• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL Batman Begins Discussion Topic - TV Spots, Reviews, RT Watch, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

The movie has defied expectations with its run at the box office, as its total domestic gross is more than four times its opening weekend, something which is unheard of for this type of genre movie.

Of course Batman had this all planned from day one.

http://superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=3401

begins200.jpg

Found this on SHH! board

Kuroyume

Banned
It's just proof that Batman rules. I want to go back and point out the amount of ownage BATMAN has caused thanks to it hitting $200, but I'm too lazy. Those doubters and haters... OWNED :lol

DMczaf

Batman DVD and possible sequel stuff from BOF

"Mike" sent us word that he got a look at a list of upcoming DVD releases and a "Delux Edition" of BATMAN BEGINS will be released on October 18th. This DVD will feature 2 discs. "There were four entries altogether," our source reported, "the VHS release, the Widescreen and Fullscreen releases, and the one I wasn't expecting to see - a 'Batman Begins' Deluxe Edition." Now, I know we've all seen the extras that will be included on the BEGINS DVD, and this "Delux Edition" could be it. I guess we'll find out what's in store for us very soon...

(POSSIBLE SPOILER) There is much speculation that if Katie Holmes does indeed return in the upcoming sequel, her Rachel Dawes character will be one of The Joker's victims. I've received several emails from "insiders" saying that this is a possible storyline. Now, this is a plot detail that would be easy to "predict" - hell, it's even crossed my mind beforehand. I will say that I've heard nothing in this vein from any of the insiders that BOF trusts...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
more like where is Avi Arad now? :lol

avi_arad.jpg

"Batman came and went..."

with a 200million dollars bag that is :D

Shinobi

Ninja Scooter said:
Where are the Fantastic Four now? Oh, they're at home WASHING THEIR TIGHTS!

:lol

I was expecting a deluxe version of Batman Begins...it only makes sense. I got the deluxe Spidey 2 for a cool 25 Canadian (not sure how, but I'm not gonna complain), and that was a pretty neat package.

And I like the idea proposed for Dawes in the sequel...it'd be far more effective then just writing her out.

DMczaf

Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 11:23 AM, 6:51 PM CST: LEGIONS OF GOTHAM is reporting that a "VERY credible source" informed them that Crispin Glover is a legit candidate for the role of The Joker in the upcoming BEGINS sequel.

willard4.jpg

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
don't believe Dm's news. He is like Konex when it comes to Batman Begins.

Wrong, my post has a source.

If I'm the Konex of Batman Begins, my post would be

According to sources somewhere, WB is planning on filming Batman 2-5 back-to-back-to-back-to-back starting in the Summer of 2006

they would never cast him because he's a C-list asshat who acts like a primadonna and is unreliable. Nolan wouldn't put up with that shit, and Bale would give him 3 days before he went Patrick Bateman on his ass. I don't care if he was already in a batman movie, i still say they should give Jim Carrey a strong look.

Socreges

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
I don't care if he was already in a batman movie, i still say they should give Jim Carrey a strong look.
Normally I'd be afraid that Carrey would make it too silly, too light-hearted, but with the right direction he'd probably be a near-perfect cast.

It absolutely will not happen, though, if only because he was already a villain in Batman Forever. Yes, different series and all that, but Nolan and Goyer still wouldn't be comfortable even considering it, I bet.

J2 Cool

Carrey would be the best considering he respects Nolan, respects Begins, and knows how much this matters to the actors. I'd have 100% faith in him to hit every perfect note. The subtle bits and the high notes. He's brilliant as an actor imo. Nicholson's Joker would be a distant memory were Jim Carrey cast. I still don't like Glover. I don't see why beat around the bush when there is such a perfect actor for the role. He'd seriously rule. Knowing we would get an actor the equivalent of Bale on opposite sides would be really comforting as well. The Joker is every bit of an attraction as Batman, during the hours he's on screen. It can't be an underplayed performance or one that doesn't steal the show. Otherwise it wouldn't be Joker. His logic and mannerisms are something to marvel at within themselves. Anyway, here's hoping for the best. Need to accomplish 1 of 3 things for the sequel to be successful. Get Nolan back, cast Joker perfect, and bring the fanbase back. Both with advertising for Begin's dvd and the sequel's hype. More and more are already falling in love with it. Wouldn't be surprised to see big dvd sales.

Error

now that you people mention him, yeah Jim Carrey would be awesome as the Joker but fucking Schumaker already used him :(

Edward Norton and Lachy Hulme are good choices also

edit: Edward Norton is better as the Riddler than the Joker now that I think about it

DMczaf

IMAX Corporation and Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that Batman Begins: The IMAX Experience is now IMAX's highest grossing digitally re-mastered 2D release, reaching the milestone in less than nine weeks. With total grosses of $14.5 million on 72 worldwide IMAX screens, it eclipses the record set by The Matrix Reloaded: The IMAX Experience, which grossed just over $14 million in twenty-two weeks. For the three day period from Friday, August 12 to Sunday, August 14 - its eighth weekend of release - Batman Begins: The IMAX Experience grossed an estimated $203,000 in 51 North American IMAX® theatres, an increase of eight per cent over the prior weekend. The film has now achieved a cumulative domestic per screen average of nearly $215,000 and continues to show extraordinary staying power.

