• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash3584

New info about one of the negatives of the HC review:

The reviewer feels the game does not closes off the saga as satisfactory as he would've hoped.

New info about one of the negatives of the HC review:

The reviewer feels the game does not closes off the saga as satisfactory as he would've hoped.
well it probably wasnt meant to, by the time Kojima saw Konami going scorched earth it was probably too late to make any big changes to the game

I'm really interested in how being able to make certain choices in the game (according to hobbyconsolas) is going to affect the ending if at all. Also claiming this game is GOTY 2015 and the best stealth game ever is rather bold.

The bit about there being 157 side missions seems nice but they seem to mostly boil down to the recuse this guy, disarm mines, capture this animal, etc. Hopefully there is something to give them more character and diversity.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The Spanish magazine mentions side missions where you have to locate legendary animals. Neat. Tsuchinoko pt. 2

You have to wait for the US reviews for that.

Sigh, i suppose so.

I can understand reservations about her sexualization but from everything we've heard the way she dresses is not the defining part of her character, you can change her uniform (or so I've heard?) and while she's a buddy she's not a "Get approval to X and you can sleep with her" BioWare style buddy...which sort of makes her appearance slightly oxymoronic, perhaps, but what the hell.

I suppose the apparent torture sequence may be why we're ashamed of our words and deeds because Quiet is put through pain, shame and so on and so forth with her clothes practically being burnt off thanks to our actions.

Edit: @LoveDeterrence hey I don't "want" to be ashamed per se :p I'm just intrigued if the torture is an element (IE her distress is a direct consequence of the player's actions) or if we're meant to be ashamed because "rape" etc. Although I get the feeling if Kojima totally fucked it up we would have heard about it already.

convo

I hope we get the return of the Fulton Rocket Launcher.
Reviewers can't talk much about the story it seems, need to wait for the gametrailers review to spoil the ending for us again.

Jackpot

Banned
I'll be honest. I'm slightly dumbfounded none of the reviews seem to complain about Quiet.

The pessimist in me just expected it.

We're at the point of game release where the super-early detail-free reviews are pushed out. Notice the total lack of new info about the game they have? Have to wait til around release day.

GAF, on the off chance amazon make good of delivery the guide on my bday next thursday...do people want me to pop in here and...not go berserk but ask if people want a mission list, area list etc? I mean i know it's a spoiler thread but I feel like unless people want me to type out the whole book....

Don't make me do that...please...

Mendrox

GAF, on the off chance amazon make good of delivery the guide on my bday next thursday...do people want me to pop in here and...not go berserk but ask if people want a mission list, area list etc? I mean i know it's a spoiler thread but I feel like unless people want me to type out the whole book....

It could be that I will get the game today (or tomorrow) so I will be a spoiler bomb these coming days. :x

Jackpot

Banned

Tell us everything. Omit nothing.

Shy

R2veaic.png

Mifec

I want the list of all secret objectives kekekekekekekek

Mendrox

Oh, also I will stream at Hitbox.tv again for the awesome quality. I upgraded my setup a little bit so I will stream with the highest bitrate that Hitbox supports (I have 100mbit upload now). :)

shocky2002

Neo Member
I'll be honest. I'm slightly dumbfounded none of the reviews seem to complain about Quiet.

The pessimist in me just expected it.

Kotaku's already got the 2000 words written and will be released literally 12 AM on Saturday night.

But really, whether or not her character is offensive and psychologically hurtful or traumatizing to some reviewers, it's got literally nothing to do with the actual quality of the game.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Oh god, guide photos coming out.

- Avatar creation is for the online elements
- The guide doesn't say who Ishmael is. Konami and Kojima Production asked to not reveal it. It will be revealed in an optional mission after the main story has ended
- 50 main missions
- 157 optional missions
- Quiet will leave you after mission 43 and to finish her story you will have to find her after the main one is over

STORY SPOILERS HERE

- The last mission is against the Metal Gear controlled by "the floating kid"
- Quiet goes to the hospital to kill Big Boss and speaks
- The guide refers to the protagonist as Ahab and a DNA test says he and Eli are NOT related
- The fire guy is Volgin. You have to get his body in chapter 2
- The medic and Ishmael are the same person. Probably the real Big Boss?

BB is a clone apparently. Whether it's Solidus or not...

Ishmael is Big Boss.

Huey doesn't recognize BB...

Eli is Liquid...

Edit: It's apparently a ghost of Paz that's haunting "BB/Venom Snake"

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
One of the spoilers from the guide is that Quiet goes to the hospital to kill Big Boss.

Like a month ago, bigmgsfan on reddit posted the entire story that everyone said was fake, but he talked about Quiet going to the hospital to kill Boss so maybe his shit was true?

https://www.reddit.com/user/BigMGSfan

Scroll to the wall of text.

BB is a clone apparently. Whether it's Solidus or not...

Ishmael is Big Boss.

Huey doesn't recognize BB...

Eli is Liquid...

Edit: It's apparently a ghost of Paz that's haunting "BB/Venom Snake"

Damn, playable Solidus would be interesting. Eli being Liquid is the shocker of the century :V

Lakitu

st5fu
One of the spoilers from the guide is that Quiet goes to the hospital to kill Big Boss.

Like a month ago, bigmgsfan on reddit posted the entire story that everyone said was fake, but he talked about Quiet going to the hospital to kill Boss so maybe his shit was true?

https://www.reddit.com/user/BigMGSfan

Scroll to the wall of text.

That seems to connect with everything else we know. Very interesting. It actually sounds good, IMO.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Actually this is probably all nonsense since I don't imagine the guide says anything that concrete about the story.

At least we have maps now though..

MrS

Banned
That photo of Sahelanthropus is fucking brilliant. It looks more menacing than any other Metal Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom