• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita claim settlement emails going on NOW

IMACOMPUTA

I find it really hard to believe that i didn't take advantage of this. I'm such a cheap ass. I do all kinds of time consuming and dumb stuff for freebies.

But I have no trace of anything related to this offer in my email. I got the launch bundle vita. Was there any way to sign up for this if you didn't receive the initial notification email?
I know I never sent anything in...

sonny4p

Mailman just showed up with both of my $25 vouchers....woohoooo
Now should I get metal gear or uncharted collection...

BriGuy

I find it really hard to believe that i didn't take advantage of this. I'm such a cheap ass. I do all kinds of time consuming and dumb stuff for freebies.

But I have no trace of anything related to this offer in my email. I got the launch bundle vita. Was there any way to sign up for this if you didn't receive the initial notification email?
I know I never sent anything in...

You probably missed the boat, but on the bright side, you might still be free to sue Sony independently now! I dunno.

I filled out the form, but didn't have my UPC info handy at the time. You'd think having the system registered online on day one wold suffice, but I guess we'll find out.

zeopower6

Got check in the mail today~

Had to send the physical claim form in though and didn't have any updates till I got the envelope today.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I received my $25 PSN code in the snail mail today.
I had manually submitted my paperwork when this came up a while back since I never received an email.

magetf

Neo Member
Wait why is everyone getting money? Did I miss something?

The FCC alleged that Sony, during the Vita's release, had advertisements that were deceptive (specifically some of the remote play stuff). Sony, admitting no guilt, decided to settle the matter financially rather than fight it. In april, Vita owners who bought it before June 1st 2012 were eligible to file a claim for either $25 cash, $25 PSN code, or "over $50" worth of games (that were only worth $50 if going by PSN prices).

Even though it sucks that I didn't sign up for the whole claim since I signed it off as possible phishing, it's cool that Sony is doing this. Took a pretty long time for it to come.

Got the check today though it was probably in my box yesterday.

Even though it sucks that I didn't sign up for the whole claim since I signed it off as possible phishing, it's cool that Sony is doing this. Took a pretty long time for it to come.

Sony is only doing it because they didn't want to go to court.

krillehhh

Banned
Wait why is everyone getting money? Did I miss something?

Basically, some NeoGAF members were really upset that Vita commercials didn't show a realistic picture of how the Vita might be used. They feel like this impacted their lives and feelings a lot, so now they are getting money from Sony to pay for their emotional and psychological damage.

This is exactly where I am... I still remember when this all was announced, and the emails were going out so you could file a claim... There was a whole thread here on GAF and many of us never got the initial email... However, some of it looked so damn fishy, many of us, me included, were afraid to give out our information...

I never got anything from Sony, and I had a Vita like the first week or so it came out... I have been using the same info with Sony since I was beta testing Socom online on the PS2... I'm not mad, but cannot figure out why I never got any information about this from Sony... I was active in the original thread on GAF, but was afraid to send in my info....

BTW, I still haven't received anything from the PSN hack settlement... I still remember signing up to get Patapon for PSP and haven't gotten anything...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This is exactly where I am... I still remember when this all was announced, and the emails were going out so you could file a claim... There was a whole thread here on GAF and many of us never got the initial email... However, some of it looked so damn fishy, many of us, me included, were afraid to give out our information...

I never got anything from Sony, and I had a Vita like the first week or so it came out... I have been using the same info with Sony since I was beta testing Socom online on the PS2... I'm not mad, but cannot figure out why I never got any information about this from Sony... I was active in the original thread on GAF, but was afraid to send in my info....

BTW, I still haven't received anything from the PSN hack settlement... I still remember signing up to get Patapon for PSP and haven't gotten anything...

Wasn't the Vita settlement the one that only required an email address? All the skepticism over that wasn't really warranted because they had already sent an email to the address they were asking for, the only other information they requested was the Vita serial number. And if you were responding to the email that was optional.

And I just remembered the PSN settlement thing once this popped up. They just closed the game selection a week ago so it might be several months before those are given out. I think I took the PS+.

Darvan

Just for those that maybe checking their emails I filled out the forms to get the credit via email and I got a letter in the mail with the code

Top Bottom