Go Batman!

DMczaf

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

Friday, August 19, 2005 - 9:18 PM CST: Hey ya'll, Jett here. Got some good stuff today from one of our best sources. Dude has been correct with everything he has told BOF. Everything. Here it is:

“The idea for two films is [already] there, and David Goyer is currently putting together something - but Nolan is not attached to the project (yet), and they have not started writing. Nolan has apparently got two other projects that he is currently working on, but these would not affect any BATMAN sequels. Back-to-back filming is still a possibility and is being considered. But as I said before, Nolan has not even signed on, so they wouldn't agree to anything like that now."

He continues:

"The two sequels will follow a very close storyline, and Warners [is demanding] some kind of continuity in terms of the look and style of the films. This is one of the mistakes they made with the previous sequels and he assures me they won't be making the same mistake [again]!"

"Expect some 'official' news from the studio around the time the DVDs come out. What this is he [our source's source - Jett] wouldn't say, but i'm guessing if they are doing sequels what better way to get the hype going then to announce it when the first film is released for everyone to enjoy in their homes!"

This may confirm the whisperings that the "official" announcement of the BEGINS sequel will indeed coincide with the release of the DVDs this Fall...

Shinobi

:lol Nolan's probably just trying to squeeze a bit more dosh out of the Warner coffers. But yeah, he needs to sign on that dotted line and get it over with...my heart can't take the stress.

DMczaf

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=3422

Batman Begins producer Charles Roven was asked by the Chicago Sun-Times whether or not the sequel will be filmed in Chicago, and he also talked about the villain:

As for other Bat-rumors, Roven denies he's searching for a new, younger Joker to play Batman's nemesis in the sequel. "The Internet has the Joker cast already," Roven says shaking his head. "The 'Net has also cast the Riddler. It's just all rumors. ... The truth is we haven't even decided who will be the next villain."

He says the nod to the Joker in the current movie "was our way of tipping our hats to the very first Batman movie [in which Jack Nicholson was the Joker]."

As for the status of this sequel, Roven says, "It's up to [director] Chris Nolan and his schedule. He wants to make another movie first."

Error

Nolan will probably do a small budget film before making the Batman sequels that is of course if he ever comes back, I'm pretty sure he will though.

DMczaf

Error2k4 said:
Nolan will probably do a small budget film before making the Batman sequels that is of course if he ever comes back, I'm pretty sure he will though.

Hey y'all, Jett here. I received an email today that confirmed to me that Mr. Nolan will be directing the BATMAN BEGINS sequel after his next film. The latter he is prepping as we speak. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL ANNOUCEMENT. Sorry I can't be specific as I'm protecting the ID of my source, but trust me on this one. Damn! That info is going to take some steam out of my next op-ed that will be posted this weekend. But I'm certainly glad that Nolan will return - not that I ever thought he wouldn't...

Error

Smiles and Cries said:
I'm in Baltimore staying in a hotel so I am about to order this movie because I saw this thread :D

best movie of the year for me as of now, enjoy it I'm sure you will :p

Guzim

Memles said:
While it will likely end up eclipsed by both Wedding Crashers and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in the Summer Box Office battle, it is still a pretty damn good haul.
Figured since this thread got bumped I'd post this:

BATMAN BEGINS
Domestic Total as of Sep. 15, 2005: $204,303,093

WEDDING CRASHERS
Domestic Total as of Sep. 16, 2005: $201,858,000 (Estimate)

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Domestic Total as of Sep. 15, 2005: $202,826,883

DMczaf

Two of BOF's best - and completely unrelated - sources have confirmed for us that Australian actor Lachy Hulme (pronounced "Lock-ee Hewm") and British thesp Paul Bettany are the only actors that BATMAN producers are considering for the role of The Joker - at the momment. One of these two sources also told us that screen tests will indeed take place this fall, although it was unclear if one or both of these actors are testing...

Memles

Guzim said:
Figured since this thread got bumped I'd post this:

BATMAN BEGINS
Domestic Total as of Sep. 15, 2005: $204,303,093

WEDDING CRASHERS
Domestic Total as of Sep. 16, 2005: $201,858,000 (Estimate)

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
Domestic Total as of Sep. 15, 2005: $202,826,883

End of the Weekend:

Wedding Crashers - $203,618,000
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - $203,542,000

There's no numbers for Batman Begins yet, but I still don't really understand your post...are you saying I was wrong? Because Wedding Crashers will pass it during the week no matter what, and I'd expect Charlie to do the same by next weekend. I loved Batman Begins, but the reality is that it will likely end up near the bottom of the Top 10 films of the year (Thanks to, at least, King Kong and Goblet of Fire, if not Narnia).

Boogie said:
Ask your fiance ;)
She would not know about that.

just read this is some kind of Christian book?!?
YEP she would not know about it. her church hates books outside of the Bible

I want Batman Begins 2... someone leak the script again please :D

Boogie

Smiles and Cries said:
She would not know about that.

just read this is some kind of Christian book?!?
YEP she would not know about it. her church hates books outside of the Bible

I want Batman Begins 2... someone leak the script again please :D

Okay.

Well, the Chronicles of Narnia are a series of children's books by C.S. Lewis, a famous Christian author. And if her Church hates him and his books then they really are out there on the wacky fringe of Christianity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom