelling and losing his shit over every little thing, while the other guy just kinda monotonously describes what hes doing.

delSai

I dont know why I get a kick out of Gaz yelling and losing his shit over every little thing, while the other guy just kinda monotonously describes what hes doing.

Nothing will ever beat him at PSX. He was screaming like an insane person. It was the best.

erawsd

The batmobile plowing through like 5 dudes is friggin hilarious. Its almost like they're trolling all the "Batman would never do that!" people.

People rioting?! Batman doesn't like that. XD I don't like the combat, but the traversal in-game looks dope. I could see myself just enjoying diving from rooftops and gliding everywhere for a couple of hours before getting bored of the combat.

Gurish

Holy shit Batman killed like 5 people when he summoned the Batmobile, no way they can survive such a massive vehicle running over them :O

And the host is annoying and SO loud, it's really embarrassing watching this video with sound having people staring at me... Game looks fucking awesome though.

viveks86

Batman swore an oath never to kill anyone. The Batmobile swore no such oath.

Also, the Batmobile is specially designed to avoid fatal collisions with pedestrians. The surface intelligently transfers momentum outwards so that thugs are gently "tossed aside" instead of run over. They will only feel like they were shoved by a billion dollar pillow.

Oh my god, this fucking guy hahaha!!! It sounds like he's orgasming at every moment lol, do they not watch the video before they upload it and thinks: tone it down a bit please.

The batmobile plowing through like 5 dudes is friggin hilarious. Its almost like they're trolling all the "Batman would never do that!" people.

Those people need to be trolled though.

People rioting?! Batman doesn't like that. XD I don't like the combat, but the traversal in-game looks dope. I could see myself just enjoying diving from rooftops and gliding everywhere for a couple of hours before getting bored of the combat.

Have you played the Arkham games before? I find the combat to be very fun. If you're thinking Assassin's Creed it's a lot more proactive and dynamic than those games. I would advise turning off the Combat Hints to make it much more interesting.

The gliding in that video just made the two week wait for this game that much more unbearable.

And does this Batmobile literally do everything? It's now got detective vision as well. And being able to mess with the prisoners in the GCPD is an awesome new feature!

Definitely the best episode of Arkham Insider thus far.

Mother of God.

That looked fucking great!

The traversal, combat, batmobile, graphics all look stellar.

I like the passion shown by dude as well in the video haha =p

Holy shit Batman killed like 5 people when he summoned the Batmobile, no way they can survive such a massive vehicle running over them :O

And the host is annoying and SO loud, it's really embarrassing watching this video with sound having people staring at me... Game looks fucking awesome though.

Think they made it so that the Batmobile shocks and KOs whoever it hits. Like a constant electric barrier that is always around it. I'm fine with it cause well....videogames. Seems like a good workaround than having AI turn and jump out of the way over and over. What game did that? Driver? I forget.

The scale is so damn massive. It looks incredible. One thing I am curious to see that they have been holding back is the predator rooms. I would like to see what new abilities and stealth take downs he has. Though, I will probably be going on media blackout soon to avoid spoilers.

Those people need to be trolled though.

Have you played the Arkham games before? I find the combat to be very fun. If you're thinking Assassin's Creed it's a lot more proactive and dynamic than those games. I would advise turning off the Combat Hints to make it much more interesting.

I did, it's just not for me. I actually prefer AC's Unity's combat to all of Batman's game so far. I'll probably buy it when it's price is lower tho, cause I'm a sucker for open worlds and like I said, the traversal looks great and I have no doubt the story will be too, minus the combat I don't personally like.

I just don't like how Batman fights and how it's animated. Wei Shen though, now that guy knew how to fight.

I did, it's just not for me. I actually prefer AC's Unity's combat to all of Batman's game so far. I'll probably buy it when it's price is lower tho, cause I'm a sucker for open worlds and like I said, the traversal looks great and I have no doubt the story will be too, minus the combat I don't personally like.

Whaaaaa?? Give it another shot. You must go deeper! But yeah....to each their own.

cripterion

I still can't get over no civilians in the street once again for the game.
Makes it seem like Batman is just there to kick some mobster ass and not here to protect/be a vigilante.

Alienous

Makes it seem like Batman is just there to kick some mobster ass and not here to protect/be a vigilante.

I'm sure you'll come across a small number of civilians who weren't able to evacuate.

There were political prisoners in Arkham City, so I wouldn't worry about not being able to prowl the rooftops and find some unfortunate soul being attacked.

Slixshot

Banned

I can't imagine a way for them to give us control of a Batmobile if there were people on the streets though... it would be worse than GTA :)

Previous games still had people that needed saving. I'm sure this will too. I'm sure not everyone made it out of the city.

jett

D-Member
Are there robots in this game? I swear I saw Batman running over "people." I assume they were robots.

I messaged rocksteady about arkham speedrunning before but never got any kind of reply, wonder if I can win that gpu...

Alienous

Are there robots in this game? I swear I saw Batman running over "people." I assume they were robots.

His car has an electric field around it that stuns people, sending them flying away from it.

But yes, aside from that, there are robots in this game and they belong to The Riddler.

erawsd

I bet there will be people who didn't make it out of the city that'll need to be saved. Putting a bunch of civilians on the street would be a logistical nightmare.. do you just end the game if the player runs one over? Do you have them thrown around like the thugs and expect players to just pretend that they lived? or just make them like ghosts that you drive right through?

Yes. There are robots. Riddler bots. Batman also did hit enemies with the car, though the car will electrically shock them, throwing them back when they collide with it. Why? VIDEOGAMES.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm glad the hype finally grabbed me for this. I was just not feeling it for another Batman game, but going back to watch the footage and seeing how it is basically Arkham City on steroids made me change mind.

Holy shit, that Batmassacre.

The wait for this game is killing me and I'm sure my girlfriend is tired of hearing me talk about it so often but whatever, lol.

The gliding speed is amazing, the entire experience looks polished to a T.

I'm so hype.

rc6886

Unconfirmed Member

Probably easier from a gameplay/technical design standpoint to exclude them all together.

I understand the complaints, but it's never really been a problem for me. In Arkham City and Origins, I spent so much time in the air going from point A to point B, on rooftops, doing side activities/missions, etc. that I really didn't notice.

Also, I never remember a time in shows, comics, etc. where Batman was around a lot of civilians or people actually saw him "out and about" in the same manner as a character such as Superman. He's always been "that dude in the shadows".

But I do agree with the whole "super-villain-has-taken-over-and-the-whole-city-needs-to-be-evacuated" reoccurring theme in this series. You'd think at some point the US government would step in so that Batman can go back to simply policing the crazies in the city instead of letting them take it over all the time. I'm sure those city-wide evacuations are mighty expensive.

Top Bottom