• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2015 thread of refunding everything you buy (June 11-21)

Marche90

Welp. First game I bought and I'm sure won't play till the end is The Witcher. I'm intrigued by the franchise, and for around a dollar I couldn't say no, especially since I covered most of it with my Steam Wallet. Only had to actually pay like 20 cents to cover the rest

Sch1sm

Kind of disappointed with the Wasteland 2 discount, it was 60% off at GOG, but I bought it anyways.

I was hoping it'd have a higher sale. There was a price error on the mac game store at one point where it was $10. I'm still bummed I missed it and can't bring myself to pay more than that now. Hah.

CHC

Anyone who has not should definitely get New Order, it's superb. Such a great case of a game being way better than it needs to be. All they had to was make an OK WWII Nazi occult shooter, but instead they wrote some really great characters and struck this amazing semi-self-concious tone throughout the whole game.

Totally worth $15. Old Blood is worth playing too, it's just not quite as amazing as New Order.

Woorloog

Banned
If I'm going to buy a C&C game on sale, which one should I buy?

C&C 3 is quite good, especially for that price. Kane's Wrath is OK, you get more out of its campaign if you're a CnC veteran (ie Tiberian Dawn and Tiberian Sun player).

Red Alert 3 is relatively good technically and mechanically, if not stellar (rock-paper-scissors gameplay) but i can't stand the cheesiness (but then i don't care for RA2 much either) nor its art style. If you're OK with extreme silly, it may be OK.

C&C4 is simply trash, ignore.

If I'm going to buy a C&C game on sale, which one should I buy?

tiberium wars is good if you're looking for something akin to the older games

red alert 3 kind of went overboard and the co op felt kind of just thrown in there "for the hell of it" and as such I didn't like it.

C&C4 is like a wet fart

kane's wrath is good if you liked tiberium wars

uprising I didn't really like but if you like red alert 3 you'll probably like it

Kadin

45mins into the monster game and just hit 164. What in the world will we be at tomorrow at 9am PT? Craziness...

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I really liked The new order, but i'm not sure about The old blood. Opinions seems mixed about it, even from people that loved the main game.

3phemeral

Dissapointed so far. I'm spending more time "playing" the monster summer game than anything else and that hasn't really been fun. The one sale I actually have a little money to spend and I don't see anything of interest.

MiguelItUp

If any of you guys are into RTSs (especially classic ones) Grey Goo is a daily for $20. I'd highly recommend it! I wish I got paid today, oh well, at least I can make up for it next week!

So far my first Steam Sale isn't bad.

Got Pixel Pirates and Half Second Hero Bundle for 2.75 or whatever each. Three games only and nothing from my wish list yet...

jediyoshi

Hi guys, can't make a new thread 'cause I'm a junior, but if anyone it's waiting for a daily on Arkham Knight, G2Play has the game + season pass for $33.86. I bought a couple of games from them over the years and never had a problem. (Never heard anyone from gaf talk about the place, so if it's banned or something just tell me and I'll edit this post)

http://www.***********/category/16501/batman-arkham-knight-premium-edition-steam-cd-key/

P.D.: Also, http://www.dlcompare.com/ before buying in steam, sometimes it finds places selling games cheaper than steam, even during sales.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451542

Subject16

A friend of mine got this:

tWCfezt.jpg

ultron87

Everyone should buy Crypt of the Necrodancer because it is rad as hell. Also get the soundtrack so you can listen to those sweet shopkeeper tunes all the time.

Might get This War of Mine.

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Nidhogg
Valkyria Chronicles
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Metro Redux Bundle

i'm never gonna play half these help me

Decided on getting Legend of Grimrock II, Nidhogg, and Child of Light. Also got Mirror's Edge and Valkryia Chronicles yesterday, so that should be my summer of gaming along with Splatoon and Xenoblade. Only other game I'm looking for is South Park: The Stick of Truth right now.

Sch1sm

I know nothing about steam sales but this is what I would do. Its what I do with PS+ sales. Can you not buy games in Steam this way? lol

Sure, if you don't mind the discounts getting steeper on games over the days. I regretted it once with a single game. Never did it again. Patience is key.

Top Bottom